MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Hope the store will be okay without me during the Christmas set... I go on vacation Oct 27th till Nov 5th. The more and more I see going on the more worried I get haha.

How the heck did you swing that? My PTL would never approve it unless there were extenuating circumstances. In fact, I am returning from an LOA a few weeks early just so that I am there for this set.

How the heck did you swing that? My PTL would never approve it unless there were extenuating circumstances. In fact, I am returning from an LOA a few weeks early just so that I am there for this set.

My ETL Logistics was the one who approved it. He told me he had talked to my PTL but it was a surprise to her when I announced it a few weeks ago. Honestly I'll just follow the advice my ETL said and not worry about it until I come back and just enjoy my time off

People kept asking me what it meant. I had to restrain myself to ask if they were illiterate. Though I am fully convinced more than half the people at my store are functionally illiterate.
In English, I would agree.

Sooooo. Someone at my Store, had a freak Accident.

No one is now allowed to use the compactor besides the LOD.

We had another completely freak accident happen a month before that involved a Ladder. (wasn't the ladder's fault).

Now my Store is Freakin' Out about, OSHA. And I am in charge of the Fixture Room, and have a Major History of Steritech Visits, but never actually had an OSHA visit that I know of.

What should I be keeping a lookout for, that I may have overlooked. Because obviously the fixture room is an easy OSHA fail.
um you DONT want to ever fail that because they fine people quickly.

What accident did you have? Was it a wood accident? A metal accident or a flesh accident?

Well the overhead is different from last year's overhead.

It looks reasonable for what you'd expect from Christmas.

I'll PM the pic I took it to those who want it.

There's one part of it that is a gift tag that says Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Feliz Navidad or Mele Kalikamaka (Hawaiian). I wanna get Mele Kalikamaka and put it up to see if anyone notices
Me too.

Question about the new filler CSE's (like we really needed that too now). Anyone know if they are just to be changed out in Softlines, or Hardlines as well? All the directions say are "A&A Stores". Which can mean, the entirety of the stores with A&A, or just A&A.

Tying/locking displays down... Anyone have a good way of doing that? STL wants all displays locked down onto the shelves.

What kind of displays are we talking? Furniture, vacuums, carseats?

Question about the new filler CSE's (like we really needed that too now). Anyone know if they are just to be changed out in Softlines, or Hardlines as well? All the directions say are "A&A Stores". Which can mean, the entirety of the stores with A&A, or just A&A.

I have a few boxes for A&A Low Walls and some for Hardlines Low Walls.

I'm trying to avoid doing them but I'm seriously running out of work for the week.

The ones he wants tied down are small appliances; blenders, keurigs, toasters, vaccumes etc. Some things just can't be siptied without being drilled into. And some of out shelves are flat and solid with no holes for fencing and such. His big idea is double sided tape but that only works on some of the displays that have a flat bottom with no feet or on plexiglass.
Give your STL some zip ties and show him how to do it.

Training your help, is my only input here, otherwise i will seem like an asshole.

I'm trying to avoid doing them but I'm seriously running out of work for the week.

I am also SFS on our launch week, so......... yup.

The ones he wants tied down are small appliances; blenders, keurigs, toasters, vaccumes etc. Some things just can't be siptied without being drilled into. And some of out shelves are flat and solid with no holes for fencing and such. His big idea is double sided tape but that only works on some of the displays that have a flat bottom with no feet or on plexiglass.

Vacuums I can understand, but legit, all the others........

Better yet, this might be a time to consult your STL about getting your own Drill. It's like a screwdriver, but not as good, as it is non-alcoholic, and isn't easy to swallow.( as wells as self-drilling metal screws.

The big problem with double sided tape is that displays move around frequently and tape will end up leaving a residue which you will then have to clean off every time there is a reset or revision. Adhesive velcro would work better; it removes without the residue (we used it briefly for shoe stepdown displayers). Having said that, I am against using either one to secure displays when there is not a safety risk. People will still want to pick up the displays to look at them or "test out" the vacuums.

The big problem with double sided tape is that displays move around frequently and tape will end up leaving a residue which you will then have to clean off every time there is a reset or revision. Adhesive velcro would work better; it removes without the residue (we used it briefly for shoe stepdown displayers). Having said that, I am against using either one to secure displays when there is not a safety risk. People will still want to pick up the displays to look at them or "test out" the vacuums.

Basically this. It's going to cause more hassle than it's worth to try and secure every single display.

The amount of times we need to pull down furniture displays so people can "look at them better" is enough of a pain in the ass right now. Can you imagine if someone had to come over every time someone wanted to touch a Keurig?

Basically this. It's going to cause more hassle than it's worth to try and secure every single display.

The amount of times we need to pull down furniture displays so people can "look at them better" is enough of a pain in the ass right now. Can you imagine if someone had to come over every time someone wanted to touch a Keurig?

lol you guys take the furniture down?

Back