Merit Raises & Reviews: 2023 Edition

They said only 2 people in my entire store were able to get DEO.

All deserved. It's a shame they limit the DEO increase.
I would like to point out that there’s really no such thing as select only 1-3 people for DEO per target . And it’s more so about the leadership not wanting to give it . I had my tls score the inbound and plano team and 6 of them got DEO I agreed with their score . Tm are getting scored based on their performance and not the store itself .

I would like to point out that there’s really no such thing as select only 1-3 people for DEO per target . And it’s more so about the leadership not wanting to give it . I had my tls score the inbound and plano team and 6 of them got DEO I agreed with their score . Tm are getting scored based on their performance and not the store itself .
Yes but there are plenty of TMs who deserve DEO and don't get it because of budget constraints.

Yeah, we had 5 on our Inbound team that I know of who got the max raise alone. They deserved it.

When do these raises show up on workday? Mine isn’t there yet and I had my review early this week.

Me.. I've been here 4 years now and the first two years I got the top raise.. first time it was 5%, second time 4%. Then there was some sort of a glitch in the computer or app or something where the app showed for me that I had a day off and the computer at work said I was supposed to work so I ended up getting written up for a no call no show even though it wasn't my fault. Since I had a write up in my file I was not eligible for the 4% raise in my third year so I got 2%. This year.. my 19 year old boss who has never worked with me a day in my life gave me the 2% raise. I asked him why, what it is that I needed to do or what I was doing wrong and he said nothing, Target just didn't have the money to give me a 4% raise. But we all know that's a little crap because there were a few people who got them so the question is why did they get them and not me if I'm doing everything right. I went to the ETL yesterday and asked her what I needed to do better and why I didn't get the 4% and she said she doesn't have any problems with my work she doesn't know how to do anything better blah blah blah but at the end of the day she said she would talk to HR and make sure that it wasn't a quote unquote mistake which we all know it wasn't a mistake, he just didn't pick me because he doesn't know me from a hole in the wall because he's 19-year-old team lead who just got moved to my department.. the ETL did say that there were a lot of people in the store who had gotten no raise at all and another Bunch that had only gotten 1% and apparently this is supposed to make me feel better but it does not. I told her if I'm such a valued employee then I don't see the motivation for continuing to kick ass if I'm not going to be recognized for it. She said she would really hate to lose me but she understands. Unfortunately those are all words and doesn't really help the paycheck at all. Or me for that matter. After my review a few days ago I had immediately gone into HR and lowered my desired hours to the minimum needed to maintain my benefits and told them that I would be considering my options for employment.

Me.. I've been here 4 years now and the first two years I got the top raise.. first time it was 5%, second time 4%. Then there was some sort of a glitch in the computer or app or something where the app showed for me that I had a day off and the computer at work said I was supposed to work so I ended up getting written up for a no call no show even though it wasn't my fault. Since I had a write up in my file I was not eligible for the 4% raise in my third year so I got 2%. This year.. my 19 year old boss who has never worked with me a day in my life gave me the 2% raise. I asked him why, what it is that I needed to do or what I was doing wrong and he said nothing, Target just didn't have the money to give me a 4% raise. But we all know that's a little crap because there were a few people who got them so the question is why did they get them and not me if I'm doing everything right. I went to the ETL yesterday and asked her what I needed to do better and why I didn't get the 4% and she said she doesn't have any problems with my work she doesn't know how to do anything better blah blah blah but at the end of the day she said she would talk to HR and make sure that it wasn't a quote unquote mistake which we all know it wasn't a mistake, he just didn't pick me because he doesn't know me from a hole in the wall because he's 19-year-old team lead who just got moved to my department.. the ETL did say that there were a lot of people in the store who had gotten no raise at all and another Bunch that had only gotten 1% and apparently this is supposed to make me feel better but it does not. I told her if I'm such a valued employee then I don't see the motivation for continuing to kick ass if I'm not going to be recognized for it. She said she would really hate to lose me but she understands. Unfortunately those are all words and doesn't really help the paycheck at all. Or me for that matter. After my review a few days ago I had immediately gone into HR and lowered my desired hours to the minimum needed to maintain my benefits and told them that I would be considering my options for employment.
Target's annual performance review process - and the crappy pay raises - are ROTTEN. Best for you to get a job somewhere else, Target as a company doesn't give a rat's-ass about retaining you unless you are desperate.

I was fed some bs like this as well. They said they didn't have any control this year. I was told the same scoring was entered for me and another. They got 4% and I got 2%. There were people on CA that got 4% though while for half of last year I had to manage the department as a TM because they didn't have a lead for us.

Suffice to say they are losing me.

5% DEO TL

life  challenge suck it GIF

I'm at 15.92 after 5 years and it sucks. When they raised us to 15 they took our previous raises too and put us at 15 like people walking in the door. So wrong plus 2022 was the first year our store received zero Christmas bonus.... nothing...... not one penny
Same here. I've been at Target 7 years and $15.61. No bonuses here either. They figure if you don't like it leave. They can replace us with someone at $15.

In a related matter if you resign through Workday what happens after you submit the form.

I looked at it and it just asked to pick the reason (voluntary or military?) and for my last day.

Does it ask for a reason beyond that?

Does corporate even look at the reason?

For example if three TMs resigned because the TL is always screaming at them.

Last edited:
In a related matter if you resign through Workday what happens after you submit the form.

I looked at it and it just asked to pick the reason (voluntary or military?) and for my last day.

Does it ask for a reason beyond that?

Does corporate even look at the reason?

For example if three TMs resigned because the TL is always screaming at them.
I have resigned a couple of years back due to personal reasons . That time it asked if voluntary or military in that particular form . Then you will have a task to do an exit survey separately where some details could be provided . There were quite a few questions to provide your concerns . I didn’t have any so I just said good things about my duration at work .

Your etl is gaslighting you into thinking they aren't the ones who choose who gets what, along with the store director, and that being happy that you got 2% because others got less. Don't take it out on your new TL they have absolutely no say in what you got for a raise.

I was fed some bs like this as well. They said they didn't have any control this year. I was told the same scoring was entered for me and another. They got 4% and I got 2%. There were people on CA that got 4% though while for half of last year I had to manage the department as a TM because they didn't have a lead for us.

Suffice to say they are losing me.
I doubt the person on a CA got 4%. Don't believe everything you here because they are probably trying to hide they got a bad review. Spot thinking they can give out shitty raises and just replace tms if they leave is one of the reasons that the company did so poorly in so many areas last year. In my area we can't hire anyone and we start Atwell above the 15 dollar minimum. Most places are still paying more then us.

You're supposed to be happy with what you get because others didn't get a raise.?? Their work was possibly under par so why are they comparing you to them. ?

Your etl is gaslighting you into thinking they aren't the ones who choose who gets what, along with the store director, and that being happy that you got 2% because others got less. Don't take it out on your new TL they have absolutely no say in what you got for a raise.
The amount of top raises is determined at the district level I believe, and then each store decides how to divide them up to their TMs. At some stores (re: all the ones I've worked in), the TLs had the biggest say in who got each raise, while the ETLs and SDs helped manage the budget because we aren't allowed to give people what they actually deserve.

Got mine... after threatening to Transfer. Yeah, like the shittiest raise I've ever gotten is gonna make me stay. Oh, and I also get the privelege of teaching our ETLs how to so their job... Fuck you Spot! and Double Fuck you Brian Cornell!!!!

Back