Archived Pilots

Status
Not open for further replies.
And oh yea, they played advertisements over the speakers too. Those were on an hourly rotation, and during busy periods happened every 5-10 minutes... You could tell time based on whatever announcement was playing.

Blue Light Specials! I haven't been inside a Kmart since I was a kid because the one near me closed several years ago.

Yes the little horrid children STILL wear heelies :mad:

Seriously? I thought those stopped being a thing at least a few years ago. Even the evil little tweenage bastards that come into my other work don't wear heelies.

Doncha know things that can annoy and scare adults never really go out of style.

I turn my walkie down when I'm helping guests. If I hear my name, I ignore and afterward I'll say that I was with a guest. I don't keep my walkie loud in general, though. If they weren't so handy, I'd say ditch them buuuuut, they are useful. Then again, at many points of the day there's so few people on the floor that it probably isn't horrible

At Macy's they played some radio station, I think. It was low enough that I wouldn't have been surprised if people didn't notice it.

I turn my walkie down when I'm helping guests. If I hear my name, I ignore and afterward I'll say that I was with a guest. I don't keep my walkie loud in general, though. If they weren't so handy, I'd say ditch them buuuuut, they are useful. Then again, at many points of the day there's so few people on the floor that it probably isn't horrible

One of my ETL's would constantly call me over the walkie and ask about RedCards while I was covering GSTL shifts. To the point that she would say, "Can someone go see if he has a walkie? I think he is ignoring me!" She would then try calling 236 or 238 to see if I was there.

Lady, I'm at the front dealing with guests.

Does anyone know what the PTM pilot is called? All I know so far is that in toys the PTM aisles have nothing on their bottom shelves. It looks really weird.

How does that work. Odd.

Oh and I hate the Beats Bose whatever it is. If I have to hear the bloody song that goes like this "GOOD JOB AYWYFQGDBSVAJDGAT A GOOD JOB YOU'RE THE AHDHWBSVDHD GOOD INTENTIONS *TRIBAL DRUM BEAT STARTS*" one more time

Edit: IT'S A JASON MRAZ SONG I HATE THAT *****
C'mon Jason Mraz is my jam.

When I worked at ShopRite, I heard Annie Lennox's No More I Love Yous, The Corr's Breathless, Gabrielle's Dreams, and Dionne Warwick's I Say a Little Prayer for You on a daily basis. Plus they had an announcement every hour about Heeleys not being permitted in store (I think they still have it... does anyone wear them anymore??)

Although the worst was in January and now July where this would play every 15 minutes...

That is BLOODY AWFUL!!

Does anyone know what the PTM pilot is called? All I know so far is that in toys the PTM aisles have nothing on their bottom shelves. It looks really weird.

How does that work. Odd.

Oh and I hate the Beats Bose whatever it is. If I have to hear the bloody song that goes like this "GOOD JOB AYWYFQGDBSVAJDGAT A GOOD JOB YOU'RE THE AHDHWBSVDHD GOOD INTENTIONS *TRIBAL DRUM BEAT STARTS*" one more time

Edit: IT'S A JASON MRAZ SONG I HATE THAT *****
C'mon Jason Mraz is my jam.

Plz dont ban :p

Lifescapes was moved to the cd's last section of pop. I was at a different spot & took a picture. Finally, we got our lifescapes out of the back room.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
We're starting to get a new font with the sticky tags now.
View attachment 538
um how ugly are label strip holders going to get? bad batchof super sticky grey dots had plano going bananas. even spitfire would barely get the muck off.

Yeah the font is different...I saw this one at a different store.
Do they leave a bunch of sticky stuff on the label strips when you peel them off?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    586.4 KB · Views: 44
Personally I would love the in-ear headsets if we could each get our own.. Sharing them with god-only-knows how many team members who may or may not have good hygeine. No thanks.
My ETL purchased a few (don't know where) for me for Black Friday. I love them and does look more professional, but the soft piece on the ear part came off so it doesn't stay in my ear anymore. Nothing is more annoying and distracting while talking to a guest and someone gets a RC and they go "WOOOOOOOO!" Over the walkie. I'm like Oh my gosh....

Lifescapes was moved to the cd's last section of pop. I was at a different spot & took a picture. Finally, we got our lifescapes out of the back room.
I was ecstatic on the revision and they read NOT ON PLANOGRAM. I slung those suckers in the back so they could be sent back with the scan we had Thursday. They took up soooo much room.

I was ecstatic on the revision and they read NOT ON PLANOGRAM. I slung those suckers in the back so they could be sent back with the scan we had Thursday. They took up soooo much room.
We did a scan those cd's did not go back.

They want to sell them down before sending them back. I didn't put them all in "Various" or the last section of Pop as directed. I put all the inspirational or religious in the Christian pog and some others in Compilaion/Soundtrack if it seemed appropriate. Hard to tell how fast they're selling though when they're spread out.

Usually Lifescapes come up on a MIR to destroy.

Personally I would love the in-ear headsets if we could each get our own.. Sharing them with god-only-knows how many team members who may or may not have good hygeine. No thanks.
My ETL purchased a few (don't know where) for me for Black Friday. I love them and does look more professional, but the soft piece on the ear part came off so it doesn't stay in my ear anymore. Nothing is more annoying and distracting while talking to a guest and someone gets a RC and they go "WOOOOOOOO!" Over the walkie. I'm like Oh my gosh....

I've literally have had guests I was talking to yell "JESUS CHRIST! what the hell!" very loudly because my Walkie spontaneously "erupts in otherworldly pleasure" at the "bestowing" of a Red Card.

I have been asked "How the hell do you listen to that all a the time?" as much as I have been asked "Do you sell Sour Cream?"

I've literally have had guests I was talking to yell "JESUS CHRIST! what the hell!" very loudly because my Walkie spontaneously "erupts in otherworldly pleasure" at the "bestowing" of a Red Card.

I have been asked "How the hell do you listen to that all a the time?" as much as I have been asked "Do you sell Sour Cream?"

I just turn my volume down when they start with that crap. It's extremely difficult to assist a guest or focus on my zone when a GSA or ETL is screaming about Red Cards.

I just turn my volume down when they start with that crap. It's extremely difficult to assist a guest or focus on my zone when a GSA or ETL is screaming about Red Cards.
The most ridiculous part is that they are congratulating the cashier. How many cashiers use a walkie? Just SHUT UP. I feel like we should be snapping the photos of the guests that signed up and posting them on a trophy wall.

I bought a pair of one spot earbuds and they came with extra cushion thingies. If your ears are finicky, they might not be the greatest.

At Macy's they played some radio station, I think. It was low enough that I wouldn't have been surprised if people didn't notice it.

I do this too, but everyone once in awhile a "CONGRATULATIONS TO SOANDSO!" sneaks in to not only scare myself half to death, but also any guests standing in close vicinity. I usually have my walkie full blast because I am a PA and sometimes it is hard to hear if I am being called for over the PFresh constant buzz, or if I am in a cooler.

I have a gstl who like gives a one man cheerleading routine for every redcard. I could have the volume all the way down and it wouldn't help to mute her. I hate the congratulatory whoops and hollers so much. It feels like a gloating thing because there's no way in hell the guests aren't hearing it. If I were a guest and heard that particular gstl, I wouldn't sign up for a redcard out of spite.

We have signs up in tsc that say we're starting the mydevice pilot soon. Anyone already have em? If so, any deets?

I have them , and questions just ask. But it's basicly a tool for mobility and communication. I could be at guest service and you could be in the back room and I can assign task to you. Write message boards it's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back