MEGATHREAD myDay app

Does anybody else have issues with myday crashing when pulling? Ive had it happen a few times now since the "update". Now the batches dont reappear for hours. Damn i hate it. Plus taking things out of wacos to move them around envolves too mamy steps now imo.
crash, like the app disappears and says it crashed, or more like your work disappears and you've gotta start over?

For me pulling has a lot to be desired still.

I had many issues where the app didn’t crash but the “task/pull” crashed. Even on a very small item fill. It was crashing after I was confirming the quantity to pull. Hitting done or what ever would give me an error and it wouldnt move to the next item. Hitting done again on the quantity prompt a second time then says it can’t find the item in the batch or whatever (so maybe it was successful in pulling the item but crashed the task... idk). When I exited the batch because that’s all it would respond to, the task/pull was gone (as if it hadn’t expired yet or it thought I was still in it).. I wasn’t able to get it to come back without recreating the item fill.. idk if on one for ones if it actually would come back it if happened on one of those. I’m a bit afraid to find out.

Other gripes will filling/pulling batches is again everything is very small.. the DPCI I need to pull, the location I need to pull it from, etc.

And the on screen messaging of what it’s looking for is not clear. I am unable to tell when it’s trying to have me keep pulling more items from the same location or if it’s trying to get me to move on to the next location. I have a very hard time knowing if it want me to scan another item or the next location. This could be more clear.

I mean the stability issues is what’s keeping me from actually using it. But it needs many UX improvements as well.

How do I join a manual/batch in myDay app?

Definitely see the other thread as many discussions are happening there.

A manual batch prior to myDay was called an EXF. This has been renamed to Item Fill. You can create a manual batch by scanning an item and hitting the blue “Fill” button on the item page. This will add it into a Item Fill Batch under your initials (to get to this batch it would be the Home tab > Fill and Backstock > Fill > select the “Item Fill” drop down to filter (it will probably be on “Area”) > select and start pull)

You can request multiple item fills and it will be added into the batch that already exists for you.

A few things to note about it from the other thread. You can’t fill more than the floor can fit (adjust capacity if you can actually fit more). If you are flexing, use a store tie to create the floor capacity and then fill.

Don’t use this for pulling for a guest. This is for filling the floor. Use the backroom “Take” function for guest requests. When you do a take it will ask you if it’s going to a guest/sales floor (hit “yes”)

If you need additional help I would recommend the myDay training videos. They should only be accessed while on the clock, but can be found clicking the user icon in the top left of MyDay and clicking “myDay Training” or accessing it here.

Last edited:
It would be very cool if myDay brought back the "This item should fit on the salesfloor, are you sure you want to backstock?" popup that myWork 1.0 and STO had for if the item would just come out in the next pull. It really helps when you haven't been coming clean on freight so half your backstock doesn't come out in the next pull. I completed my first full one-for-one in myDay today, and idk if it's actually faster than Move, but it certainly felt a lot faster.

It would be very cool if myDay brought back the "This item should fit on the salesfloor, are you sure you want to backstock?" popup that myWork 1.0 and STO had for if the item would just come out in the next pull. It really helps when you haven't been coming clean on freight so half your backstock doesn't come out in the next pull. I completed my first full one-for-one in myDay today, and idk if it's actually faster than Move, but it certainly felt a lot faster.
@mobileFellow

If i don't finish pulling my one for one how does it affect pull completion? In move if i didn't finish my floor counts didn't update until next batch was dropped and what I did pull didn't count towards pull completion. Basically it was all or nothing.

How do you print out price change labels from a mobile printer? I'm scanned into a printer but it just activates and no label comes out.
is there an another way to backstock directly from item info or is it the backstock menu only?
How do we view item pull batches in progress/suspended/completed?

I think it’s 15 minutes of inactivity. It resets every scan.
It actually stops. And took my everything off location but the batch was never completed . We had this issue just about few weeks ago where one tm made 450 errors in on day . The whole Backroom location was off location and the report showed no scans for this tm

So backstocking in myDay...

Let’s say I have 10 eaches of something and I cannot fit all 10 in the same Waco/backroom location.

I want to put 3 eaches in one Waco and another 7 eaches in a Waco next to it.

currently if I scan the item, scan the first location, type 3 and hit done it won’t let me immediately scan another location without scanning the item again.

How I would expect this to work is once I scan an item I can then scan as many backroom locations as needed until I scan another DPCI/UPC.

Does this make sense?
I could be wrong but I think this is intentional to prevent you from ghost scanning items into locations. It’s forcing you to have to have the product in your hand again before scanning it in.

Does anybody else have issues with myday crashing when pulling? Ive had it happen a few times now since the "update". Now the batches dont reappear for hours. Damn i hate it. Plus taking things out of wacos to move them around envolves too mamy steps now imo.
Wait... you shouldn’t be using myWork or myday to take things and then immediately backstock then just to rearrange them. That’s what the manual back room audit is designed for (LOCU... LOCation Update)

How do you print out price change labels from a mobile printer? I'm scanned into a printer but it just activates and no label comes out.
is there an another way to backstock directly from item info or is it the backstock menu only?

You should be printing your price change labels from the HQ created batch, then activating them in Price Change.

If you want sticker labels for clearance like for in hearth in hand or style all you do is go to price change task. scan the item/label. It then becomes activated. Tap on the sales floor count and enter the number you have .. it simultaneously prints that many tickets and updates the SFQ

Crashing as in it says it cant find item and drops the batch altogether. There was an update today addressing such problem. But guess what? Still happens...🙄🙄🙄😭
yes it's still happening, it was. the morning load gets it all choked up thinking about easier times. the team that chases task stuff is working on getting that sorted out. in the app side we're trying to figure out how to make it fair wo losing anything.

keep banging on it so we can fix all the things

yes it's still happening, it was. the morning load gets it all choked up thinking about easier times. the team that chases task stuff is working on getting that sorted out. in the app side we're trying to figure out how to make it fair wo losing anything.

keep banging on it so we can fix all the things

yeah it doesn’t really like the high strain of store open and early morning with everyone pulling batches at the beginning of their shift. It seems to be consistent with those times. The fact that the task team is surprised by that traffic worries me.

But yeah if there can be a way for it to fail gracefully and allow a team member to resume that certainly would be welcome.

Im grocery we pulled by aisle and there were several items that will way more than what was needed. Ex: the coffee endcap, it us full and pulled for 75% of that endcap.
Has anyone else experienced this?

So, if MyWork is going away and apparently some of my store's devices have already had it removed, how do I properly research an item in MyDay. I.e. where do I go to find when it was pulled, audited, delivered and last sold? And, before completely killing MyWork can we be please be sure that clicking a DPCI in ePick will automatically take us to the right page for that stuff in MyDay?

So, if MyWork is going away and apparently some of my store's devices have already had it removed, how do I properly research an item in MyDay. I.e. where do I go to find when it was pulled, audited, delivered and last sold? And, before completely killing MyWork can we be please be sure that clicking a DPCI in ePick will automatically take us to the right page for that stuff in MyDay?

If you have the same ver. as ours that info is under item history drop down.

If you have the same ver. as ours that info is under item history drop down.
the little TM icon in the top right takes you to settings. .23 is new today for most, the rest on Monday ... but it won't change the task stuff in h the mornings, it just helps moving things about ... more to come

@mobileFellow Viewing the adjacency map with myday sometimes doesn't work with certain zebras/version. It will not download but instead take you to a site that stalls at a blank page.

Back