MEGATHREAD myDay app

Maybe someone already asked about this? The recent change where we can't audit a product that's currently part of a fulfillment order is a royal pain. Happened again today. Have to write down the DPCI so I remember to go back later - except when I tried to audit it later today, hours later and surely the order was closed by then, I got the same message that the task was removed because the item is part of an online order.
What a bother.
It's really annoying, but its supposed to block the DPCI from any further orders and put it into the suspect audit list... but if the auditer just types on the current on hands, nothing gets fixed. If they actually do it properly, it shouldn't cause any issues. My team has stopped manually auditing most DPCIs and just leaving it to the suspect list, except for some drastic items, and our INFs haven't taken a hit

Something that i think would be really nice is preferences. As of writing this we only have the department we’re working in. I can’t speak for all stores but at my store electronics zones and does gobacks for baby hardliners and pets. It would be really nice if i could get service hub notifications for those sections but not have it affect my homepage (like 141, price change, audits). Something else that would be helpful is having a default page. I know for people up in Guest Service (at my store) don’t ever use any of the buttons on the home screen. the only thing they really ever use defecting. So rather than throwing them in the home screen throw them into the scan page but have that a configurable setting.

Now this is more of a wishlist. Like we went over every store is different. for example electronics doesn’t do plano at my store. Rather than waiting for the set panel to delay my load in have a page in settings on what i can show or remove. In my case i don’t need set. At my store only LODs handle Price Audits so i can remove that off my screen too.

This might not be myday related, but why can't we include display labels when printing price accuracy/peg labels? I have to do a Print all labels for that POG.

This might not be myday related, but why can't we include display labels when printing price accuracy/peg labels? I have to do a Print all labels for that POG.

It probably has to do with display labels being considered a shelf item and not a pegged/fixture item. Definitely something that would have to change on the pog building end of things though, not MyDay.

I keep having two issues:

1. Sometimes, myDay will decide I can only scan Once. After I scan once - searching, doing Price Change, whatever - the light will still come on when I press the button but no scans will register. Sometimes backing out and going back in works (I had to keep backing out of Price Change) and sometimes it doesn't, even after restarting the device.

2. I cannot backstock things, sometimes. MyDay has decided I am not allowed. Sometimes yes, but apparently right now no. The green banner will pop up and say "Item backstocked" but even after scanning to refresh, it's not backstocked. I tried backstocking 1 unit of something we already have 16 units of backstocked, and when it brings me back to the item screen and the green banner pops up, it says "17 in the back" for half a second before the number changes back to 16. I took a video of it, twice even, just to prove it's not user error. I suspect this has been happening for a while because I am finding things occasionally from weeks ago that I KNOW I backstocked, but they're not located. What have I done to anger you, myDay?

edit: I just checked again and now it says we have 21 backstocked. So it's just a huge delay this time. I cannot retrace my steps 5-10 minutes later every time I backstock something to make sure it really backstocked, this is untenable.

edit: I just checked again and now it says we have 21 backstocked. So it's just a huge delay this time. I cannot retrace my steps 5-10 minutes later every time I backstock something to make sure it really backstocked, this is untenable
literally EXACT same situation yesterday. was so irritated. i just audited the whole waco lmao.

edit: I just checked again and now it says we have 21 backstocked. So it's just a huge delay this time. I cannot retrace my steps 5-10 minutes later every time I backstock something to make sure it really backstocked, this is untenable.
I've been having a delay of a couple minutes on it showing the backroom locations after I backstock an item. It usually doesn't bother me because I trust it gets there eventually but no reason I can see why it's that delayed when it hasn't been that delayed in the past.

I've been having a delay of a couple minutes on it showing the backroom locations after I backstock an item. It usually doesn't bother me because I trust it gets there eventually but no reason I can see why it's that delayed when it hasn't been that delayed in the past.
It's really dependant on the day. In basic terms, it's the same as sending an email. Sometimes it's instant, sometimes delayed. It depends on the traffic to and from the server. Usually see the delays midday, when there is a lot of updates/transactions/querying happening but late at night it's quick to update.

I heard from a network engineer that came to do server room upgrades our routers are super old and it was concerning. We have lots of Network issues too. Apparently there is a project underway to update a lot of stores including mine in the near future he is scheduled for.

I heard from a network engineer that came to do server room upgrades our routers are super old and it was concerning. We have lots of Network issues too. Apparently there is a project underway to update a lot of stores including mine in the near future he is scheduled for.
I think my store was a test store for this. Nothing had internet because they were upgrading stuff.

I wonder if they'll ever fix the pulls so that seasonal and miniseasonal actually pull under "Area" instead of having to select the POGs or aisles to get the right product pulled. This wasn't a problem when we had the HCDY and SEA1/2/3 fillgroups. :( We have lots of TMs pull the couple items in the real Seasonal/ODL fillgroup and they think they pulled everything.

I wonder if they'll ever fix the pulls so that seasonal and miniseasonal actually pull under "Area" instead of having to select the POGs or aisles to get the right product pulled. This wasn't a problem when we had the HCDY and SEA1/2/3 fillgroups. :( We have lots of TMs pull the couple items in the real Seasonal/ODL fillgroup and they think they pulled everything.
I mean. It was still a problem for the seasonal heavy fill groups like Home and Stat that frequently had stuff in mini too (looking at you summer set!!). Just less noticable

The myDay team always takes away things that makes our job easier.. they need people that have worked in a store working on the app.

So for the longest time when you were backstocking you could scan an item then a location with quantity and if you need to put more of that same item in another open-stock location just scan another Waco without having to rescan the item again. Now they took that away so you have to scan the item again between each and every backroom location. Can someone help me understand why this change was made?

The myDay team always takes away things that makes our job easier.. they need people that have worked in a store working on the app.

So for the longest time when you were backstocking you could scan an item then a location with quantity and if you need to put more of that same item in another open-stock location just scan another Waco without having to rescan the item again. Now they took that away so you have to scan the item again between each and every backroom location. Can someone help me understand why this change was made?
You scan an item backstock it. Next, you think you're picking up the same item because it looks similar but it's different. So instead of scanning the barcode on the item, you're just scanning away on backroom locations, thinking it's the same. Sure, you probably don't make that mistake, and you're probably thinking "who's dumb enough to do that?" it doesn't matter because the system clearly can't account for our mistakes, so this was a much-needed change to prevent errors. I work in P-Fresh, and EGGO-S and frozen meals look similar because of different flavors and whatnot, so we had this huge problem I was describing. Someone else on here was complaining about it too last year and was calling for it to be changed.

I really don't understand why they don't have part of the dev team go into a store and spend the day with TMs and TLs to see how the apps are used and get direct feedback on what can be improved. Send some devs out a couple times a month like that and the app could be massively improved with the feedback they'd get.

Yes, please !
it was so much more efficient when EVERY price came up when scanning price change !
If I want to capture every correct price I need to scan every item under PC and then AGAIN under regular scan or it’s possible to miss older changes.
A MISSED pc will NOT show/print under PC ! Only under reg scan can we print a ticket for a MISSED/previously activated PC ! Annoying waste of time !
AND you cannot salvage under regular so it is required to scan twice under the two apps.
About a month or so ago, the ability to print tickets under PC was added. After you activate a price, scan it again and it will allow you to print a ticket. It has saved me so much time since I don't have to go back and forth anymore.

they could spend thousands of dollars sending engineers out to stores around the country or they could just put up surveys so you can send in usability feedback.... hmm

they could spend thousands of dollars sending engineers out to stores around the country or they could just put up surveys so you can send in usability feedback.... hmm
I completely disagree with the premise of this.

There are little nuances that TMs won't waste their time reporting but engineers should be aware of. I also think they could benefit from visiting stores because ASANTS-- they may see things they didn't expect. Also, I know that they do read surveys, but as of now, they have no way to respond to them for clarification if needed.

Ultimately, until the people making the software have to use the software, there will always be quality of life issues.

They used to send out surveys after every big transition reset. I really miss those. I’d like to send them an answer to a survey right now and tell them how much I think the toy flex pogs are stupid after we just set toys. My toy aisles are so full right now I don’t have any room to flex in the brand-new pogs. But they must be tied in to be green on the metric so therefore I tie them and then spend forever changing all of the capacities to zero. Why didn’t they just clearance all the discontinue toys before the set so then we weren’t still sitting on them?

Back