Archived Liquor Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLN13

Hardlines TM
What % of Target's hve liquor stores? Just curious if my store is lagging behind or just some test stores that have it? I've seen some stories that have them.

Last edited:
What % of Target's hve liquor stores? Just curious if it's most targets or just some test stores? I've seen some stores that have them and some that don't.

How many Targets sell liquor? Quite a few.

How many have a dedicated liquor store with separate entrance? <1%

How many Targets sell liquor? Quite a few.

How many have a dedicated liquor store with separate entrance? <1%
That's what I thought, I read some stories about ones that have separate entrance liquor stores and it sounds awesome! How many actually have that??

A store very close to me has a Liquor Store. I saw postings for Liquor Store TMs a few days ago.

Well then, I guess that article answers my questions. 7 out of 1700+ stores. Too bad :( bring the liquor stores out of MN Spot!

Downtown Mpls. Target approved to sell liquor
They would only do that if there are some weird local requirements on where they can sell liquor. Usually when they are allowed to sell liquor, they can just stock it in the store with everything else, which makes more sense than building a separate store for it.

They would only do that if there are some weird local requirements on where they can sell liquor. Usually when they are allowed to sell liquor, they can just stock it in the store with everything else, which makes more sense than building a separate store for it.

In Alaska it is like that.
A store has have the liquor store as a separate unit with its own area and cash register.
It can be under the same roof but has to be walled off or in the case of Costco, chain link fenced off.

I find it ironic we sell alcohol but not cigarettes.

I find it ironic we sell alcohol but not cigarettes.
Why? Cigarettes are legitimately bad for you. Alcohol doesn't cause lung cancer and it doesn't affect people around you while you use it like tobacco does. (Unless of course you're an idiot and drink and drive..)​

No grocery/retail store can sell alcohol in my state unless it is the ONE store with a special exemption. So only one Target, only one Costco, only one Kroger, etc. get to sell alcohol. Otherwise, you have to go to the liquor store.

Why? Cigarettes are legitimately bad for you. Alcohol doesn't cause lung cancer and it doesn't affect people around you while you use it like tobacco does. (Unless of course you're an idiot and drink and drive..)​
Well why you ask? After a moment I realize its even more ironic that I am in recovery having spent some time in rehab...drinking alcohol...using drugs will get you kicked out....but almost every single patient there smoked cigarettes. Go figure. Its the hardest to kick.

Well why you ask? After a moment I realize its even more ironic that I am in recovery having spent some time in rehab...drinking alcohol...using drugs will get you kicked out....but almost every single patient there smoked cigarettes. Go figure. Its the hardest to kick.

I have friends who have kicked heroin.
They will tell you that no matter how horrible they felt, how retched and awful everything was, they would rather do that then kick booze.
Just watching the alcoholics have seizures, hallucinate, and in some cases almost die, made the junkies very aware that what they were going through wasn't quite so bad.

But don't take away their cigarettes.
You have to leave them with something.

One of my local ones (not mine... I don't think) is getting a dedicated space with its own entry (it's being built right now, not sure if the entry is off the street or through the store). When I saw it, it struck me as kind of silly. The only hours liquor can't be sold in my state are like 2am-6am, so it's not like they need it walled off to shut people out (with the exception of Black Friday).

But, whatever. Might have been cool if we still had our discount on alcohol. But we don't, and liquor is almost never discounted, so I haven't bought liquor from my store in like a year

The only hours liquor can't be sold in my state are like 2am-6am, so it's not like they need it walled off to shut people out (with the exception of Black Friday).
Black Friday is easy enough; we just put up signs on every 4 ft section with alcohol to let people know that we cannot sell it due to state law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back