Archived Secret Camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I work in softlines and today a bunch of us girls realized there is a secret camera in the corner of the fitting room closet area. We didnt even know it was a camera until my co worker took a picture with her flash on and there was a glare from the lens. It doesnt even look like a camera at all. One of the girls asked the guy in AP and he just said its none of our business, that its temporary and they are "watching" someone.
We all feel this is super disrespectful because we are secretly being watched. Now we are all on edge and scared that they are watching a specific person and no one knows who it could possibly be..

So you found the covert because the girls were screwing around in the Fitting Room and taking pictures and that is how they found it? Sometimes I wonder if TMs have any shame anymore? "Hey AP, we were messing around and wasting payroll and found your covert by accident and now I am offended"

on top of cameras all around you, some stores (if there's high theft problems) even have undercovers sooooo yes you're always being watched....

I don't know if there's a camera in our closet, but frankly I'd be happy if there is one. What if I faint one day while pulling out hangers or something heavy falls on me and no one can see it from the floor?

I do know they don't film the inside of the fitting rooms. I had a bunch of clearance items missing tags and alerted AP. He said he'd have to review the tape and watch for a particularly colorful top going into the fitting room in question because there was nothing in the actual room to see the tags being switched.

Is fixing wedgies frowned upon? Serious question!

Well it's embarrassing...
hayden-panettiere-picking-wedgie-02.jpg

How about audio? I've always assumed Spot listens as well. *strolls away singing a market pantry lampoon*

I was told by our AP once, that Corporate can actually tap in and watch us live on the cameras, no clue if it is true or not, which is why I walk really fast.

It's called a covert camera. One your AP team apparently did a pretty bad job placing. And your AP guy shouldn't have said anything to you about watching someone. I assume your whole softlines team knows about it now.

If it makes you feel any better I have a camera in my AP office watching everything I do.
There might not have been anywhere good to place it that's out of view. There is a "hidden" camera in our SPU hold area, but it's laughable how obvious it is if you happen to look up. It's a small area and there probably wasn't anywhere good to place it, but that room understandably needed coverage.

I was told by our AP once, that Corporate can actually tap in and watch us live on the cameras, no clue if it is true or not, which is why I walk really fast.
It is true. Your DTL, and possibly STL can watch cameras remotely on their phone. Right now the DTL taps into the front lanes cameras to make sure there is someone in the "zone" between self check outs, and the Jewelry boat. And that they are actively interacting with guest. Also several pin hole cameras in Jewelry that are very very hard to notice until you see ap tinker with it to get the right angle

There might not have been anywhere good to place it that's out of view. There is a "hidden" camera in our SPU hold area, but it's laughable how obvious it is if you happen to look up. It's a small area and there probably wasn't anywhere good to place it, but that room understandably needed coverage.
I work the camera moves in my store. If you know what your doing you can make a covert camera almost impossible to see.

i know the APBP can tap in and watch on us... that's probably pretty obvious though

Good. I hope they do. They can watch me clear my hands every time I drop a $100. Every time I pop a drawer and see a stack of $100's on top, I hold them up, look right into the camera, slowly put them under the drawer and mouth the words, "People are stupid." They'll have a blast when it's my month if they're watching me. Frankly, I don't think that anyone outside is watchng anymore. Just sayin' I heard stuff.

I'm pretty sure Corporate watches too because they clued in our AP that several cashiers were stealing so...

APBPs can (should, according to their directives) only log in to watch existing internals or follow up on a lead on an AP TM. However, the group leadership and up will log in a do "virtual visits" to see how well TMs are engaging guests, check on big transitions, or check on issues that may be actively happening.

The IC will log in and look into anything that flags on a report, if any alarms get tripped over night, or if assistance is needed by AP.

I hate it when people log in, use my cameras, then leave them pointed the wrong way -.-

APBPs can (should, according to their directives) only log in to watch existing internals or follow up on a lead on an AP TM. However, the group leadership and up will log in a do "virtual visits" to see how well TMs are engaging guests, check on big transitions, or check on issues that may be actively happening.

The IC will log in and look into anything that flags on a report, if any alarms get tripped over night, or if assistance is needed by AP.

I hate it when people log in, use my cameras, then leave them pointed the wrong way -.-
That moment when your alone watching cameras and your PTZs start moving on their own....

No corner of our store is untouched.. and theyve got every right to survey anywhere permitted. Im always on APs side when it comes to investigating thievery and esp in softlines. And ESP in the hanging closet lol.

Ive gotten a glimpse of targets AP process, from what ive seen you likely will not get away with it more than once. And even then, its because they want you to do it again.

No corner of our store is untouched.. and theyve got every right to survey anywhere permitted. Im always on APs side when it comes to investigating thievery and esp in softlines. And ESP in the hanging closet lol.

Yeah, definitely the closet, if there were no cameras that would be the perfect spot for anything that's wrong. I could care less about cameras, but before my blood sugar stabilized in the long term I was testing my blood sugar in there to keep from grossing out anyone on the floor, because the closet was private and no one could see what I was doing. [AP probably had a fit the day the meter showed 57 and I just popped some glucose tablets and kept on working.]

And again, flip side, luckily no one was in there when our entire shelving unit fell. But if someone had been standing there I'm pretty sure they would have been bringing AP a fruit basket for having a camera in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back