MEGATHREAD myDay app

Yeap not actually locating the items

Well, that's just great. I don't have much backstock at least and I know the few things I did backstock in baby did locate because I went thru every Waco and item before I left to find all the unlocated items.

Will still partner with my TL to see what chaos I may have inadvertently created for BRLA though.

Back to myWork/Move I go! 😕

Well, that's just great. I don't have much backstock at least and I know the few things I did backstock in baby did locate because I went thru every Waco and item before I left to find all the unlocated items.

Will still partner with my TL to see what chaos I may have inadvertently created for BRLA though.

Back to myWork/Move I go! 😕
Yeah just ridiculous.

Do not pull with myday you will fuck up your Backroom and I mean big time. My p1 started this week and they have 800 errors however no scans??? Wtf and all errors are as ghost. Went from 99% to 60 in 3 days fuck that. Also no batch completion . Just so many issues with this app

We started pulling and backstocking with myday since Monday so far no issues like yours 🤔

Are you doing 1for1 pog fills like us? I wonder why we dont just do area fill. Seems easier than clicking on every pog

Last edited:
Do not pull with myday you will fuck up your Backroom and I mean big time. My p1 started this week and they have 800 errors however no scans??? Wtf and all errors are as ghost. Went from 99% to 60 in 3 days fuck that. Also no batch completion . Just so many issues with this app
That must be why I've been finding unlocated stuff like crazy when picking for flex 🤦‍♀️

We started pulling and backstocking with myday since Monday so far no issues like yours 🤔

Are you doing 1for1 pog fills like us? I wonder why we dont just do area fill. Seems easier than clicking on every pog
Why would I do 141 pog fill? Besides with myday the 141 for the department is dropped automatically so no one has to drop it . Have you checked your brla? Or your batch completion? Or did and empty location?

So, we know about issues with pull and spent the week working on them. Version 1.7.18 that started rolling out today is meant to address those issues. Obviously (well, hopefully obviously) we’re watching to make sure that’s true, but also let us know if you still see things. But yeah, this wasn’t ideal. We will be better.

So, we know about issues with pull and spent the week working on them. Version 1.7.18 that started rolling out today is meant to address those issues. Obviously (well, hopefully obviously) we’re watching to make sure that’s true, but also let us know if you still see things. But yeah, this wasn’t ideal. We will be better.
Please fix the font size.

Why would I do 141 pog fill? Besides with myday the 141 for the department is dropped automatically so no one has to drop it . Have you checked your brla? Or your batch completion? Or did and empty location?

Ok let me reword this. Under Fill, are you selecting your 1f1 under aisles, POG, or area? Or do you not have that option yet?

Our BRLA is still green and backstock is located accurately from what I can tell.

If you all know about issues, you NEED to tell us. Y’all have a status board in the app— use it.

that’s what’s worse— not that there were bugs, that happens. But the fact that there was no communication (especially when there’s a dedicated way in the app to communicate issues) is horrible.

I’ll make a note to see what we can do about that. I can’t make promises for when we can adjust the font, particularly because we also have to see what impacts adjusting sizes have on the components we use, but I can get our UXers to look in to it.

Please ask your UX person how this font size is acceptable in the first place (look at DPCI #) . I mean it doesn't take an expert to figure that it might be a problem for some people. Sorry don't mean to be an ass..

Attachments

• 20200806_101107.jpg
    20200806_101107.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 99
Ok let me reword this. Under Fill, are you selecting your 1f1 under aisles, POG, or area? Or do you not have that option yet?

Our BRLA is still green and backstock is located accurately from what I can tell.
Fill is all fill you can select to pull it by aisle or by pog but it will be the same thing because you have to pull it alll either way . You won’t get credit for a pog fill . You get credit for a department fill aka man caf aka fill for depth.

I can see why pulling 1for1 under POG filter would make sense than pulling under the area filter. Since 1for1 populates itself automatically in real time it would make sense to pull it in smaller batches otherwise if your pulling the whole HBA area, you'll be pulling a bunch of stuff meant for tomorrow as well. Especially if your doing it on a busy day like Saturday, pulling by area will be never ending.

Last edited:
I am having a lot of issues when I go out of the app and back into it again. It just freezes and crashes, or says the app isn’t responding. I just want to know if that’s an issue with the app or the device I use, because I use the same device everyday (leaders have their devices allocated to them).
At the same time though, that happens with a lot of apps on my device. If it is an issue with the device, would anyone have any suggestions on how to fix that issue, if there are any?

I am having a lot of issues when I go out of the app and back into it again. It just freezes and crashes, or says the app isn’t responding. I just want to know if that’s an issue with the app or the device I use, because I use the same device everyday (leaders have their devices allocated to them).
At the same time though, that happens with a lot of apps on my device. If it is an issue with the device, would anyone have any suggestions on how to fix that issue, if there are any?
I did have that problem where every second time you open myDay it crashes, it has since gone away but it seems like all kinds of stores have all different versions of myDay and maybe you just have the one where that's not fixed yet.

Sorry if this was already said; MyDay is not built with the actual end user in mind.

Example:

It takes 3 steps after opening MyDayto get into the backstock process.
1. Go-to Home.
2. Click on Fill and Backstock from Task list.
3. Click on Backstock. This opens the backstock application with in MyDay.
3a. Scan item.
3b. Scan location.
3c. Enter Quantity.
Repeat as necessary.

Seems straight forward; but it doesn't list fillgroup (since that's apparently not a thing) okay. It also doesn't show any additional information that would help like salesfloor location (we have a few backroom valleys set up by salesfloor aisle, similar to custom blocks). So located similar items together can happen.

You can't switch to Scan without closing backstock and then repeating the 3 steps to get back into backstock. You can't backstock from Scan either or I haven't seen a way to do so.

The user interface should be built with two things in mind:
1. Don't make me think. If it's not intuitively layed out, it's going to be a frustrating mess and people will not use it properly, or at all.

2. If I have to press more than 1 button to complete a process, I've already pressed too many.

Asking me if I'm sure. Or if I want to cancel. Or making me drill down into an application more than one level for information that should be top-level. Is bad user design. If you have to bury important functions in sub-menus. You aren't thinking of the user. You're just adding unnecessary stuff and fluff.

It also doesn't show any additional information that would help like salesfloor location (we have a few backroom valleys set up by salesfloor aisle, similar to custom blocks). So located similar items together can happen.

Another step unfortunately.. you have to push pause and it will take you to the item info page with aisle number. Seriously wish they just improved on the old design, not create a completely different one.

Thank goodness I haven't even opened myDay beyond a cursory glance on the first day.

: shrug :

Sorry if this was already said; MyDay is not built with the actual end user in mind.

Example:

It takes 3 steps after opening MyDayto get into the backstock process.
1. Go-to Home.
2. Click on Fill and Backstock from Task list.
3. Click on Backstock. This opens the backstock application with in MyDay.
3a. Scan item.
3b. Scan location.
3c. Enter Quantity.
Repeat as necessary.

Seems straight forward; but it doesn't list fillgroup (since that's apparently not a thing) okay. It also doesn't show any additional information that would help like salesfloor location (we have a few backroom valleys set up by salesfloor aisle, similar to custom blocks). So located similar items together can happen.

You can't switch to Scan without closing backstock and then repeating the 3 steps to get back into backstock. You can't backstock from Scan either or I haven't seen a way to do so.

The user interface should be built with two things in mind:
1. Don't make me think. If it's not intuitively layed out, it's going to be a frustrating mess and people will not use it properly, or at all.

2. If I have to press more than 1 button to complete a process, I've already pressed too many.

Asking me if I'm sure. Or if I want to cancel. Or making me drill down into an application more than one level for information that should be top-level. Is bad user design. If you have to bury important functions in sub-menus. You aren't thinking of the user. You're just adding unnecessary stuff and fluff.

I don't see why they don't just add Backstock to the same page as Take in the Scan section. Oh, wait....that would have been too intuitive. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Thank goodness I haven't even opened myDay beyond a cursory glance on the first day.

: shrug :

I haven't had any issues using MyDay, I either missed using it when it was glitching or it had already updated for us.

I like parts of it, but there is definite room for improvement.

Back