MEGATHREAD myDay app

the myDay in epick isn't really myDay. All they did is they made a lite version of myDay into the pick app. With that said they just added it so they're still hammering out the kinks so it should be better soon. Something I realize is that the target devs really only use emulators to develop and don't have a solid input of people actually on the sales floor.
Thanks for the development details. I do hope this is just a performance speed bump. Can’t one of the app testers hop over to a store and try it as a Beta Trial? Guess that only works if their location is in a city with a Target store.

We can’t really have it this slow at Holiday season….

I have noticed an issue with changing floor counts as a way to also increase the floor capacity. It doesn't work 2/3rds of the time. I noticed this when I went to set an endcap that the previous DBO of my area had tied, not set and zeroed out all the floor counts. When I set it and changed the floor counts as a quick way to set the capacities, I ended up creating out of stocks for 1/3rd of the product. Not a huge deal to quickly pull and rebackstock that stuff. It's annoying however.

supposed to roll out next month
hmmmm I hope they at least do it how mywork worked. In the sense of having different instances of different mini programs. Like if you goto backroom mgmt it opens doesn't take you to another page like myday does it takes to a whole new instance of the app. I say this just so myDay doesn't become even slower when launching for people on the salesfloor.

absolutely this would be amazing
Thinking about it now an even easier way to implement this is to just have checkmarks on certain modules.

Example.

O Price Change
O One For One
X Drive up on their way
X Expirations.

While we're at it add this to the item search too! There is no reason that electronics or GM TMs need to set things to expire. If fulfillment is going to start to use myDay too they don't need to have the defect button (when it arrives in 37 years) If myDay wants to be an all in one solution which it has the capabilities to do it should adapt to what the user uses often rather than just "Here is every button"

Has anyone been having latency issues with the new hyperlink from epick to myday when clicking on the dcpi in epick? Used to be real fast linking to mywork, but is unbearably slow at times now. My workaround is to just type the dpci into my work to see product delivery and last sold dates when picking a cart. Not a good long term solution.
I haven’t seen a big issue, pretty ok speed in my opinion. I haven’t used myWork unless I have to since myDay roll out.

Not sure if any of the app devs are still reading this regularly, but would it be possible to make it so that QR/data matrix codes don't get scanned in MyDay? As far as I know there's no need for us to scan those codes, and lots of products put them next to the UPC, which means you end up scanning the wrong one a lot of the time.

Not sure if any of the app devs are still reading this regularly, but would it be possible to make it so that QR/data matrix codes don't get scanned in MyDay? As far as I know there's no need for us to scan those codes, and lots of products put them next to the UPC, which means you end up scanning the wrong one a lot of the time.
(Not a myday dev) I don't think that that's actually possible. each qr code is something different. This one time I accidentally scanned it and it came up as apples but it was a 50 dollar headset. The zebra hardware says "I can scan this!" and scans it. I do not think this is possible.

(Not a myday dev) I don't think that that's actually possible. each qr code is something different. This one time I accidentally scanned it and it came up as apples but it was a 50 dollar headset. The zebra hardware says "I can scan this!" and scans it. I do not think this is possible.
Yeah, I agree that it's likely that the scanning function is something built-in to the device that they can't modify, but I might as well suggest it in the off-chance that they can.

Anyone else notice that if there is a PCP that has multiple locations you can't see what price it sold for? It makes it difficult to figure out what happened when you try and clear the PCP. There isn't a way to scroll down farther on the screen and the menu at the bottom blocks the price information. Is there a way to fix this? I know it isn't a major thing but it is still annoying.

Playing around with BRLM on myDay and noticed you can only do 1-99 on hold locations. Can we extend this back to 1-999? All of our hold locations in my store are 3 digits. Once it gets decommissioned in myWork, making new locations if need be will be impossible.

Playing around with BRLM on myDay and noticed you can only do 1-99 on hold locations. Can we extend this back to 1-999? All of our hold locations in my store are 3 digits. Once it gets decommissioned in myWork, making new locations if need be will be impossible.
They cut my hours I havent been to work in about a week. They added BRLM in myDay?

There is no reason that electronics or GM TMs need to set things to expire.
I have all kinds of products in my area (OTC) with expiration dates. When I'm going through the day's "check dates" task, I sometimes use the "expiring soon" button, or whatever it is, so product doesn't sit on the shelf too long.

I can’t tell you how many times I don’t shut my screen off before putting it in the holster and when I pull it back out it’s on the short date calendar. 🙄

Will finally be put to rest after all these years.

No!!!!!!!!! MyWork is still useful when you're pulling and backstocking. See a random item and want to know what it is/where's it go on the floor/is it properly located in the back/whatever? Flip to MyDay. It's so much easier than hitting the back button 5 million times, clicking scan, looking up the item, and oh hey look you need to start your pull all over.

No!!!!!!!!! MyWork is still useful when you're pulling and backstocking. See a random item and want to know what it is/where's it go on the floor/is it properly located in the back/whatever? Flip to MyDay. It's so much easier than hitting the back button 5 million times, clicking scan, looking up the item, and oh hey look you need to start your pull all over.
I still use MyWork for regular item scanning. It's much easier to read, and defecting is easy as well.

What we need back is the pause button in Fill. It is a godsend when in Price Change because you don't have to do all that flipping back to get to Scan. Hit pause and you are there immediately. This would be beyond amazing to have in Fill for the exact reasons you mentioned.

Back