Archived Perfect Folds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any tips on how to do a quick fold with precision? Esp in kids. I'm open to any tips to pass onto my TM's! P.s. anything other than using a folding table. lol

It just kinda gets better as time goes by. Kids and infant/toddlers are the easiest to fold without a table in my opinion.

I do it like this girl... but a lot faster http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADOqeXq8yAo
But, for kids and babies, after I fold the sides in, I only fold it up once, except for the bigger boys/girls clothes. In the beginning, I'd fold stuff on the floor, but the more you fold on your chest like that, the better/easier/faster you get.

Just remember that no matter what you do, it is impossible to fold the women's Mossimo Black V-necks into anything presentable. Sometimes I think those should be sold out of the electronics cage...

The messy dressy tees!? Those things are the worst. I can fold them okay now, but if I have a size that goes in the middle of the pile, I just put it on top. There's no way to lift the pile and insert one in without making it look like absolute crap

Folding for kids and baby :
Take a shirt / pants/ shorts that is already ( factory ) folded,put it face down ,put the unfolded one on top of it and fold it following the folds from the item underneath!
Every size stickers should lined perfectly!

Practice makes perfect. I still fold my shirts the "Target" way. I always looked for the fold lines too, and made sure the sticker lined up.

Women's dressy tees weren't fun, but the men's XXL graphic tees? I barely got those looking nice.

We were told to fold on the rolling board or with the ones on the tables, but a few of us were faster and more precise without them. Like I said...practice.

What's a rolling board? We don't have the folding things that come out of the tables anymore. They had em when my mom worked there but not anymore.

I can follow the fold lines and keep stickers lined up when folding on my chest, though, so it's not a big deal to me. I used to hate folding all the xxl stuff, men's and women's. The bigger the stuff is, the tougher it is for me because I don't have enough room on my chest to fold it lol. I'll do it on my chest, then put it on the floor and fine tune it.

What's a rolling board? We don't have the folding things that come out of the tables anymore. They had em when my mom worked there but not anymore.

I can follow the fold lines and keep stickers lined up when folding on my chest, though, so it's not a big deal to me. I used to hate folding all the xxl stuff, men's and women's. The bigger the stuff is tougher for me because I'm small and don't have enough room on my chest to fold it lol. I'll do it on my chest, then put it on the floor and fine tune it.

A few years back, my store got one of these: http://www.customerminded.com/news.php?news_item_key=1

It was nice for some things, but a pain to drag around. We had a couple ETLs who tried to force us to bring it for our night zone...but after awhile it just sat in the fitting room. I used to take it for the big men's shirts...now that helped for those XXL shirts! Does nothing for pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back