MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

So am I the only one who has experienced a weird understanding of how much time has actually passed when signing?

I order things and because I'm running around everywhere I think that more time passes than actually does.

I ordered signs yesterday ago and I'm convinced that it's been a week since I ordered them

So am I the only one who has experienced a weird understanding of how much time has actually passed when signing?

I order things and because I'm running around everywhere I think that more time passes than actually does.

I ordered signs yesterday ago and I'm convinced that it's been a week since I ordered them
Yup. I'm sitting on three weeks of signing... 2/19, 2/26, and 3/5. It's hard to remember which week it actually is.

Fucking softlines and all their fucking racks in my fixture room ugh
Do they not have a storage area for that stuff? We have a long hallway that is only used to get to the generator and roof access, so we store softlines racks in there.

Fucking softlines and all their fucking racks in my fixture room ugh

I don't allow any in my fixture room. Every time I find one in there I put it back on the floor asap and throw some clothes on it.

If they are no longer needed at your store I would send them out on the next sweep truck. My softlines tl is a fan of keeping things "in case we need them again" but it never happens so I chuck it all anyway.

Do they not have a storage area for that stuff? We have a long hallway that is only used to get to the generator and roof access, so we store softlines racks in there.

Roof access is in the TL office area, and the generator is in the electrical room off the fire tunnel

Roof access is in the TL office area, and the generator is in the electrical room off the fire tunnel
I'm not saying you should shove them in the electrical room lol, it's just an example of a place other than the fixture room where we found room to hide them at my store.

Yeah nope. Today I was told they are changing the shelves in the fitting room from signing storage to reshop storage... because hotel lobby, no carts out front... they will be putting their shit in my area now. It's on. They took my fucking trailer , they squeeze in on my fixture room and steel space, they tell me my desk isn't brand because it's got a couple random fixtures and signs on it, and now they want my storage area....argh. If I come in and they've taken over my shelves for small signs I might just quit.

Yeah nope. Today I was told they are changing the shelves in the fitting room from signing storage to reshop storage... because hotel lobby, no carts out front... they will be putting their shit in my area now. It's on. They took my fucking trailer , they squeeze in on my fixture room and steel space, they tell me my desk isn't brand because it's got a couple random fixtures and signs on it, and now they want my storage area....argh. If I come in and they've taken over my shelves for small signs I might just quit.

They did the same thing to our fitting room awhile ago. But a lot of what came out of the fitting room was obsolete signing and fixtures so into the garbage those went. I managed to fit everything else into the fixture room. Now it's just a matter of getting the softlines people to keep it clean.

And just because the space is used for reshop in the fitting room does not mean there won't be carts out front. There will. But good luck to whomever thought that idea up! Lol

They did the same thing to our fitting room awhile ago. But a lot of what came out of the fitting room was obsolete signing and fixtures so into the garbage those went. I managed to fit everything else into the fixture room. Now it's just a matter of getting the softlines people to keep it clean.

And just because the space is used for reshop in the fitting room does not mean there won't be carts out front. There will. But good luck to whomever thought that idea up! Lol
They are very adamant about guest's carts only. None at guest service either. They are not getting space for signs in anywhere but a stack of boxes in my space. They want more they can toss the boxes for shoes we never use anymore.

They are very adamant about guest's carts only. None at guest service either. They are not getting space for signs in anywhere but a stack of boxes in my space. They want more they can toss the boxes for shoes we never use anymore.

Ugh my store's shoe lady threw a fit when I put the shoe boxes on a top shelf.

We store about 50 softlines racks out in our old garden center, but if I didnt have that space, I would take them apart and shrink wrap them on a pallet. All the racks I know of only have 2 screws holding them together.

Thank goodness for sl remodel this year. All those racks are OUT of here!

Ive been a happy camper these last 2 weeks. Signing adjacency hours were way off in my favor, so Ive able to super zone the fixture room, catch up on auditing, ordering and salesfloor repairs.:p
I spent a full day cleaning my signing space this week. Not done, but there's so much space now that all the old backer paper boxes are gone.

Back