Archived Pilots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have them , and questions just ask. But it's basicly a tool for mobility and communication. I could be at guest service and you could be in the back room and I can assign task to you. Write message boards it's awesome.

Now leadership can zone and push and still tell me what to do without having to walk over to me!

Not being sarcastic, I actually do like that they can basically just text me what to do now when my store gets the things.

Haha well honestly a lot of people aren't coherent over the walkie. When you can involve a photo and not have me walk from point a to point b in a happy camper. Lol

I have a gstl who like gives a one man cheerleading routine for every redcard. I could have the volume all the way down and it wouldn't help to mute her. I hate the congratulatory whoops and hollers so much. It feels like a gloating thing because there's no way in hell the guests aren't hearing it. If I were a guest and heard that particular gstl, I wouldn't sign up for a redcard out of spite.
Omg DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO. Ours frikkin sings every frikkin time!!

I have a gstl who like gives a one man cheerleading routine for every redcard. I could have the volume all the way down and it wouldn't help to mute her. I hate the congratulatory whoops and hollers so much. It feels like a gloating thing because there's no way in hell the guests aren't hearing it. If I were a guest and heard that particular gstl, I wouldn't sign up for a redcard out of spite.
The thing is, the congratulations and hollers aren't really for the TMs. They're so the guests hear that we offer a RedCard with "5% off today and every day!" We have a number of TMs who tap the walkie button repeatedly after the initial, "LoD, so-and-so got our nth RedCard of the day!"

The best answer was given by my Lod, way to go (tm name) & saving the guest 5% at spot for getting a red card.

Do you get an Alert for if a call box goes off (On the new MyDevices)? If so I am living on channel 3, Channel 3 is for PAs only.

The thing is, the congratulations and hollers aren't really for the TMs. They're so the guests hear that we offer a RedCard with "5% off today and every day!" We have a number of TMs who tap the walkie button repeatedly after the initial, "LoD, so-and-so got our nth RedCard of the day!"

That would make sense if they ever mentioned any of that, but they don't and it just comes across as them gloating about tricking someone else into getting a card (that's how it sounds, I don't necessarily think every cashier is being a crazy manipulator). "Whoo so and so just got the third red card of the day. Whoooo whoo whooooo!"

I'm just saying it comes across that way to me.

I was just in a store in the Twin Cities metro area that had the In-Store Music pilot. Let's just say it was different than what I'm used to.

And they need to get better music or scrap it.

Also, is there a pilot regarding portable registers? I didn't see it on the main list. One of the stores in my town has three touch-screen registers on rolling carts. They have handheld scanner guns, credit card readers, and receipt printers without the check station. I've never seen them being used, but I walked by them one day and saw they were turned on and ready to use.

Also, is there a pilot regarding portable registers? I didn't see it on the main list. One of the stores in my town has three touch-screen registers on rolling carts. They have handheld scanner guns, credit card readers, and receipt printers without the check station. I've never seen them being used, but I walked by them one day and saw they were turned on and ready to use.

I know several of the high volume stores I've been in have the portable registers... They break them out when every lane is open and there are still lines. They work great, assuming we remember to plug them in :)

The Price Accuracy Pilot ends this Friday
... can I say, HELL YES.. I hope the idea gets crammed into a compactor and set ablaze.

Idk, I feel if for in store music, they would play satellite radio of the 90's, 2000's it would be fine. But when it's on a constant loop of the same songs and never gets changed... NO THANKS.. I feel like they would never do satellite though because after every song they would probably, no definitely, run a sales commercial for the red card..

Last edited:
... can I say, HELL YES.. I hope the idea gets crammed into a compactor and set ablaze.

Idk, I feel if for in store music, they would play satellite radio of the 90's, 2000's it would be fine. But when it's on a constant loop of the same songs and never gets changed... NO THANKS.. I feel like they would never do satellite though because after every song they would probably, no definitely, run a sales commercial for the red card..

It probably wouldn't be SiriusXM satellite radio (although, they do offer commercial radio systems and I do love the 90's/00's channel!), most places that play music use: Muzaic, PICS Retail Networks, or MTI Advertising.

At Kmart (we used MTI Advertising)... Music would play with pre-recorded advertisements playing every 3 to 15 minutes, depending on the season and sales. The music would be interrupted by the announcements, then go back to music.

The music was a mix of 70's easy listening to recent pop hits. But there was a LOT OF repeats because the older music has lower royalties on it, and thus cheaper to play. As I've said earlier, there were pre-set rotations, so while the music wouldn't play the exact time every day, you would get to the point you could "predict" what song was going to play next. The person who created the playlists was an idiot too... One minute it's "One of Us" by Joan Osborne, then "Sorry for party rocking" by LMFAO, then "Suspicious Minds" by Elvis.

It probably wouldn't be SiriusXM satellite radio (although, they do offer commercial radio systems and I do love the 90's/00's channel!), most places that play music use: Muzaic, PICS Retail Networks, or MTI Advertising.

At Kmart (we used MTI Advertising)... Music would play with pre-recorded advertisements playing every 3 to 15 minutes, depending on the season and sales. The music would be interrupted by the announcements, then go back to music.

The music was a mix of 70's easy listening to recent pop hits. But there was a LOT OF repeats because the older music has lower royalties on it, and thus cheaper to play. As I've said earlier, there were pre-set rotations, so while the music wouldn't play the exact time every day, you would get to the point you could "predict" what song was going to play next. The person who created the playlists was an idiot too... One minute it's "One of Us" by Joan Osborne, then "Sorry for party rocking" by LMFAO, then "Suspicious Minds" by Elvis.

Yeah I worked at a grocery store as a teen and could tell when to take my lunch by how many times I'd heard "I sure do like those Christmas cookies babe......" so annoying during the holiday season..
during the rest of the year I would sing along even with the constant loop.. but they played a lot of good music actually.

What worked/didn't work? What sucked about it??? We are a super low volume so I wouldn't be surprised if we had to do this.

What is this price accuracy pilot? I am also ULV and now I'm afraid.
The Price Accuracy Pilot just forces the pricing team to work between the hours of 11-730. Push all clearance from backroom, mark clearance from backroom on the floor visible to guests.. etc.

What worked/didn't work? What sucked about it??? We are a super low volume so I wouldn't be surprised if we had to do this.

The worst part was pretty much not being able to do my job.. I felt like I was more in people's way trying to do my process then I was helping out.. It's very difficult to pull apart racks of clearance being heavily shopped for BTS and organize everything without pissing off a guest because it's not shoppable. Or the 15 racks in RTW.. the one I was marking down had to be the one a woman wanted to look at.. seriously, wait 15 minutes.. I will have everything marked for you.. jeez

Moving boxes from a pallet, to a tub.. pushing it to the floor, breaking down all the boxes and marking it on the floor was just a pain in the butt. It was counter-productive.. and since my TL never works with us, I just DIDNT, and said we did. So if anyone asked her she could say we were doing it (she hated the idea too).

Also, since we were working so late in the afternoon, we didn't realize we weren't going to finish until like 430 when we were going to lunch.. at that time, everyone else had already left.. so we couldn't get team members from other workcenters to stay and help and I always had to stay late, cut other days.. and basically mentally exhaust myself because I was working a completely different shift from my TL so i never got to speak with her about anything..

Our ETLS singled us out constantly for fast service. Never once called instocks, flow, or pog.. only pricing and sales floor.

What DID work was I started pushing clearance. So i knew where I was putting everything. I could flex and do whatever I wanted to and the clearance endcaps stayed brand for most of the week. I didn't have to run around and ask 5 different people to find out they flexed Busch's baked beans down underneath vitamin water.. :eek:seriously..

And we were told we couldn't take break together. We still did though. We just made sure we didn't take it with a bunch of other team members..

And nobody on my team could work the whole shift so my hours got boosted because I have open availability lol. We didn't have to sit through pointless huddles either.

I made a thread. Down near the end i posted after a couple stressful days. Lol

http://www.thebreakroom.org/index.php?threads/price-accuracy-pilot-program.8287/

For the most part it was bearable.. but I hated it.

Any questions I'm free to answer. My DTL said she hated the idea too but couldn't change it at her level. Apparently orders came from higher up and it wasn't a district thing.. even though I've yet to hear of another store part of it..

Also, after just reading the other thread.. I realized the paper said until August 15th.. it's August 19th and we are still doing it.. i feel screwed over.. lol. I am asking my TL to change our time for the rest of the week :rolleyes:

Toys is getting something called "Toys NextGen" and theres something called "Health Room"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back