Archived OVERTIME

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO IT RECENTLY CAME TO MY ATTENTION THAT IM WORKING 42 HOURS THIS WEEK AM I GONNA GET IN TROUBLE FOR WORKING OVERTIME IT REALLY ISNT MY FAULT ANYWAY BECAUSE I WAS ASKED TO COME IN AND STAY LONGER SHOULD I BE CONCERNED AM I GONNA GET FIRED?

You’ll most likely have to cut hours at some point before Saturday. Or you could hit overtime and get lucky to have the STL on your side like I did the one time I did in my three years at Spot. No, but not for two hours. You definitely might wanna talk to a leader about that.

Make sure this is after you take lunches into account.

Verify schedule with your ETL or TL. You may be asked to shave 15-30 minutes off of each of your shifts.

Lol thank you all i was asked to leave early to they weren’t mad or anything about it they were nice about it

YOU SHOULD CHECK WITH YOUR TL OR ETL TO SEE WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO DO ABOUT IT. THE WAY TO NOT GET IN TROUBLE IS TO COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY AND MAKE IT SOMEONE ELSE'S PROBLEM.
My strategy for almost everything lol. Before I do stuff out of policy I tell a GSTL so if anyone comes for me “oh my GSTL approved it talk to them”

If you’re scheduled over 40 and you’re willing to show up for it then you shouldn’t catch blow back for it, but you should say something about it.

Recently a BRTM ended up being scheduled for 45 some how, when the LOG and HR realized it they called him in to TSC the BRTM said “it’s your responsibility to schedule and my responsibility to show up”. I lol’d and the ETLs did the hardest facepalm I’ve ever seen but they couldn’t punish the guy

If you’re scheduled over 40 and you’re willing to show up for it then you shouldn’t catch blow back for it, but you should say something about it.

Recently a BRTM ended up being scheduled for 45 some how, when the LOG and HR realized it they called him in to TSC the BRTM said “it’s your responsibility to schedule and my responsibility to show up”. I lol’d and the ETLs did the hardest facepalm I’ve ever seen but they couldn’t punish the guy

No they won't punish him for that but he's certainly not doing himself any favors. Not a good idea to piss off the person that handles your schedule. A TM with a bad attitude comes to me asking for more hours? Sorry, I'm all out of payroll. Go ask your coworkers if you can pickup some of their shifts. A TM with a good attitude with the same issue? I'm still out of hours but they're going to be the first person I call when someone comes to me looking to get their shift covered.

No they won't punish him for that but he's certainly not doing himself any favors. Not a good idea to piss off the person that handles your schedule. A TM with a bad attitude comes to me asking for more hours? Sorry, I'm all out of payroll. Go ask your coworkers if you can pickup some of their shifts. A TM with a good attitude with the same issue? I'm still out of hours but they're going to be the first person I call when someone comes to me looking to get their shift covered.

I didn’t add the back story where he’s one of our key players and only leadership was around so he can get away with a smart ass reply, but anyone with common sense wouldn’t be blunt like that with out knowing there might be some reprocussions. The basis of the question was “I’m scheduled for OT, will I get in trouble” and the answer is no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back