Archived Nop merch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pettjm54

Sales floor TL
In my store, ticketing clearance merchandise is a huge opportunity. We got a new etl log and he runs reports daily and purges the stock room of all d coded and nop merchandise and forces us to merchandise this product on the sales floor. Mind you it is not clearance yet... Assuming it will be soon. Once it does go clearance our pricing TL can't find the product on the floor because it is spread all around the sales floor. Our etl log suggested to make an end cap of just nop and d code product. Idk how I feel about that since I have slps to build... Everyone TL says to keep the merch located in the back so it can be pulled during price change pulls to be ticketed. What do you all experience?

For a while my store did use endcaps for d code NOP product to keep it on the floor to try and sell it. It proved to be more trouble than it was worth. Had to keep printing labels, sales floor couldnt find it when doing go backs, etc. Best practice is to backstock said product to have it pulled during price changes, so we went to that method and its been working fine for us.

I regularly flex out NOP and D-coded merchandise, and find it much better than leaving it to go clearance out of the back. I keep a binder with the locations of flexed merchandise for plano and pricing. It works extremely well, and has reduced our A-markdowns score drastically! We're ULV though, so we always have empty spots to flex!

It is supposed to be the SF TL's responsibility to pull there D-Codes and get them out to the floor, as long as this is kept up on and done regular it shouldn't be a problem. To be honest as a BR-TL I always get on the sales floor guys to pull their D-code, I mean the whole idea is to sell the stuff at full market value and cut down on A-mark downs driving profitable sales. The key is good communication between, plano, pricing and instocks, aslong as you are PTM'ing the aisles correctly and making sure that all the D-code is out of the backroom long before the aisle transitions there should not be much left for pricing to even find.

We have a couple of designated D-code end caps in each section depending on salesplanners, and just make sure your constantly shooting standalone PTM's for the aisles as the merch sells down

I regularly flex out NOP and D-coded merchandise, and find it much better than leaving it to go clearance out of the back. I keep a binder with the locations of flexed merchandise for plano and pricing. It works extremely well, and has reduced our A-markdowns score drastically! We're ULV though, so we always have empty spots to flex!

I like that idea, I might start using that ;)

So 2 for flexing 1 for backstocking

In Electronics, we check our Backroom Detail Report on a daily basis, and pull d-code merch if there is any. Now lately MOST of it is PS3 bundles, in which we can't obviously have all over the SalesFloor. As far as where it goes, we put D-Coded games on a back endcap, and everything else we flex in home locations.

There is a sales floor tie app now were you can tie items into endcaps. i would use this. the hardlines tl's at my store love it. to say your in the middle of a reset and you have an aisle that sold down a lot and is mostly clearance. when this happens as my store in hardlines or for me in shoes i move everything to clearance endcaps and flex decode and nop product there and shoot an email to the price change tl.

the key to it is communication if the price change tl knows where to look for the decode items there wont be any issues. just shoot them a email let them know were your flexing it in.

every monday i check to see what decode i have in the back and during the week i work it out. for shoes i flex on endcaps and step downs always the same 4 spots so pc knows where to look, the clothing we just hang them and reset the tables. infants is a little tricky i'm slowly taking the aisles over but i learned to utilze the back endcaps for clearance spewing from bodega pretty fast this week.

In my store, ticketing clearance merchandise is a huge opportunity. We got a new etl log and he runs reports daily and purges the stock room of all d coded and nop merchandise and forces us to merchandise this product on the sales floor. Mind you it is not clearance yet... Assuming it will be soon. Once it does go clearance our pricing TL can't find the product on the floor because it is spread all around the sales floor. Our etl log suggested to make an end cap of just nop and d code product. Idk how I feel about that since I have slps to build... Everyone TL says to keep the merch located in the back so it can be pulled during price change pulls to be ticketed. What do you all experience?

When flexing out NOP or D-code you can use the function on the PDA that lets you tie an item to a certain location on the floor. I have yet to see this function in action, so not sure how well it works. Sounds good though on paper, but that does not always mean that it good in the real world.

When flexing out NOP or D-code you can use the function on the PDA that lets you tie an item to a certain location on the floor. I have yet to see this function in action, so not sure how well it works. Sounds good though on paper, but that does not always mean that it good in the real world.

I was not aware there was such a program? where is it located in the PDA?

I was not aware there was such a program? where is it located in the PDA?

I know our store doesn't have this feature yet. On Workbench there was a message board about the next software update that would drop sometime Feb. 28-March 7ish. I for one can't wait for this feature to be added since we've been asking for an option like this for sometime. Check under All applications somewhere towards the bottom of the list.

I work in electronics too and we have a binder of all nop flex merchandise with locations by aisle and quantity flexed so that we and price change know which aisle and how many in said aisle to look for, we update this list weekly and we have severely cut down on our clearance and backroom d-code items, games are pretty much all we have left for nop product and we are pulling those as SF space opens up. We have driven our sales greatly by doing this and helped our attachment rate too :)

Our Backroom TL prints out the Dcode/NOP report once a month a brings it to the TL meeting. She passes them out to the Teamleads and they are responsible for getting it to the floor.

Our Backroom TL prints out the Dcode/NOP report once a month a brings it to the TL meeting. She passes them out to the Teamleads and they are responsible for getting it to the floor.

WOW. I wish I could get that to fly at my store. I am Backroom and Instock TL, and the general consensus is that as BRTL I need to worry about purging the D-Code and NOP, and as Instocks TL it's my job to execute it too. SFTLs rarely flex their own areas. Every Tuesday I get a list of the PTM areas and hit the ground running.

WOW. I wish I could get that to fly at my store. I am Backroom and Instock TL, and the general consensus is that as BRTL I need to worry about purging the D-Code and NOP, and as Instocks TL it's my job to execute it too. SFTLs rarely flex their own areas. Every Tuesday I get a list of the PTM areas and hit the ground running.

In all reality it depends where the STL chooses to allocate the hours... I have seen stores do things so differently with this process and its just funny that there isn't a universal enforceable best practice to get it all done! Corporate needs to put the hours into a very specific workcenter (call it Merchandising or something) and forecast hours that they feel is reasonable to get the PTM workloads done! In all reality, I have no idea how much time corporate thinks is efficient to be able to keep Dcode out of the backroom and to maintain the PTM areas? They could forecast it in a similar manner in how they forecast Plano or Pricing... Presentation can use tools to see what resets are coming up and how many hours it will take to complete them, so corporate should make tools to let us see what POGs are going MPG and the expected time to remerchandise them... And Pricing is forecasted based off of the amount of tickets/labels they have to find and put up... Why can't they forecast hours based off of the amount of Dcode in the back (even a rough estimation)?

Right now, the hours are just in the air between Instocks (which I feel most stores just put all the hours into scanning, and very few into PTM) or Salesfloor, who will spend them on anything else before PTM!

I feel your pain brother.

In all reality it depends where the STL chooses to allocate the hours... I have seen stores do things so differently with this process and its just funny that there isn't a universal enforceable best practice to get it all done! Corporate needs to put the hours into a very specific workcenter (call it Merchandising or something) and forecast hours that they feel is reasonable to get the PTM workloads done! In all reality, I have no idea how much time corporate thinks is efficient to be able to keep Dcode out of the backroom and to maintain the PTM areas? They could forecast it in a similar manner in how they forecast Plano or Pricing... Presentation can use tools to see what resets are coming up and how many hours it will take to complete them, so corporate should make tools to let us see what POGs are going MPG and the expected time to remerchandise them... And Pricing is forecasted based off of the amount of tickets/labels they have to find and put up... Why can't they forecast hours based off of the amount of Dcode in the back (even a rough estimation)?

Well technically now there is a bestpractice's in place for all of these.
Between
Maintain strong instocks
PTM best practice

It just about covers everyone's role in the whole process, and next TL meeting i'm gonna cause a lil upset at my store..Hey my ETL told me to do it. lol

Well technically now there is a bestpractice's in place for all of these.
Between
Maintain strong instocks
PTM best practice

It just about covers everyone's role in the whole process, and next TL meeting i'm gonna cause a lil upset at my store..Hey my ETL told me to do it. lol

I know that Best Practice for who owns what is in place, but if you were to say "I think SFTLs should own their PTM areas" you open up the possibility of the STL taking hours from Instocks and putting them on the salesfloor since they are taking a workload that you are currently over... That is why I say the STL can basically choose how they want to approach the process... My main point is I don't like that there is no BP on how much time needs to be spent PTMing... Some stores might think they want to spend 20 hours a week others could spend 100... Corporate needs to forecast what they want their stores to be doing in regards to spending hours on this IMO

I know that Best Practice for who owns what is in place, but if you were to say "I think SFTLs should own their PTM areas" you open up the possibility of the STL taking hours from Instocks and putting them on the salesfloor since they are taking a workload that you are currently over... That is why I say the STL can basically choose how they want to approach the process... My main point is I don't like that there is no BP on how much time needs to be spent PTMing... Some stores might think they want to spend 20 hours a week others could spend 100... Corporate needs to forecast what they want their stores to be doing in regards to spending hours on this IMO

Yeah I hear what your saying. I think that is why according to the updated instocks best practice on like page 2 I think it is, it has how the instocks schedule is supposed to look like according to where you fall on the store org chart. Basically it says that instocks should be scheduled 7am - 11.30am everyday, it gives around 64 hours a week for instocks. Currently we have double that and my team is scheduled 7am to 3.45

It also says instocks is supposed to do the initial ties on Mondays, and honestly that's it. The rest of the PTM process is supposed to be shared between SF, pricing and flow.

This!!!

My IS team has always utilized the BR detail report to pull NOP for broken sidecaps and endcaps once there is no more product in the backroom. Now it looks like we're supposed to let it go clearance. I can't wait to see our shortage numbers.

It is supposed to be the SF TL's responsibility to pull there D-Codes and get them out to the floor, as long as this is kept up on and done regular it shouldn't be a problem. To be honest as a BR-TL I always get on the sales floor guys to pull their D-code, I mean the whole idea is to sell the stuff at full market value and cut down on A-mark downs driving profitable sales. The key is good communication between, plano, pricing and instocks, aslong as you are PTM'ing the aisles correctly and making sure that all the D-code is out of the backroom long before the aisle transitions there should not be much left for pricing to even find.

We have a couple of designated D-code end caps in each section depending on salesplanners, and just make sure your constantly shooting standalone PTM's for the aisles as the merch sells down

'Our BR team wouldn't know a D-code item from a donut. Getting out d-code has been a strictly IS team job. If anything looks empty our salesfloor fills it with plastic. We're all about the quick-fix. The fuller it looks, the better it is. (said with tongue in cheek) It's better to look good than to be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back