MEGATHREAD myDay app

On the Search tab of the zebra is a search function at the top (looks like a magnifying glass). Type in what the guest is looking for and options will pop up. Narrow down which department it will likely be in and if you find the exact item it will tell you the location in the store, if any.

I know you are new, but it amazes me how many veteran TMs don't know how to do this and just call out on the walkie.
thank you, thats very helpful!!

At my store they've started telling us, when a guest is looking for an item that is out of stock, that we should let them know when we're expecting to get it in by going into MySupport and getting the information there. That's about a 20-30 second process to open it, go through the weird chat system, and scan the item, so it would be great if we had a button to quickly get that information from scanning an item in MyDay.

At my store they've started telling us, when a guest is looking for an item that is out of stock, that we should let them know when we're expecting to get it in by going into MySupport and getting the information there. That's about a 20-30 second process to open it, go through the weird chat system, and scan the item, so it would be great if we had a button to quickly get that information from scanning an item in MyDay.
Is what mysupport tells you different than what the ETA myDay already tells you is?

MySupport gives more information, such as how much the DC has and when they are expecting to get more, and it says if it's a global out of stock issue.
Ah okay. If this is the information your team wants to give the guest then I can see how it being a long process would be irritating. I try and shy away from giving guests too much insight into our systems because we’ve gotten burned by it being wrong which has upset a few.

Ah okay. If this is the information your team wants to give the guest then I can see how it being a long process would be irritating. I try and shy away from giving guests too much insight into our systems because we’ve gotten burned by it being wrong which has upset a few.
I agree here.. you should not be giving guests this information.. even the eta in myDay should not be given to guests as there are too many variables there and things that can happen to make it not possible to guarantee.
Just say sorry it’s not available and offer to help them order it by using the myCheckout to save the sale. But don’t tell a guest an eta which is not a guarantee to have them come back and be disappointed. Even if it does come that day it’s very possible it won’t be pushed by the time the guest is looking for it and would have to ask for help yet again.

I have even seen the etas in MyDay be for days in the past which is not very helpful

I agree here.. you should not be giving guests this information.. even the eta in myDay should not be given to guests as there are too many variables there and things that can happen to make it not possible to guarantee.
Just say sorry it’s not available and offer to help them order it by using the myCheckout to save the sale. But don’t tell a guest an eta which is not a guarantee to have them come back and be disappointed. Even if it does come that day it’s very possible it won’t be pushed by the time the guest is looking for it and would have to ask for help yet again.

I have even seen the etas in MyDay be for days in the past which is not very helpful
Well it's what I've been told by my leaders to do, so 🤷‍♂️

If it's just a thing my store is deciding to do, I suppose it's not a change that would be made to the app.

Regarding Fulfillment alerts in myDay:

1. Alerts for new orders are totally unnecessary for high-volume stores. This was nice pre-COVID when you could have 1 or 2 TMs push truck and just pick OPUs as they came in, but nowadays we have a team of 3-8 picking OPUs constantly throughout the day, so those alerts are pointless. A more useful alert would be when the total number of eaches reaches certain thresholds (100, 200, 300, etc.).

2. Alerts for Goal Approaching need to have a different alert tone. Unless I'm actually looking down at my device, I tend to miss those since they sound exactly like the 100s of New Order alerts we get throughout the day. I also think those alerts should drop at the 15-minute mark, not the 10.

3. It would be ideal if we could get an alert similar to Goal Approaching, but specifically for batches that have not been scanned into yet and that are low on time. Say at the 35-minute mark?

Long story short......the purpose of alerts should be to minimize the need for leaders and captains to constantly be checking ePick. But, the way they are set up right now, they don't really serve much purpose.

1. Alerts for new orders are totally unnecessary for high-volume stores.
Alerts overall are almost completely useless in even a regular sized store because they all use the same sound! If I’m signed into the Fulfillment area and I’m getting an alert every couple of minutes because a new order drops in and then I have a Team Member approaching compliance I’m going to miss it 9 times out of 10 because it’s the same notification sound.

Myday used to have a separate sound for new orders which was more of a boop sound and the goal time approaching was the regular sound, but they changed it back to all the same sound for some reason

Probably not the right thread, but can we make printing aisle numbers on portable printers larger? It's SOOOOOOO tiny. Sometimes I need it for temporary sets like BTS.

Myday used to have a separate sound for new orders which was more of a boop sound and the goal time approaching was the regular sound, but they changed it back to all the same sound for some reason
I remember that. I liked it better then. That was when you could “claim” that new order alert, then it changed to what it is now as just a notification.

I know they're wanting to combine alot into myDay but what ISN'T going into myDay? I assume things like ePick but what else do we think?

Back