MEGATHREAD myDay app

On my wish list is with audit app/ suspect task. I'd love to see the locations and select a starting point or finish in an area much like you can with OPUs. Essentials is a pain to do in my store. The amount of wasted time with all this excessive walking makes me crazy!

Price Change still a nightmare.
Why can’t I print a ticket in price change for a missed markdown item ? Must exit PC, Home Screen MyDay and then scan item. Then back to Price change, the-link printer......
When working a clearance endcap I need to scan EACH item twice, once in regular mode for anything reg price/missed and then again in pc for current workload!
All changes to norm should be able to be worked in PC at the same time !

did anyone ever figure out why most zebra apps myday included disable the advance sticker button on the zebra printers? would be great if that could be fixed :(
This has a 'fix' but it won't be anywhere for a few months as it relates to printer settings/configuration
Yes ever since this new update PDF's love to never work on the MyDevice, I have to do special tricks to get them to open.
Investigation is in progress for this.

Why can’t I print a ticket in price change for a missed markdown item ? Must exit PC, Home Screen MyDay and then scan item. Then back to Price change, the-link printer......
When working a clearance endcap I need to scan EACH item twice, once in regular mode for anything reg price/missed and then again in pc for current workload!
I print missed markdowns in PC all the time. Scan, price comes up, I hit print, ticket prints.

I'm in Style, is it different for other departments?

It would be super handy if there were some kind of indicator if an item had been recently returned. Maybe in the item history or something? I keep running into issues with guests (particularly Shipt shoppers) who are looking for an item we supposedly have one of, but it's not on the floor and hasn't been received at all recently or even sold recently so I assume it's an error in the counts, only to have it show up later in the night in reshop.

If there was some way to know for sure if an item had been returned recently, then I would know to check the service desk, but it never occurs to me to do that (and the service desk is far away most of the time when these situations come up).

Last edited:
My problem with the PDFs is that there's no way to delete them when you're done, since it downloads them instead of just viewing them.

@SamSepiol noticed myday also isn’t able to reboot printers into the correct mode. Had one set to PDF instead of ZPL* and myday just kept erroring out.

also if you could let appropriate people know to please add “display” as an option when reporting register issues in the help section, that would be great.

Something that should be added to myDay is to better error messages and how to fix them. Like the other day, I legit didn't know that PDF mode existed on printers. Plus when an error message comes up the some of the actual code comes up. Instead, why not pop up a box saying the problem with two buttons "Fix" and "Ok". The fix would throw you into a little video or a little document showing you how to fix it. While it may seem easy to a lot of us there are much older TM's who don't know how to fix these problems. I'm an Engineering major and I legit couldn't figure it out on the new printers.

While myDay is pretty it needs to be helpful.

Something that should be added to myDay is to better error messages and how to fix them. Like the other day, I legit didn't know that PDF mode existed on printers. Plus when an error message comes up the some of the actual code comes up. Instead, why not pop up a box saying the problem with two buttons "Fix" and "Ok". The fix would throw you into a little video or a little document showing you how to fix it. While it may seem easy to a lot of us there are much older TM's who don't know how to fix these problems. I'm an Engineering major and I legit couldn't figure it out on the new printers.

While myDay is pretty it needs to be helpful.
Go workbench on a zebra & search for zebra printers. They will you how to fix the printer settings.

Go workbench on a zebra & search for zebra printers. They will you how to fix the printer settings.
I fixed one yesterday. I'm pretty tech-savvy i just had to dig through the menus. With that said not everyone knows how to go onto the workbench and find the help that they need. In our stores, we don't have any expensive apple products out we have little tags. With that said we needed to print out the tags again because new apple products came out. I told the person who was running plano that it was on the workbench and the face she gave me was like she was starstruck.

My point is not everyone fully understands how to use the Zebras and its accessories and even the workbench for the matter and when there is a simple problem like a printer just needs to get set to ZPL it would legit take maybe 30 minutes to write up a little guide on how to fix it. An hour with pictures.

If they really want myDay to be better as a whole. It needs to be more than pretty.

This is good work experience for you. After you get an engineering degree, you'll get used to people ignoring any good ideas you might have.

When in price change hit the pause square(for lack of a better word) then hit the blue print option and go to the clearance option and hit how many tickets you need. No need to leave price change. When done just hit the arrow on the top left to get back to the price change screen

Back