Archived New Paygrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be so weird for STLs and ETLs to be literally handing out extra money to people for no reason at all and having everyone get pissed at you.

I got called into the office 2 years ago. I thought that I was in trouble. I was told I got a 50 cent raise. I literally laughed. I said, "Anything else?" I can't imagine yelling at the STL. We're always 50 cents over minimum. Never going to change for certain workcenters. There are at least 4 cashiers who have been there over 15 years. I made more than they did after I moved to Starbucks. Sad.

They still haven't said anything ay my store. I'm pretty sure that the cashiers are all getting 50 cents again.

The other day, a giddy cashier told me that the whole store is getting raises of 50-75 cents. I didn't have the heart to tell her that was probably not true and we would be stuck right where we are now...especially since I wasn't called in to have a little chat with HR on Monday when all this was supposedly going down and I make just a hair over the magical $11.

VMTL should never have had LOD shifts as they were never eligible for SR.TL
They were told not to do LOD shifts or be given keys because they needed to be 100% doing VM. this was also the case for CTL back in the early Pfresh days they were forbidden to be seniors or have keys, but stores let it happen regardless. Some stores can get away with giving the VMTL a key. most of the VMTL's in my district were laterally moved over to senior team leaders on the salesfloor before the switch so stores can make more use of them.

Picked up my pay stub today no increase. I asked the STL when the increase will take place. She said that she just got the paper work today and they'd be working on it. I asked if the pay increase would be retro-active to the actual day of the increase....she said that there will not be any retro-active pay.

With my luck the pay increase will have to wait for two more weeks. They'll probably say that they can't make a pay change mid-pay period.
So, the new folks who have already started are probably getting the $11.00 now.

Picked up my pay stub today no increase. I asked the STL when the increase will take place. She said that she just got the paper work today and they'd be working on it. I asked if the pay increase would be retro-active to the actual day of the increase....she said that there will not be any retro-active pay.

With my luck the pay increase will have to wait for two more weeks. They'll probably say that they can't make a pay change mid-pay period.
I believe that the new code changes are supposed to kick in for 10/8 and 10/15. Pay should be effective the dates i mentioned so if you just got paid and didn't see the raise then they didn't key it in ( Hr was supposed to manually key the team) if they key it in late then they still need to make it effective 10/8 so you should get retroactive pay.

Everyone knew it wouldn't go into effect until either 10/8 or 10/15, depending on your pay period. This means you won't see it on your paycheck until those 2 weeks have ended and then you get your paycheck in the middle of that following week, so late October or early November would be when you actually receive that check with the higher pay.

As for new people, their pay would depend on when they were hired. If they were hired between 10/1 and their pay period starts 10/8, then they were hired at the old rate and got that old rate for 1 week, and then they'll get the new rate starting 10/8. New team members don't get more money than veterans, it's just likely that they'll get the same as most vets.

I looked over the pay information that is specifically for my store and noticed that the job differential amount was not $0.50 like at the store of @HRZone. It was surprisingly a different amount! :eek:

So I guess this means ASANTS for the job differential.

I looked over the pay information that is specifically for my store and noticed that the job differential amount was not $0.50 like at the store of @HRZone. It was surprisingly a different amount! :eek:

So I guess this means ASANTS for the job differential.
Care to say how much? Or at least if it's more or less than 50 cents?

@HRZone

Still nothing has been said in my store about pay grades (35 in my case), as I'm in Beauty. I've had a couple of chats with ETL-HR in the office unrelated to it, but still she hasn't mentioned a thing. So I really don't know what's going on, I haven't heard from anybody who's been asked to go to the office for it, guess I'm going to see what my check looks like next Friday.

@HRZone

Still nothing has been said in my store about pay grades (35 in my case), as I'm in Beauty. I've had a couple of chats with ETL-HR in the office unrelated to it, but still she hasn't mentioned a thing. So I really don't know what's going on, I haven't heard from anybody who's been asked to go to the office for it, guess I'm going to see what my check looks like next Friday.

Looks like we are on the same pay cycle (B). Your check next week will have the increase since your raise was effective 11/8.

More than 50 cents.

Yes I looked up a differential for a store for a poster on here and there differential was a whole dollar. The stores in my area are 14 and 15 an hour though so sounds like it depends on your location. There are stores in my district at 15 and the lowest is 12.

Yes I looked up a differential for a store for a poster on here and there differential was a whole dollar. The stores in my area are 14 and 15 an hour though so sounds like it depends on your location. There are stores in my district at 15 and the lowest is 12.

That makes sense: the higher your store's starting wage, the smaller the job differential is probably going to be.

@HRZone - Our store moved someone to a position with the job differential today so I needed to manually calculate their new pay. Looked up info on HR Zone and found it interesting that internal TMs get their job differential added to their existing pay as opposed to new TMs who will only get PG base + JD. It seems that amongst the unfairness in this new pay system, there is actually a tiny bit of fairness.

My store differential is only ¢. 50. A volume store, i believes other stores are in effect $1

For stores where the job differential is more than $.50: is PG35 pay higher, the same, or lower than PG30+differential?

It must be so weird for STLs and ETLs to be literally handing out extra money to people for no reason at all and having everyone get pissed at you.
I would have rather not be pulled in that office like it was such a big deal to get 3 cents raise , and to act like it was wonderful ..when I see some TM who are beyond useless getting the same pay than I do , it simply irks me !
Our store is lacking on accountability, if someone doesn’t finish something , well it’s added to my plate !
Like I said , I will still do my best , and go beyond my core role , because it is part of my work ethic .
But don’t feed me that BS , that Target cares about their long time TM ! It’s all about PR !

For stores where the job differential is more than $.50: is PG35 pay higher, the same, or lower than PG30+differential?

If JD is more than 50 cents, PG 35 will be lower since there is only a $0.50 difference between PG 30 and PG 35.

this may be a stupid question but what's the point of special paygrade numbers and JD?

like why can't it be BASE, and then BASE + Some, BASE + More, Base + A Lot, etc (where Base, Some, More, and A Lot are $ amounts that vary on location).

Like what do 30, 35, 40 etc even represent?

this may be a stupid question but what's the point of special paygrade numbers and JD?

like why can't it be BASE, and then BASE + Some, BASE + More, Base + A Lot, etc (where Base, Some, More, and A Lot are $ amounts that vary on location).

Like what do 30, 35, 40 etc even represent?

The max raises is why they have different paygrades. The max for a 30 is significantly lower than that of say a 40 or 45.

It does encourage people to want to promote knowing that they may be maxed out at their current rate.

The max raises is why they have different paygrades. The max for a 30 is significantly lower than that of say a 40 or 45.

It does encourage people to want to promote knowing that they may be maxed out at their current rate.
oh okay that does make sense. but what do the 30,40 etc mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back