MEGATHREAD myDay app

Why does the regular Target app (that anyone can download) not have the DCPI/UPC as a barcode or an option to make one to scan? It would make finding items for a guest much faster if we could scan the barcode of the item.
Useful if a guest wants you to look up multiple items and/or the Team Member is a slow typet in the Zebra
Christ. It’s DPCI

i don’t even remember where i suggested it here. irrc i even sent it to the target app suggestions to corp.
On may 29 2022.
Honestly we want such elegant solutions in the new POS but if they add new features to the Target app most of it wouldn't need it. Like add a search to the in-store section in the target app. Another is in the product details show the item barcode! That would be AMAAZZZINNNNGG.

Christ. It’s DPCI
i wonder why people confuse it.
On may 29 2022.
Honestly we want such elegant solutions in the new POS but if they add new features to the Target app most of it wouldn't need it. Like add a search to the in-store section in the target app. Another is in the product details show the item barcode! That would be AMAAZZZINNNNGG.

haha. i knew i did it. just don’t remember where or when LOLL

I really wish that while receiving something and you scan an item that has already been scanned you could back out of that item without fully backing out of the order. Or even being able to add 0 when it asks how many more to add. You can scan the next item without needing to enter a quantity for the first which is nice.

We just need to switch to TCIN already.
Idk... Is TCIN even (what's a good way to put it...?) ... like coordinated?

Or is it assigned at random?

We all know 234- is Bullseye's Playground, 087- is toys, 081- is stationery/school & office supplies, etc. And we know if we need to go up a size from -2267 then -2268 is likely the next size up.

Is TCIN coordinated like this?

We all know 234- is Bullseye's Playground, 087- is toys, 081- is stationery/school & office supplies, etc. And we know if we need to go up a size from -2267 then -2268 is likely the next size up.

From a 2019 thread.

The current road map for TCIN taking over the DPCI format is for 2019 when PRISM is retired and IMN takes over as the primary go-to application for item management. PRISM currently only serves for the 3 Target.com DC's and really has no other special features compared to what IMN offers. This will allow us to better align all workcenters gloablly to use one universal application and streamline the inventory process.

TCIN stands for Target.com Item Network. The 8 digits originate from ASIN when we took over Amazon's process who was at the time overseeing our online retail process. Items were given an 8-digit number when entered into the system.

The goal is to create a unique barcode for each item. Retains all info on items lifecycle.

Last edited:

I just did a quick check on Target.com and it looks like the numbers do go in sequence for Style. For instance, a Knox Rose sweater in XS is 85802315, the small is 85802316, medium 85802317, etc.

I just did a quick check on Target.com and it looks like the numbers do go in sequence for Style. For instance, a Knox Rose sweater in XS is 85802315, the small is 85802316, medium 85802317, etc.
But then is it safe to assume all women's clothing starts with 858...?
Or is the next Knox Rose sweater to be released this spring going to be 90203477?

From a 2019 thread.

The current road map for TCIN taking over the DPCI format is for 2019 when PRISM is retired and IMN takes over as the primary go-to application for item management. PRISM currently only serves for the 3 Target.com DC's and really has no other special features compared to what IMN offers. This will allow us to better align all workcenters gloablly to use one universal application and streamline the inventory process.

TCIN stands for Target.com Item Network. The 8 digits originate from ASIN when we took over Amazon's process who was at the time overseeing our online retail process. Items were given an 8-digit number when entered into the system.

The goal is to create a unique barcode for each item. Retains all info on items lifecycle.
Oh cool we just have to wait until 2019.

TCIN is sequential, starting at presumably 1, and are currently in the 88,000,000's. It seems like internally vendors can reserve spans of TCIN's, which is why sizes are mostly sequential. (Which doesn't even matter anymore since we have variation selectors.)

TCIN is sequential, starting at presumably 1, and are currently in the 88,000,000's. It seems like internally vendors can reserve spans of TCIN's, which is why sizes are mostly sequential. (Which doesn't even matter anymore since we have variation selectors.)
When it works. There should be an option to request/add a variation of that item like adding a location to an item on the sales floor.

Variation selections should be for
  • Size for clothing
  • Amount it contains
  • Flavors
  • Screen size
  • Colors
  • Storage capacity
  • Physical capacity
  • Cellular or not (if we sell any of those devices in store)
  • System it works with (example NBA2K)
  • Wattage (mainly for chargers)
  • Length
  • White or colored (for the smart light bulbs we sell or Christmas lights as an example)
  • Scents
  • Wired vs wireless
Any other items that have a variation that make sense
Examples
  • PS5 digital vs Disc
  • Xbox One X vs Xbox One S
  • Switch vs Switch Light vs Oled
  • Travel edition be regular edition
  • Record VS CD
  • paperback vs hardback

Back