Archived Register Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was looking around in the registers, and I don't remember if it was under GSTL, or Control Pannel, but it does require Supervisor status, but anyway it gave an option do change the register mode to "Speed Ring" I left it alone but what does it do? Make the scanner stay lite?

Never seen this feature myself... Only alternate register mode I recall is Training Mode (and you need to have supervisor access to enable/disable it)

It's the same way to get to training mode but also gives speed ring as an option

Wait, does that mean I can enable it on the Electronics registers? I don't mean permanently, but if I work at Electronics again this black friday like I did last Black Friday It'd love to turn the register to speed ring mode for the duration of my shift. (Though you bet your ass I'd be logging out manually every time I stepped 5 feet away from it that day due to the far larger than average amount of cash in the register on BF.)

Funny story about training mode.

Yesterday I actually managed to demote myself in the system. I was trying to upgrade a backroom TM's number so he could backup cashier. I managed to do so after two tries. Then five minutes later I was doing something else and needed a GSTL function and none of them were available to me. I had to find the nearest leader and have them "promote" me again. Whoops!

Funny story about training mode.

Yesterday I actually managed to demote myself in the system. I was trying to upgrade a backroom TM's number so he could backup cashier. I managed to do so after two tries. Then five minutes later I was doing something else and needed a GSTL function and none of them were available to me. I had to find the nearest leader and have them "promote" me again. Whoops!
Watch your next check - I hope HR doesn't cut your pay for those five minutes. And since it was a "promotion" be sure to ask for a raise!

Wait, does that mean I can enable it on the Electronics registers? I don't mean permanently, but if I work at Electronics again this black friday like I did last Black Friday It'd love to turn the register to speed ring mode for the duration of my shift. (Though you bet your ass I'd be logging out manually every time I stepped 5 feet away from it that day due to the far larger than average amount of cash in the register on BF.)
This would seriously be so freaking handy. Last year the cashiers had speed IDs in electronics and it sounded like such a pain in the ass.

How would it be a bigger hassle to scan a paper slip between transactions than it would be to log in manually? Especially if it is not long after you have to change your pin.

I would ask your ETL/GSTL, but they most certainly can change it for black friday.

How would it be a bigger hassle to scan a paper slip between transactions than it would be to log in manually? Especially if it is not long after you have to change your pin.

He meant it'd be less hassle if he just stayed logged in.

Speed ID's though annoy me. I have never used one, and never will. I consider them a huge security issue because cashiers leave them lying about all the time, and the time saved would be minimal anyway since I type 70+ words per minute.

We have people who hop on back up from the sales floor, create a speed id, and then leave it at the register (which will undoubtedly not be the register they hop on next time).

As a cashier, I prefer to use speed IDs when I have long shifts (more than 4 hours). I personally find it easier to just scan the slip rather than type in my numbers/PIN every time I switch a lane, which happens surprisingly often. I never leave them lying about and always take the slip with me for breaks & lunches and discard it once shift is done.

If I were a GSA or someone else with supervisor status, I probably wouldn't use speed IDs.

A couple of TMs & GSTLs who were termed for fraud had been using speed slips discarded by other TMs.

As a cashier, I prefer to use speed IDs when I have long shifts (more than 4 hours). I personally find it easier to just scan the slip rather than type in my numbers/PIN every time I switch a lane, which happens surprisingly often. I never leave them lying about and always take the slip with me for breaks & lunches and discard it once shift is done.

I did the same thing when I was a cashier. I would also write my break times on it so I would remember when to go. I never use them when I back-up cash.

TIP: If you enter in the time that your shift ends, the speed ID can't be used after that time. So if someone garbage-picks your speed ID to try and frame you, they can't use it because it's expired.

If I were a GSA or someone else with supervisor status, I probably wouldn't use speed IDs.

I heard once that using a speed ID as a "Supervisor" still requires you to enter your PIN. Is this true?

I did the same thing when I was a cashier. I would also write my break times on it so I would remember when to go. I never use them when I back-up cash.

TIP: If you enter in the time that your shift ends, the speed ID can't be used after that time. So if someone garbage-picks your speed ID to try and frame you, they can't use it because it's expired.

I heard once that using a speed ID as a "Supervisor" still requires you to enter your PIN. Is this true?
It does if you're using the speed ID to close the lanes because they scheduled you to close the lanes when you don't have supervisor numbers. You can bypass this by hitting back and then scanning it again repeatedly.

Mine does not ask every time, but more often than not.

Yeah, it's about a 90/10 split in favor that I will need to still key in my PIN. I've tried playing around if there's a difference if I scan the top or bottom barcode, but either way I seem to have to punch in the PIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back