MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Judging by the Christmas Backer Paper and top toys signs I do not think they are changing much this year, which means the FOS could be damn near the same (except maybe the Wording). But, prepare for it, because I didn't and that one FOS sign took up damn near 90 wires. If your confident enough (to wrap everything back up without losing anything) I would rip open the sign box and grab the directions, show your TL the directions (as soon as you can) so they know what you are in for.

(the picture last year looked like a perspective graphic, but ended up being like a 12x30 foot (In sheer volume, not in wide, or height, but Both! :D) Monster. It said 45 minutes, on the time it should take. And took me and our strongest Plano person 5 hours. On friday on that 48 hour challenge bullshit.

Got it done, 1 hour before open, only to realize we missed an important part they should have told you 40 pages back. We both vowed not to say a word, and nothing was said. :D

Was it this

wondershop2.jpg

Judging by the Christmas Backer Paper and top toys signs I do not think they are changing much this year, which means the FOS could be damn near the same (except maybe the Wording). But, prepare for it, because I didn't and that one FOS sign took up damn near 90 wires. If your confident enough (to wrap everything back up without losing anything) I would rip open the sign box and grab the directions, show your TL the directions (as soon as you can) so they know what you are in for.

(the picture last year looked like a perspective graphic, but ended up being like a 12x30 foot (In sheer volume, not in wide, or height, but Both! :D) Monster. It said 45 minutes, on the time it should take. And took me and our strongest Plano person 5 hours. On friday on that 48 hour challenge bullshit.

Got it done, 1 hour before open, only to realize we missed an important part they should have told you 40 pages back. We both vowed not to say a word, and nothing was said. :D

I accidently(?) broke the wave right before I was supposed to hang FOS last year so I got to delay hanging it a bit. Then I ran out of cables just like almost all of us did so I only hung about half that 30 feet. I told my tl so she could speak to it but no one said a word.

I am seriously not looking forward to Christmas set week if they are going to recycle the same fucking overheads from last year. Those were a bitch to deal with and that's being nice about it. The only thing I enjoyed about them was taking them down after and actively destroying them!

Last edited:

You got help? I almost died hanging that bitch. By myself. While my team fucked around out back, ruined the giant tree table wrap and didn't get crap done.

You got help? I almost died hanging that bitch. By myself. While my team fucked around out back, ruined the giant tree table wrap and didn't get crap done.

Yes, I volunteered, to decorate the giant Christmas tree myself, after building half of them my last night, think all the overheads would be "Meh".

Once my TL saw me actually building about 30-40 pieces, with look of worry on my face at 4am, (opening at 7) I got help.

Yes, I volunteered, to decorate the giant Christmas tree myself, after building half of them my last night, think all the overheads would be "Meh".

Once my TL saw me actually building about 30-40 pieces, with look of worry on my face at 4am, (opening at 7) I got help.
they promise me every year. Every year they just can't spate the help...

Also just throwing out a question how many of you guys got your valance inserts for decorative home from two weeks ago or Home Appliance for this week?

At my store I used my wire overhead hanging string and I ran out....

I ended up having to make my own. That was a fun trip with my STL to Lowes haha

I quickly switched to the old plastic hangers, I knew that I didn't have anywhere close to the wires needed to hang even one of those. My store is dual entrance.

I quickly switched to the old plastic hangers, I knew that I didn't have anywhere close to the wires needed to hang even one of those. My store is dual entrance.

Yea I started singing the month we got new wires (two years later this month) and I threw away all the plastic ones.

I didn't know any better.

But it's OK I like the wires better. Look so much nicer.

Sooooo. Someone at my Store, had a freak Accident.

No one is now allowed to use the compactor besides the LOD.

We had another completely freak accident happen a month before that involved a Ladder. (wasn't the ladder's fault).

Now my Store is Freakin' Out about, OSHA. And I am in charge of the Fixture Room, and have a Major History of Steritech Visits, but never actually had an OSHA visit that I know of.

What should I be keeping a lookout for, that I may have overlooked. Because obviously the fixture room is an easy OSHA fail.

The only Inserts I have seen out of all of them. LOL. is Keurig, and Fieldcrest sheets.

That is it.
Whether we get the signing hours to make up for Target's mistake.... probably not, just be shat on as usual, then told we are actually pay grade 15, not 30 as stated, opps.

Well the overhead is different from last year's overhead.

It looks reasonable for what you'd expect from Christmas.

I'll PM the pic I took it to those who want it.

There's one part of it that is a gift tag that says Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Feliz Navidad or Mele Kalikamaka (Hawaiian). I wanna get Mele Kalikamaka and put it up to see if anyone notices

Well the overhead is different from last year's overhead.

It looks reasonable for what you'd expect from Christmas.

I'll PM the pic I took it to those who want it.

There's one part of it that is a gift tag that says Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Feliz Navidad or Mele Kalikamaka (Hawaiian). I wanna get Mele Kalikamaka and put it up to see if anyone notices

Where the hell did you find this? ^_^

Also never ever, judge an overhead by the picture in the signing update. (They don't convey perspective, as almost all overheads are perspective driven by nature, It is when you find out that that fake perspective is actual god damn volume, that sucks.).

The Signing update last year made it look like it would be easier than Halloween this year.
Until you openned the box.

When the new clearance inserts went up today the first comment was "It looks like Wal-Mart's" The new generic
inserts got many stares and a few "Seriously?". And a couple "Didn't they just change those?" Can't wait to see how long they last.

I like the Clearance tags that point to the item below the shelf.

I already warned pricing don't you dare throw any of the old ones out.

Back