MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

I've been on vacation this week but when I saw this it made me happy because I was actually thinking about this lately... because I have a entire flat filled with the sign holders but no inserts since October. I've kind of just been ignoring them to be completely honest

All of my sign holders are up, just empty and now that I see the inserts are plain white I am glad of it. I may even just leave them empty since it looks the same with or without the inserts and SAP only lets you order 5 inserts at a time of each size.

On another note I'm on my hair's end at this place with the hours situation and I'm looking for a new job, considering what we do what would be some spiced up professional phrases to describe our work?

I know what you mean. I had zero signing hours last week. I had one day on POG to do the revisions and 3 days sfs. But no matter, in the middle of packing the sfs, my ETL comes up and asks me when I'm doing the goodfellows signing since the new ones came in. I'm not sure he appreciates my sarcastic answer.

There is a lot of overlap between signing and VM stuff, you could probably integrate some VM core roles into your resume

At this rate, I could incorporate all of Market, and all of Logistics (Including all of SFS), as well as the presentation side of softlines. Depending on what your Store asks of you, (Mine is a lot, it is quite annoying, but has kept me at 38.5 hours/week, through our hours drought).

With seeing Signing Hours cut back SO bad, and as worse as they probably ever been, I don't think it is long until Signing TM is combined with VM.

If you have a good signing TM and a lackluster VM, you better count your lucky stars that the Signing TM is kept (even a mediocre one).

At this rate, I could incorporate all of Market, and all of Logistics (Including all of SFS), as well as the presentation side of softlines. Depending on what your Store asks of you, (Mine is a lot, it is quite annoying, but has kept me at 38.5 hours/week, through our hours drought).

With seeing Signing Hours cut back SO bad, and as worse as they probably ever been, I don't think it is long until Signing TM is combined with VM.

If you have a good signing TM and a lackluster VM, you better count your lucky stars that the Signing TM is kept (even a mediocre one).

I am a good signing TM and we have a mediocre VM but the VM team is just her. Some guy from corporate came to yell at the softlines TLs because they relied on the VM to do way more softlines stuff than the VM has to do.

On another note I'm on my hair's end at this place with the hours situation and I'm looking for a new job, considering what we do what would be some spiced up professional phrases to describe our work?
From the website:"As a Signing Team Member, you are responsible for all In Store Marketing (ISM) signing in the store being displayed as directed by HQ while maintaining Target's standards. Deliver an exceptional guest experience by engaging the guest and prioritizing the guest's needs over task. Serve as the store's resource for all In Store Marketing (ISM) signing programs, order signs and signing materials, as needed. Ensure guests can easily read ISM signs; replace damaged or missing ISM signs.
Qualifications: Welcoming and helpful attitude toward guests and other team members. Able to learn and adapt to current technology needs. Able to think quickly on the spot to answer guest questions. Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary. Able to lift 40 lbs. Willing to cross-train and work in other areas of the store, as needed."

Let us know what you come up with because I know another signing person looking for another job

I am a good signing TM and we have a mediocre VM but the VM team is just her. Some guy from corporate came to yell at the softlines TLs because they relied on the VM to do way more softlines stuff than the VM has to do.
I am sure there was complete shell shock! Ha Ha I love it.

When I went to work today I ended up printing out the core roles for signing, VM, pog, Electronics and I might look into printing out the corals for Deli/Produce/Meat dept. (I did those before I when the pog route)

It's just weird because this is been my second job but I've been here almost six years so my resume is looking a little light.

I'm going to have to show that I've been promoted a few times here otherwise is going to look too small

That or give the ISM responsibilities to the dept. just like POG's eventually maybe? But then there is the overheads...

Count me in among those looking. Our Plano team is falling apart because of E2E. I'm at the point where I've had enough of the incompetence by HQ, their vendors, and the inability to have stuff done accurately. It's been on a downward spiral for a few years now.

When I went to work today I ended up printing out the core roles for signing, VM, pog, Electronics and I might look into printing out the corals for Deli/Produce/Meat dept. (I did those before I when the pog route)

It's just weird because this is been my second job but I've been here almost six years so my resume is looking a little light.

I'm going to have to show that I've been promoted a few times here otherwise is going to look too small
Its only small if you see it that way, in Market, you are trained to handle food (maybe even order) Also, if you have Vendors you are still good with, they can possibly be your job referal.

in Signing, (at least at my store), you can see yourself as the "Chief Purchaser for our store, to make it the best you possibly can, while bringing it all together, through store coordinated environments." Mentioned that you were trained to use all heavy equipment, Pallet Stacker, Baler, etc..

ALSO, definitely mention all the hardships that come with our job, more than most, catching and fixing mistakes made by corporate (Auditing POG's, but that sounds a lot better ;p).

Just having the ability to spend the stores money, I think would speak volumes about your character.

ALSO, leave on a good note, if you want to come back, remember, you'll probably get paid more :D

Just having the ability to spend the stores money, I think would speak volumes about your character.

@MediocreSigning you could word this as something like "Entrusted with store funds to purchase needed materials" idk

The "store coordinated environments" is a very good thing to put in there. Maybe also mention fashion trends due to overlap with VM.

On mine I did as a skills, - Can meet short deadlines despite consistent interruptions - Highly developed listening and communication skills - Able to work independently on complex projects with minimum supervision and integrate into a team quickly - Consistently accomplishes goals on time and takes on additional tasks.

In two lines you have basically told them you will show up, do the job the job the way they want it done, it will be done quickly and efficiently no matter how many times people interrupt you, you can work alone or in a team, and you don't mind if they want to pile extra crap on you.
It usually works.

Last edited:
We all quitting Target together ? LOL

I found my former ETL-HR, is the new HR director of a Distribution center near me (Not Target), one of her assistants...........

A former HR TM at Target (The one that always grilled for us on memorial day, thank you ma'am). She now works 4, 9 hour work days a week, and $45,000 a year in Salary.

I am happy for her. They also were sure to let me know they were hiring.

any Signing TM here, from a pilot store that can chime in, on what life will be like, in hell? (a Pilot Store, with inflated titles?)

Pilot store in what way?

Remodel sent me this sign:

kEEk0bl.jpg

I found my former ETL-HR, is the new HR director of a Distribution center near me (Not Target), one of her assistants...........

A former HR TM at Target (The one that always grilled for us on memorial day, thank you ma'am). She now works 4, 9 hour work days a week, and $45,000 a year in Salary.

I am happy for her. They also were sure to let me know they were hiring.

nice. sign me up

Back