MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Sooo... When I took down the memorial day banner, I tossed the string things thinking the fathers day or even the 4th of July one would come with its own hardware... Yeah right.. I ordered it but expected date is the end of June

I would improvise and make your own. Either grab a twine and make a knot or use the softline gun thing that make tags for barcodes and use heavy duty staplers on the end to stiffen it up IDK. Give it a shot.

I've seen other stores use overhead wires, but it sticks down too long and looks weird.

Has any store not received their Made By Designing signing (backer paper, headers, endcap overheads)? I got all the signing in for the week of June 17 but nome of it was there. The guide said it would come in with blue shrink wrap.

Has any store not received their Made By Designing signing (backer paper, headers, endcap overheads)? I got all the signing in for the week of June 17 but nome of it was there. The guide said it would come in with blue shrink wrap.

Fuck if I know, idiots scheduled me one day this week.

Is it in those giant ass flat things that says ISM SIGNING? We've got in a ton of those but they're all in pink shrink wrap.

Fuck if I know, idiots scheduled me one day this week.

I know we got a few headers for Made by design and an overhead. It came in pink shrink wrap. But I have no idea where the endcap display is that PMT is suppose to build.

I know we got a few headers for Made by design and an overhead. It came in pink shrink wrap. But I have no idea where the endcap display is that PMT is suppose to build.

The endcap display is likely in several smaller boxes, not one big one. It is a closet org display so think a couple shelves/cubes and probably bins to go in them. And signing.

I feel like I got shorted for the MBD headers and backer. Part of that I blame on being an early set store for part of next week's workload.

Ooooh, it does! I don't have those at my store we are still using the shitty old ones.

Yeah! Our last transition was sometime last year. We never received them so we ordered them and ~6 months later here we are. I'll be calling some local stores tomorrow and see who still needs.

Yeah! Our last transition was sometime last year. We never received them so we ordered them and ~6 months later here we are. I'll be calling some local stores tomorrow and see who still needs.

Huh. I am totally going to check that pog tomorrow and see if we missed new fixtures too. Would be nice if we could replace them.

FYI, don't let plano throw away any old Fieldcrest pillow displays (about 4). It will show no location and the new displays are Not on file. I'm thinking the old displays are suppose to switch with new displays DPCI but for some reason it didn't.

They never sent me any new Fieldcrest displays either.

Last edited:
Anyone else like how the home "just in time" early set notes dropped, and are 13 pages long?. Probably the longest I have seen, in my 2 and 1/2 years as signing tm. You know it is good when the early set notes are twice as long as the guide.

FYI, don't let plano throw away any old Fieldcrest pillow displays (about 4). It will show no location and the new displays are Not on file. I'm thinking the old displays are suppose to switch with new displays DPCI but for some reason it didn't.

They never sent me any new Fieldcrest displays either.

They are supposed to carry forward in the new pog. It should be in the early set notes and I made a point to tell them when they walked it for early set last week. They tied the Fieldcrest displays to the Made by Design pog by mistake.

Anyone else like how the home "just in time" early set notes dropped, and are 13 pages long?. Probably the longest I have seen, in my 2 and 1/2 years as signing tm. You know it is good when the early set notes are twice as long as the guide.

Part of that might be because my store was part of it, lol. Given the crappy early set notes we've been getting of late, we made sure to be very detailed in our notes for them. But it's not all from us, we only did some of the areas early.

I'd be interested to hear what others think of their use of backpack peghooks for coffee mugs. Not a fan, I plan on switching it to something else instead.

Part of that might be because my store was part of it, lol. Given the crappy early set notes we've been getting of late, we made sure to be very detailed in our notes for them. But it's not all from us, we only did some of the areas early.

I'd be interested to hear what others think of their use of backpack peghooks for coffee mugs. Not a fan, I plan on switching it to something else instead.

Wait, does your store set all this stuff before everyone else or what? Like do you have a hand in writing early set notes?

Wait, does your store set all this stuff before everyone else or what? Like do you have a hand in writing early set notes?

We haven't done an early set in several years, but we used to do them yearly. I did try to word my notes how they would sound if they were sent out to all stores, but it looks like they took the ideas and made them less specific while still getting the point across.

Typically corporate has chosen different stores for different early set walks. We've done them for Paper, Pets, Snack/Candy/Bev, maybe Diapers. This was our first doing Home. And corporate always has more than one store do the early set, smaller volumes & larger volumes because the pogs/issues can differ. The notes from all the stores are then compiled and the "most important" notes are what is sent out to everyone.

I don't know what they are called but you can also use the plastic string like things that have the one end that locks into the other. They are a similar material as the swift attach and come in different lengths too. We used to use them to keep shoes paired when the elastic bands were gone.

I ended up using some hanging wire

I don't know what they are called but you can also use the plastic string like things that have the one end that locks into the other. They are a similar material as the swift attach and come in different lengths too. We used to use them to keep shoes paired when the elastic bands were gone.
Zip ties.

They are supposed to carry forward in the new pog. It should be in the early set notes and I made a point to tell them when they walked it for early set last week. They tied the Fieldcrest displays to the Made by Design pog by mistake.
Wtf. I'm glad I snagged the one that supposedly was nop. I've only got two old and one new left down there. They stripped my displays to push more pillows a couple months ago and the tl for the area probably pitched them.

Gosh I've missed you guys. I can't wait to open my two pallets tomorrow. I'm sitting them into the training room. 6ft and 7ft pallets. Lol. They gave me three days signing, one being a Saturday we had to insist be swapped back to Wednesday when the team was here.

For those that had a recent remodel and are using fabric CSE. Did you remove all the old cardboard CSE panels in hardlines? If you did, are the top gondolas just left blank or is there suppose to be some kind of new cover or backpaper for it?

Back