Archived new shift hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

pellinore

Life sucks and nothing good can come of it.
I'm hearing from the truck team that TMs are going to have to work 8am-4pm on truck days....and if they (TMs) aren't able to change their availability they're going to lose their jobs?

It is the STL saying that they'll lose their jobs.

Seems kind of fishy to me.....I suggested TMs call the integrity hotline.

That sounds wrong. Sounds like a scare tactic. You can’t, or shouldn’t be, fired because of your availability.

Lol high volume stores like mine would not survive doing even a 4am process, much less 8am. We have a 4am pfresh process and even then we are struggling.

Recipes for driving customers (guests) away from your business.
1)Have a 8 am Process.
2)have freight in the aisles where they can hurt themselves
3) Don’t have product in stock

P.S. number 3 is my favorite.:rolleyes:
Or have it in stock but it hasn’t been worked to the floor yet even though it’s 3pm.

Sounds like my store, start the truck at 4:30am, flow still pushing until their forced to leave, still more push left, vehicles on the floor until probably 1pm, backstock slowly still coming back even up until 8pm.

Solid system. It worked a lot better in the past but they want to change stuff that isn't broke

1)Have a 8 am Process.

It doesn't matter if you are a overnight, 4, 6 or 8 flow team when no one does research the shelves will still be empty. I'd say e2e is going well..

1)Have a 8 am Process.

Man....#3. I tried to argue this point across but it doesn't matter. They want more TMs on the floor...tbh target doesn't know what its doing..they are trying new things and maybe it will be your store to get it right! I'm trying to keep a positive head here lol

Or have it in stock but it hasn’t been worked to the floor yet even though it’s 3pm.
That's my favorite. Their Target app shows we have some... my zebra shows we have a bunch too... but f*ck if I have any idea where.

And I swear the guest can read the sense of defeat and shame straight off my face, no matter how well I put on my retail mask.

1)Have a 8 am Process.

I love reading the posts on the Target FB page and seeing the posts by guests about the carts in the aisles. Of course, the response by Target is to let the guest know we will contact the store about the issue. Um, it is corporate making the stores do push while the store is open.

Shit s0n I wish they required full shifts on truck days at my store. I usually have no problem getting full shifts at the beginning/middle of the month, but getting a 2400 and being kicked out at 9:30-10am like this week really harshes my mellow

1)Have a 8 am Process.

I'd add to 2 "or just can't access an aisle"
We got so many complaints when we were an 8 am process. And if my store loses the early morning hours entirely, I'm stuck without hours except maybe weekends. Bummer.

I'd add to 2 "or just can't access an aisle"
We got so many complaints when we were an 8 am process. And if my store loses the early morning hours entirely, I'm stuck without hours except maybe weekends. Bummer.
Hearing stories like this really gets my gears. Granted yes it’s your company “corporate”. But these “changes” hurts peoples livelihood. :mad: I’m talking about workers and guests!!

My stores flow team keeps getting brought in later while sfs is brought in earlier. Currently sfs is 4am.

They better have more equipment since most of its is gone when I roll in at 6am.
I love reading the posts on the Target FB page and seeing the posts by guests about the carts in the aisles. Of course, the response by Target is to let the guest know we will contact the store about the issue. Um, it is corporate making the stores do push while the store is open.

I tell them they need to tell corp to work the damn trucks when the store is closed. Straight up we are doing as Target wants complain that there idea is stupid.

They better have more equipment since most of its is gone when I roll in at 6am.

I tell them they need to tell corp to work the damn trucks when the store is closed. Straight up we are doing as Target wants complain that there idea is stupid.
I would love to respond to the Target person who says that they will contact the store. I would love to say that it is a corporate directive that all those vehicles are on the floor.

Yeah, were rolling out multiple new changes ad trying out new things. Most of the leadership are negative about changes, that's tough. For me. I like to embrace them, its work. Lol
Not everything new is good. I feel for all the stores that are changing their trucks hours. They will never be able to come clean and current with such hours. Especially because target new thing is “ obsessed with the guest” shit.

Lol high volume stores like mine would not survive doing even a 4am process, much less 8am. We have a 4am pfresh process and even then we are struggling.
My flow is overnight and will stay like that. And we moved our pfresh from am to pm too. No later than 7 pm for pfresh.

Like always we are told of the new unload process last minute. My store is a guinea pig so next week is the trial and error run. So bye bye pallets, cages and hello to flats, tubs and U-boat's. And ofc new process, different hours. I'm at 6-11am. So this is going to be interesting.

My store does 63 million a year and got forced to 4 am at the end of April. It is a disaster. We haven't finished a truck since. The floor is empty the backroom jammed. The zone is utter shit and sales tankmg. We now spend more payroll on flow than before. Maybe corporate will learn to stop stepping over dollars to pick up pennies, and switch back to overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back