Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

We’ve known for 2 weeks and kept it with all other street dated merch in the stockroom as we always do

My store did what it normally does with it too. Someone after being told to look out for the street dated merchandise on the truck put it out early for a guest to find. Always a fun walkie conversation to overhear.

Hotwheel idiot is lucky that Saturdays truck was small and I had time to hunt for his stupid fucking toy cars... should've asked him for a tip

We are no longer allowed to assist the Hot Wheels idiots in any way, shape or form. We cannot check to see if we have more in the back. We cannot check to see if any came on the truck. We can not bring Hot Wheels truck boxes out first. What's on the pegs is what we have for them. Period. That's been nice.

Of course, they now just hang around the store for hours waiting for their precious Hot Wheels to come out. That's not so nice.

What else did you get?

We only had the Tony Stark shirts

Which I put out at 10 and were gone by 12

We had all the toys for the line in and we knew it wasn’t being set till sometime this week so we just did a makeshift amp fixture and merchandised it sold very well especially for the demand we kept the fixture near electronics we still have a good amount for the set when I left so we weren’t dry out come it time to be set

We had jack shit. We had some Funkos at the electronics counter that no one wanted. Only toy anyone asked for was the 2 pack and it could not be found and yes I actually made an attempt. I'm pretty good at finding unlocated things but this was a lost cause.

I don't keep up anymore since I pretty much only work weekends. If no one at work communicates it, then I don't know.

We are no longer allowed to assist the Hot Wheels idiots in any way, shape or form. We cannot check to see if we have more in the back. We cannot check to see if any came on the truck. We can not bring Hot Wheels truck boxes out first. What's on the pegs is what we have for them. Period. That's been nice.

Of course, they now just hang around the store for hours waiting for their precious Hot Wheels to come out. That's not so nice.

Ours are at least friendly about it and understand that if the location is full we won’t bring out extra

We had jack shit. We had some Funkos at the electronics counter that no one wanted. Only toy anyone asked for was the 2 pack and it could not be found and yes I actually made an attempt. I'm pretty good at finding unlocated things but this was a lost cause.

I don't keep up anymore since I pretty much only work weekends. If no one at work communicates it, then I don't know.

We have a product Launch board at TSC to keep all informed it has helped knowledge wise for the TMs

I don't know what it's like to work at a store that gives a shit anymore. Y'all hiring!?

It was actually a call out from a DTL in a way to boost morale at store because they saw how bad the etls got chewed out for various reasons. Including market team including the TL leaving in the matter of a week and the etls scrambling to figure something out/hire. The store alone all the TLs are on the side with the TMs against ETLs. Every visit we get the DTL/HRBP spend more time with TMs then the ETLs including once they did a walk which was unexpected but great to 1 person of every modernization area walk with them through store for the visit

There’s been a few of us that joked and said that we just just do like style and just merchandise it the way we want lol. Keep it all tied but the big part of the work would be capacity changes lol

Just out of curiosity, how long do your clearance end caps take to end up all over the floor?
I slanted the shelves and put up fencing. Now it’s a contained mess. It’s a mess but at least it’s not on the floors.

Back