Archived Re-applying after 90 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 90 days are up in like 17 days. I was let go and told I could apply again when I was hired this year (so like a year later). This sucks because I really enjoyed my job, I loved the people I met, and I was really happy. I feel extremely mislead because during my interview I was told I would only be let go if I was late or called off a lot. I was never once late and never once called off. So this just sucks. I was told by someone I work with that on my last day, apply again and see if they end up hiring me because he was let go after 90 days and applied right after and was hired again. He's been there years now. Any one else do this?

I wouldn't say it you were misled, but I have no doubt you were a great TM, but unfortunately, if the store can't afford to keep you, they will have to get rid of you no matter how bad they feel. They shouldn't have told you you'd only be let go if you never showed up but should have warned you that you might be let go no matter what.

I never did this personally because I was brought on as a regular but re-applying ASAP is definitely the route to go.

It could be that they meant you would only be let go before the end of the normal seasonal term if you had attendance issues, but didn't spell that out and didn't realize that wouldn't be obvious to a new person. It's super easy, when you've been around a company for awhile, to forget that people don't have the same frame of reference or internal assumptions that you have.

My 90 days are up in like 17 days. I was let go and told I could apply again when I was hired this year (so like a year later). This sucks because I really enjoyed my job, I loved the people I met, and I was really happy. I feel extremely mislead because during my interview I was told I would only be let go if I was late or called off a lot. I was never once late and never once called off. So this just sucks. I was told by someone I work with that on my last day, apply again and see if they end up hiring me because he was let go after 90 days and applied right after and was hired again. He's been there years now. Any one else do this?

We need a little more information, were you seasonal?

And not saying your friends situation didn't work out but they wouldn't let you go if they wanted to keep you. Look for other jobs and reapply in 90 days if you haven't heard back.

We had a seasonal we let go, reapply the day after he was let go. He showed up at the store asking for a job three days after he got a rejection email. It came off as a little too desperate.

I know the natural reaction is to want your job back when you are let go but you should give it some time and let your store develop the need for help. Like I said if they let you go, they were not desperate for help.

If you are non seasonal and terminated in your 90, you are unrehireable for what's called an unsatisfactory 90 days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back