Archived No overnight Flow for Fourth Quarter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a bomb dropped on us today, I heard all stores flow teams that aren't overnight "right now" are not going overnight for Fourth Quarter...

I am not sure if it is just my district or not, but these seems like it is going to be an epic disaster, not only that but we are opening at 7 am now.

We are 6am process and back up to 4. We were told not this year. Flow friend at another store told same thing. My Etl says it comes down to operating costs having store open up earlier. Personally I'm thrilled to not get up in the middle of the night but guests will not be happy with shit everywhere.

I'll have to check in with my old TL and see if they are doing 4 AM this year. Typically a 6 AM flow start

My store has always been overnight flow. Does anyone know if this will effect those stores?

My store has always been overnight flow. Does anyone know if this will effect those stores?

No this does not affect our stores. Not to sound sarcastic but if your store has enough volume that you have to work overnight just to get it stocked during the first three quarters, then fourth quarter you will see your daytime people come in early or stay late to help overnight finish.

My store is a 4am store for most of the year (overnight for BTC), but this year i guess we are staying 4am through the fourth quarter (aka, I think there may be a mass exodus on my flow team).​

Former coworker of mine who's store is 4am usually moves to 2 am for Q4. I talked to him earlier he says his store is staying not st 4am Etl log said HQ says it cost to much money to bring them in earlier. What a bunch of crap

although I am most happy about not having to be at work any earlier than we normally are, the 4 am process during 4th quarter is going to provide hours upon hours of hilarity.

Not to mention overtime :p

We've been on the cusp of losing our overnight process for a couple years and finally went to 4AM in the spring, but we went back to overnight for BTC/BTS and have stayed overnight ever since.

4AM here, we went to 2AM for BTS, so there's no reason we shouldn't be able to go back to 2AM ot overnight

4am at my store normally, last year we went to 2am for 4th quarter. This year our Flow TL said we will be going to midnight and then 10pm when it got closer to black Friday and Christmas.

I read either on workbench or redwire that stores are supposed to send a request to the Group SVP to be allowed to have an earlier unload time for Q4. Maybe a lot of them are just getting denied for some reason?

Our old ETL-LOG would just arbitrarily adjust the unload time as needed. He definitely didn't ask anyone at the group or district level for permission.

We're a 6am store but 9TMs (2 throwers, scanner, 5 TMs on push, 1TM for backstock) comes in 530am to unload. From what I heard we're going to 4am.

All stores had to have an earlier time approved and then you had to send a request through workbench just to verify. We're a 6am store approved for 4am but we are also getting SFS Nov 8th.

How much more could it cost to open the store for flow a few hours early.

My store is overnight, the air conditioning and heating turn off and the lights stay super low.

We usually start at 4 and roll back to 2 during Q4. No word yet if we're doing anything different this year.

yo! flow team at my store cant get off a 2200 piece truck before 730 coming in at 6! lol if they dont let them come in at 4am guest will be furious! lol and when we get a 2500 piece truck they barely get through paper and market. domestics rolls over into the next day. 3k? heh ... with no 4am our store would be doomed! granted its a flow team with 12 people ... and a rotating door for TMs ... but even SO!

My store is overnight, the air conditioning and heating turn off and the lights stay super low.

We are an overnight store as well, the air stays on and while the lights are low on the floor they are not down in TMSC, the back room and the break room. While the televisions in electronics are off, many computers and other electronics are running, like the vacuums and floor scrubbers used by the cleaning crew. Cost add up my store has to have a Sr TL and two to three key holders overnight when our ETL Log isnt there.

Yes its Target being cheap but running an overnight store is much more expensive than a 4am process.

We are an overnight store as well, the air stays on and while the lights are low on the floor they are not down in TMSC, the back room and the break room. While the televisions in electronics are off, many computers and other electronics are running, like the vacuums and floor scrubbers used by the cleaning crew. Cost add up my store has to have a Sr TL and two to three key holders overnight when our ETL Log isnt there.

Yes its Target being cheap but running an overnight store is much more expensive than a 4am process.

Well I ment going to 4am, for the day flow stores. Plus all of the lights off stage in my store are motion sensor. I don't know why we don't get heat and AC overnight and you do, I'm very jelly right now. The cleaners have to vacuum no mater what time they come in. It just seems we'd have happier guests

Do the lights above the line even turn on?

At my store, everything is off until 6am. If we come in earlier, the TL calls FMOC and they turn on the lights and hvac system.

I assume that's part of the reason they want everyone to pick an unload time and stick with it...they can just adjust the timers and leave it for the season.

I'm at a 4am store. We usually get pushed back to 2am unload, but I read the email from Group Ops which says we aren't changing. Some of my group's stores that are at 6am go to 4, but most aren't changing unload time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back