MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Whats this idiotic new day crap
Not my concern. I have two sltl and an etl over it. They can figure it out with the pmt. I remind them every time a new box comes in... not my job. Sorry.

I'm not moving into the fixture room without a lock. They took the trailer with the student my 12ft is specifically for signing. Then took 4ft for diapers but gave it to the pmt instead. I'm not buying their lies. Opentop for metal recycled from steel moves... softlines better hide their bars. If it's on the floor or the wrong spot it's going bye bye...

Today is my last work day this week. My TL is starting OneSpot tomorrow and if she finishes, we'll be done with next week (minus new releases) before it even starts.

We're already doing mini seasonal early. We might even do seasonal early depending on how things go.

Not my concern. I have two sltl and an etl over it. They can figure it out with the pmt. I remind them every time a new box comes in... not my job. Sorry.

I'm not moving into the fixture room without a lock. They took the trailer with the student my 12ft is specifically for signing. Then took 4ft for diapers but gave it to the pmt instead. I'm not buying their lies. Opentop for metal recycled from steel moves... softlines better hide their bars. If it's on the floor or the wrong spot it's going bye bye...

PMT showed me an email saying signing TM is to help.

Meh. I have nothing else to do.

My TL is starting OneSpot tomorrow and if she finishes, we'll be done with next week (minus new releases) before it even starts.
We're already doing mini seasonal early. We might even do seasonal early depending on how things go.

Jealous! 😒 I've been watching Halloween freight roll in off of the billions (that's how it looks and feels right now) of trucks we have...Store I'm at wants to capture any last minute BTC/BTS sales. So then the POG team has to struggle to get it cleared to set it the week of. What I mean by this is this team does not get sales floor support or higher management support. They can't seem to get their hands dirty to move carry forward freight out of the area or condense anything. We could set early but then we are challenged to not to have anything sitting empty. It's always been a Catch 22. Told we need to clear, set, clean, pull, push only the aisles were can get to. The only problem is when transition pallets are not sorted and trapped properly because the Flow TL and Bakroom TL say neither is their job to do then the POG team is screwed. The batch generated only pulls a fourth of the product while the rest is on 10-20 pallets. Tried for years to get a system or partnership with either TL and still nothing. So with everything going on in all that is Spot, can someone who is actually at a store where everything is working smoothly (E2E and new unload) tell me how transitions are set? Who plans it? Are Pre-Ties still in effect? Who is responsible for the pre-ties? Are TL's now responsible? Still trying to picture how everything will be divided. Seems like a lot for each workcenter to do.

PMT showed me an email saying signing TM is to help.

Meh. I have nothing else to do.
Everything on our side says signing team... signs like style team to me. I'll help build the wall if needed, but the rest they need to do. Starting with wav training.

Ok fam.... how the heck do I fit 8ft of steel into the fixture room? I'm ready to rage quit here...I can't wrap my brain around it without gutting and redoing everything.

I might lose my shit tonight, me and my entire POG team volunteered for a week of overnights, so we could pretty much remodel the backroom and could stay out of the way off flow, the first night we find out our workload is actually double what we were told, instead of just cosmetics, bullseye, and toy2 moving.... infant hardlines, bike, sporting goods, and all furniture was added..... (There's four of us). After we kickass, our flow TL begged to push trucks while we are overnight (completely negating our reason for being over night). Tonight I have to move infant hardlines which is right next to the line during a double truck. So help me God, I am 3 days into an overnight and 28 days, 7 hours, and 53 minutes without a cigarette. I might just rip the line out of the floor, with the pallet stacker

I might lose my shit tonight, me and my entire POG team volunteered for a week of overnights, so we could pretty much remodel the backroom and could stay out of the way off flow, the first night we find out our workload is actually double what we were told, instead of just cosmetics, bullseye, and toy2 moving.... infant hardlines, bike, sporting goods, and all furniture was added..... (There's four of us). After we kickass, our flow TL begged to push trucks while we are overnight (completely negating our reason for being over night). Tonight I have to move infant hardlines which is right next to the line during a double truck. So help me God, I am 3 days into an overnight and 28 days, 7 hours, and 53 minutes without a cigarette. I might just rip the line out of the floor, with the pallet stacker
They are doing our moves dayside. Who knows how that will work out. Most of our vehicles are full of dry grocery from the aisle they are tearing out...

They are doing our moves dayside. Who knows how that will work out. Most of our vehicles are full of dry grocery from the aisle they are tearing out...

Ours was done dayside too. But we had support help come in to make all the moves for us. Repack pallets of merchandise were everywhere!

Ok fam.... how the heck do I fit 8ft of steel into the fixture room? I'm ready to rage quit here...I can't wrap my brain around it without gutting and redoing everything.

Ideas off the top of my head:
- reduce space for softlines fixtures. Can any be stored elsewhere?
- reduce space for cosmetic fixtures.
- reduce space for pushers

Those would be the areas I would start with in my own fixture room. And I have an entire 4 ft section just for price change that could go too (and will once I find some time in December). I also no longer sort salesplan signing onto separate shelves. They all get lumped into one pile now.

Ideas off the top of my head:
- reduce space for softlines fixtures. Can any be stored elsewhere?
- reduce space for cosmetic fixtures.
- reduce space for pushers

Those would be the areas I would start with in my own fixture room. And I have an entire 4 ft section just for price change that could go too (and will once I find some time in December). I also no longer sort salesplan signing onto separate shelves. They all get lumped into one pile now.
A section for price change? I guess I'm lucky there. We've got a metal closet in the tl office for pricing/ instocks/ any printer label possible. Plano keeps their buckets under my desk space that holds the label strips as well.

I've only got a 4ft section of beauty. Two sections of sl, but they are the most resistant to tossing stuff. But they didn't pick their crap up either...

Right now I've got six sections per side. Front is two sections sl, two pegs, one fencing, one pushers. Backside is one section 7x11 holders, one beauty, one gondola parts, three hardlines and seasonal fixtures. Front end is sale signing and misc junk.

How many of you have pegboard and gondola parts in your room? I tried to kick that crap out but my pmt is a butthead. Thinking of trying again but it's always been this way.

Salesplanners have an old etl office that's shared with my carry forward signing. It's got one 4ft shelved section and also holds aisle numbers, category strips, and generic pieces for spln team to put up signing/ backer.

A section for price change? I guess I'm lucky there. We've got a metal closet in the tl office for pricing/ instocks/ any printer label possible. Plano keeps their buckets under my desk space that holds the label strips as well.

I've only got a 4ft section of beauty. Two sections of sl, but they are the most resistant to tossing stuff. But they didn't pick their crap up either...

Right now I've got six sections per side. Front is two sections sl, two pegs, one fencing, one pushers. Backside is one section 7x11 holders, one beauty, one gondola parts, three hardlines and seasonal fixtures. Front end is sale signing and misc junk.

How many of you have pegboard and gondola parts in your room? I tried to kick that crap out but my pmt is a butthead. Thinking of trying again but it's always been this way.

Salesplanners have an old etl office that's shared with my carry forward signing. It's got one 4ft shelved section and also holds aisle numbers, category strips, and generic pieces for spln team to put up signing/ backer.

I've got the same amount of space as yours. Mine is divided up as follows:
Front section is fast signing and extra labels, one section for price change, three for miscellaneous cleaning plano supplies/peghooks/pushers, two for softlines, one for beauty, one for info sign holders/outriggers/misc., one for adhesive/magnetic dividers, three for hardlines fixtures, and one for miscellaneous 7x11 sign holders and end cap header fixtures.

My PMT keeps all gondola parts in the steel above our line. I've also got 6 pallet spaces above in the fixture room where I keep overflow pushers, softlines extras, and high capacity shelves.

I've got the same amount of space as yours. Mine is divided up as follows:
Front section is fast signing and extra labels, one section for price change, three for miscellaneous cleaning plano supplies/peghooks/pushers, two for softlines, one for beauty, one for info sign holders/outriggers/misc., one for adhesive/magnetic dividers, three for hardlines fixtures, and one for miscellaneous 7x11 sign holders and end cap header fixtures.

My PMT keeps all gondola parts in the steel above our line. I've also got 6 pallet spaces above in the fixture room where I keep overflow pushers, softlines extras, and high capacity shelves.
Does your stuff go in the fixture room or do you still have steel space?

Does your stuff go in the fixture room or do you still have steel space?

I still have steel space. It's about half of what I started with, heightwise. Used to have an entire 8 ft section all the way to the top of the bulk space, but I condensed down what I had stored. I won't give that up until they take it out of the signing best practice. And even then, I will fight for it.

I still have steel space. It's about half of what I started with, heightwise. Used to have an entire 8 ft section all the way to the top of the bulk space, but I condensed down what I had stored. I won't give that up until they take it out of the signing best practice. And even then, I will fight for it.
I had my tl give me the soft pitch before my stl gave me the actual news. But it's better than taking the fixture room and giving us a trailer outside for it. Maybe. I'm praying our next remodel gives us a bigger backroom as we've an empty lot next door and could easily handle a higher volume sfs setup with it expanded.

I had my tl give me the soft pitch before my stl gave me the actual news. But it's better than taking the fixture room and giving us a trailer outside for it. Maybe. I'm praying our next remodel gives us a bigger backroom as we've an empty lot next door and could easily handle a higher volume sfs setup with it expanded.

Just take the backroom out of your current store, buy that entire lot and make it the backroom.

It's what my store should do with the TJ Maxx next door

Just take the backroom out of your current store, buy that entire lot and make it the backroom.

It's what my store should do with the TJ Maxx next door
I'm really hoping maybe for some of those fancy pods or whatever... maybe liquor entrance plus expanded backroom. They will probably give us concrete floors and that's it. Lol.

Can you guys help me out. Need the PN for 48x18 shelf. It's listed as as0004 on plano but sap is being difficult.

That should be the PN. I know a 22" shelf is AS0006 (I order these a lot) so it follows that an 18" would be AS0004. Is it just not listed in SAP or are you having difficulty finding it? Search terms to look up are: gondola shelf, 18" gondola shelf, 48x18 gondola shelf, or Lozier gondola shelf.

That should be the PN. I know a 22" shelf is AS0006 (I order these a lot) so it follows that an 18" would be AS0004. Is it just not listed in SAP or are you having difficulty finding it? Search terms to look up are: gondola shelf, 18" gondola shelf, 48x18 gondola shelf, or Lozier gondola shelf.

All my results are showing light duty or shelf dividers. It's weird because I've ordered shelves before but never had an issue finding them on SAP.

Back