Archived PDA'S

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the message I received, you can have as many as you want for $500 each. I'm guessing the original allocation had a lower or non existent charge back? For example, if a card reader breaks, they replace it. If you lose a card reader, the store has to buy another one.

No, I don't know how one loses a card reader, but we lost two in one of my stores. STL wasn't happy about buying more.

Is my store the only one that the MyDevices drop WiFi connection constantly and won't scan? Literally every 30 min or so they will drop all wireless connection and require you to turn it off, and half the time that still won't fix the problem.
IT is aware that there are connectivity issues and they are working on it. Please report it frequently to the helpless desk so they are aware it's still broken.

At one time, seven of our wi fi access points were *broken* and they "reloaded" the software for the access points. It helped with connectivity at the Service Desk for the iPad and the Registry Kiosk, but we still have crappy connectivity in the back room and non existent connectivity in the TPC.

According to the message I received, you can have as many as you want for $500 each. I'm guessing the original allocation had a lower or non existent charge back? For example, if a card reader breaks, they replace it. If you lose a card reader, the store has to buy another one.

No, I don't know how one loses a card reader, but we lost two in one of my stores. STL wasn't happy about buying more.

Thank you for my laugh for the day!

Do you know if we can just order how many whenever or do we have to meet the allocated requirement? We have two empty charging bays we can put two more myDevices in to make 20 for us but we are only allocated 18.
I believe you can order what you want over allotment, but most stores are going to be unwilling to...

So they should put them all on charge for an hour (or however long they take to charge) then pass them out as needed. And collect them again an hour before openers come in.
That would still require the myDevices to actually you know work properly. The iPod they are based on is not the fault it is a combination of the less than stellar case and the near disaster that is the apps that are used.

Bwahahahahaha.

My STL just asked my ETL why most of the PDAs aren't working. When I said that only the 9200s could be used and the rest needed to be sent back, my etl just looked confused and said he would check on redwire and look into it tomorrow.

Seriously. My TL told me about this a week and a half ago.

If you started seeing the red screen that says this device is end of life, just reboot the PDA and you can continue using it. Not sending any back until we absolutely have to, mydevice just are not reliable

Bwahahahahaha.

My STL just asked my ETL why most of the PDAs aren't working. When I said that only the 9200s could be used and the rest needed to be sent back, my etl just looked confused and said he would check on redwire and look into it tomorrow.

Seriously. My TL told me about this a week and a half ago.
Don't you know they don't have time to focus on other things besides sales and REDcards?!

If you started seeing the red screen that says this device is end of life, just reboot the PDA and you can continue using it. Not sending any back until we absolutely have to, mydevice just are not reliable
How often do you have to do that?

The leaders at my store are in denial about sending any PDAs back, so this will come in handy when ours start getting that message.

How often do you have to do that?

The leaders at my store are in denial about sending any PDAs back, so this will come in handy when ours start getting that message.
We don't have that problem - we are so far ahead of the game. hahahahahahaha

It's funny how everyone; all of a sudden needs a pda to pull batches. Noone ever pulled shit when we had 25 of them. Get your ass out of the B/R, We got stuff to do. Damn my device is way dumb,and holding everyone back.

Honestly, the myDevices are only getting better. Once the whole scanner not working and connectivity issues are resolved, they will be awesome. The apps work very well when the device itself is working. I don't understand the huge pushback against the myDevices. They aren't going anywhere anytime soon, so everyone that is not backroom, receiving, or a team member whose essential job functions require a PDA need to start getting used to them. I've only used a PDA to pull fulfillments and batches in the past month. Several days have gone by where I haven't even needed a PDA. Or missed the PDA. We've had them for almost eight months now and there are still people in my store that haven't even touched one and will only use a PDA. You can't ignore the future forever.

Then again, I tend to be an early adopter of new tech, but still...

Honestly, the myDevices are only getting better. Once the whole scanner not working and connectivity issues are resolved, they will be awesome. The apps work very well when the device itself is working. I don't understand the huge pushback against the myDevices. They aren't going anywhere anytime soon, so everyone that is not backroom, receiving, or a team member whose essential job functions require a PDA need to start getting used to them. I've only used a PDA to pull fulfillments and batches in the past month. Several days have gone by where I haven't even needed a PDA. Or missed the PDA. We've had them for almost eight months now and there are still people in my store that haven't even touched one and will only use a PDA. You can't ignore the future forever.

We have a few people like that. Now we are constantly asking for PDAs. I'm hoping with a update to the PDA pricing is removed. Pricing hogs 2 PDAs that can be used in the back because they refuse to use the iPods. Cry me a river.... Sorry just in a mood today...

Welp, was nice for a few months of having enough devices to cover everyone that could possibly need one. Now I guess it's backing to fighting to make sure you get yours so you don't have to spend 5 mins on a walkie trying to track one down so you can do your job. I wouldn't mind if we'd get even more mydevices in return.

Welp, was nice for a few months of having enough devices to cover everyone that could possibly need one. Now I guess it's backing to fighting to make sure you get yours so you don't have to spend 5 mins on a walkie trying to track one down so you can do your job. I wouldn't mind if we'd get even more mydevices in return.

*walkie chat*
"Team can I get a PDA for (literally anyone who needs to do work today) they need it to do their job"

The myDevices do not work. They should have not been released to the masses in the nonfunctional state they are in. Their uptime is no where near where it needs to be. We currently have X number of them. At this moment less than half of them are working properly. of that half less than a quarter make it through the day with out needing a reboot and if that happens it is a crap shoot and many prayers and sacrifices to the flying spaghetti monster to get them to work right.

The PDA's on the other are at least in a better place wrt to functionality. while the PDA's and LPDA's report all of their numbers to whatever magic clearing house that tracks such things the myDevices do not. Try explaining why your instock numbers are Zero. well you told us to use myDevices, which we have said on multiple occasions do not talk to the system properly.

so how long are we going have to wait until the myDevices are in a place that is acceptable? Oh and a very large portion of our PDA's are claiming they are dead and we have to ship them back!?!??! and the LPDA's are not going to get replaced when they start to fail to hardware issues.

The myDevices do not work. They should have not been released to the masses in the nonfunctional state they are in. Their uptime is no where near where it needs to be. We currently have X number of them. At this moment less than half of them are working properly. of that half less than a quarter make it through the day with out needing a reboot and if that happens it is a crap shoot and many prayers and sacrifices to the flying spaghetti monster to get them to work right.

The PDA's on the other are at least in a better place wrt to functionality. while the PDA's and LPDA's report all of their numbers to whatever magic clearing house that tracks such things the myDevices do not. Try explaining why your instock numbers are Zero. well you told us to use myDevices, which we have said on multiple occasions do not talk to the system properly.

so how long are we going have to wait until the myDevices are in a place that is acceptable? Oh and a very large portion of our PDA's are claiming they are dead and we have to ship them back!?!??! and the LPDA's are not going to get replaced when they start to fail to hardware issues.
Have you done all the updates?

Updates are a crucial part to the functionality & operation of the iPods. Your selected Digital Advisor(s) or ETL-GE (if you have one) should be on top of the updates. If they fail at that, then that's why your iPods suck. My store has zero problems with all 18 of our iPods besides the consensus problems of the scanning & dropping the network because I am responsible for the updates. I know that if i fail at that, then there are devices that are now out of use which is not good for business. I would like where there can be automatic updates early in the morning hours not because I don't like my DA role, but because for 30 min. to an hour we can't use the devices because I'm updating them.

Last edited:
I was resistant to the MyDevices at first too - but now I think for the most part they are great.

If you've been following the Megathread "New Target MyDevices" you'd know that the initial problems have mostly all been corrected, and corporate has been VERY responsive to TM complaints and concerns. At least two corporate employees who actually work on programming the MyDevices post regularly on that Megathread - so if you've got a problem you can talk to someone who really knows what they're talking about and has the power to actually make changes.

And those "repack people" would find out if they used a MyDevice that it is much better for pushing than a PDA. No more "D-Down" in NOP to see second locations - all locations are shown at once.

If you read the Megathread you would also find lots of tips on how to make them really usable - like how to make the batteries last through a full shift. There are still some problems with them, but every new update so far has made improvements, and I'm optimistic they'll continue to improve.

We have a few people like that. Now we are constantly asking for PDAs. I'm hoping with a update to the PDA pricing is removed. Pricing hogs 2 PDAs that can be used in the back because they refuse to use the iPods. Cry me a river.... Sorry just in a mood today...

I cant believe your ETL is still letting pricing use PDAS. Our pricing team has been using the ipods since january. They need to use them and get used to them because thats all they will have in the future ... lol

I cant believe your ETL is still letting pricing use PDAS. Our pricing team has been using the ipods since january. They need to use them and get used to them because thats all they will have in the future ... lol
Oh he knows they are. And let's them. I'm done fighting with them and I've told them that pricing is not going to be in RF much longer. They still won't listen. So when it's gone in RF and they are forced to use the iPods, I don't want them coming to me asking for help when they don't understand when something doesn't work right.

Oh he knows they are. And let's them. I'm done fighting with them and I've told them that pricing is not going to be in RF much longer. They still won't listen. So when it's gone in RF and they are forced to use the iPods, I don't want them coming to me asking for help when they don't understand when something doesn't work right.
My pog team is not happy about the pda changes, either.

That's an issue with your store, not the myDevices. There are several fixes to the problems you mention. My store was the same until I decided to take the initiative to take care of the issues. Everyone else whined; I learned how to troubleshoot so now all ours are working properly.

You can be a part of the problem or you can be the solution.

Yea, they will get better but TM's cry everyday about them. also every store is different, for instance, our br has to pull FA. The my device isn't ready for the big stage yet. once again target had failed to see the big picture (or just flat out care)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back