MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Any body know what this is for? My guess is the Samsung lighted endcap that we ordered like 5 months ago, but I'm not too sure. Scanning the barcode didn't show anything.

Dyson lit endcap or the GE lightbulb lit one. My store has both

So our store can no longer use guest carts and every tub, flat bed, and smart cart is taken by flow. Time to bust out that signing tub as much as it sucks.

I've taken to just walking back and forth to put signing out, carrying as much as I can. My signing tub is full of supplies and extras of stuff and is too clunky for me to want to wheel out onto the salesfloor. I also "borrowed" one of the new SFS carts to use and I love it for doing Plano stuff.

I've been in the fixture room with all signing and displays since last January 1. I'm a total bitch about it. If it's on the ground, I toss it. No questions. If you don't put it up, I'm sure it'll fit in the compactor.

I threw away two metal movable wall sign holders last week. They were sat on the ground in there last week. I guess if they are important, they can reorder them.

I spend about an hour a day in there. No lie. It's a struggle.

After my store got a nice visit from steritech, they had me clean / toss a bunch of shit. Since then I've been doing the same. If I see you left something, I'll give you one chance to get it. If not, it's tossed. Surprisingly, my etl backed me when they went bitching to him about it.

I've taken to just walking back and forth to put signing out, carrying as much as I can. My signing tub is full of supplies and extras of stuff and is too clunky for me to want to wheel out onto the salesfloor. I also "borrowed" one of the new SFS carts to use and I love it for doing Plano stuff.
I'd love to borrow one, but sfs legit needs them. We've not been barred from using guest carts on Plano yet.

MySupport got back to me about the shelves. They were one of the things that was removed from sap temporarily. They're back with the same part number As0004.

Question, do you guys have clearance overhead (balloons/bubbles?) in every softline dept? How often do you have to move it?

Only in RTW and mens. The rule used to be you could only put up a clearance bubble if there were at least 4 racks of clearance on the floorpad in a department. I keep mine up in RTW and mens all the time because the clearance tends to be hidden in the back and no one sees it.

After my store got a nice visit from steritech, they had me clean / toss a bunch of shit. Since then I've been doing the same. If I see you left something, I'll give you one chance to get it. If not, it's tossed. Surprisingly, my etl backed me when they went bitching to him about it.
After we got a red visit from Steritech because of the "Softlines" side of the fixture room I took a personal offense to it and I too started fitting fixtures into the compactor...:eek: I also started locking the doors to the fixture room...:). People are grumbling about it but I DON'T CARE! Locking the room gives me control of what gets put in there because there were times random vehicles of backstock or a cart that was red tagged or a flatbed that was red tagged gets rolled in there. Rolled in but never rolled out. They shove it in there to get it temporarily out of the way but permanently forget to roll it back out so yeah I lock the door when Presentation leaves for the day. I have to gently remind the TL's and ETL's at every meeting to continue to help me lock the fixture room. If you really think about it, anyone that goes in the fixture room needs to wear a hardhat because of all the "fixtures" on the wall or above in the steel...so yeah, I'm keeping it locked. Everyone else has to just deal!

Last edited:
Just got mine in today.

BTW anyone not get their damn overhead inserts for Vintage Trend spot? Thats the 2nd time in a row im missing inserts. And when my support orders them there usually backordered and never get them. Fuck.
Set ours recently and yes inserts were missing. Kit was incomplete! Not sure its worth it to order for fear that it will arrive when it is re-setting again. I wonder if anyone will notice? Nah...No one will look up and notice. With the focus on being modernization and the "new unload" all they will notice will be the sea of pallets and freight in the backroom/receiving area and the ginormous pile of cardboard/trash by the compactor/baler. So I am not going to bother or waste my time ordering or sending a my support.

I'm waiting on my lock core. Until then I'm minimizing time spent. They broke the door of the hinges and jammed the core last time it was locked and they enforced it for a day. I've already thrown out tons of softlines on the floor. And anything put back wrong this week. Didn't ask or tell them, just pitched it. So cathartic.
Its even more cathartic when asked if you've seen a particular fixture and in your head you think..."Yeah I saw it! I saw it in the trash as I was tossing it out because it wasn't put away in the right place!" :):p

Set ours recently and yes inserts were missing. Kit was incomplete! Not sure its worth it to order for fear that it will arrive when it is re-setting again. I wonder if anyone will notice? Nah...No one will look up and notice. With the focus on being modernization and the "new unload" all they will notice will be the sea of pallets and freight in the backroom/receiving area and the ginormous pile of cardboard/trash by the compactor/baler. So I am not going to bother or waste my time ordering or sending a my support.

I notice it said inserts are for Float stores only. And my store is a perimeter. My only guess is that they don't want the inserts to block the signing from the wall behind. If that's the case, I just wished they stated that. Just looks weird naked.

Woohoo hooray for the new dedicated Stocker process (sarcasm).

Starting Monday I am going to be signing and dedicated MMB stocker. I believe I have four 3-hour morning shifts, and then I switch over for the rest of the day as a Hardline stocker in MMB on truck days.

Apparently the leadership wanted to keep me in and around e&f because I am pretty handy when it comes to electronics. Unfortunately I don't think that's going to give me enough time to do all my signing especially with some of these big sets coming up. I think I'm going to have to partner with somebody share my remaining singing hours so I can actually finish all my signing.

It sucks now but it's probably going to help me a lot in the middle of 4th quarter when signing / POG hours go down the drain. Personally I'm starting to care less and less because it seems like signing is going to go away anyway and as long as I stay around 40 hours and keep my benefits I'm all right.

Anyone else been told by their leadership with the new process and where POG, pricing, and signing team members are going?

Starting Monday I am going to be signing and dedicated MMB stocker. I believe I have four 3-hour morning shifts, and then I switch over for the rest of the day as a Hardline stocker in MMB on truck days.

Apparently the leadership wanted to keep me in and around e&f because I am pretty handy when it comes to electronics. Unfortunately I don't think that's going to give me enough time to do all my signing especially with some of these big sets coming up. I think I'm going to have to partner with somebody share my remaining singing hours so I can actually finish all my signing.

It sucks now but it's probably going to help me a lot in the middle of 4th quarter when signing / POG hours go down the drain. Personally I'm starting to care less and less because it seems like signing is going to go away anyway and as long as I stay around 40 hours and keep my benefits I'm all right.

Anyone else been told by their leadership with the new process and where POG, pricing, and signing team members are going?
You are stuck in electronics or hardlines at my store.

Not a whisper. I'm not concerned as anybody but market will fight for me if released to salesfloor position.

Damn that was fast. We haven't started seasonal yet, just mini. Did you guys had to change the height of your focals for the toppers?
These directions are confusing. 54 on adjacency, yammer/ pmt email says 84, transition guide says 49. We only have parts for 54. Hopefully they fit.

These directions are confusing. 54 on adjacency, yammer/ pmt email says 84, transition guide says 49. We only have parts for 54. Hopefully they fit.

We received the 49 inch pieces for the BTS set so we should be good. Does anyone know how many of these toppers will be needed? I was sent 4 total which seems like way too many. I only see one gondola focal for Halloween.

We received the 49 inch pieces for the BTS set so we should be good. Does anyone know how many of these toppers will be needed? I was sent 4 total which seems like way too many. I only see one gondola focal for Halloween.

VA shows toppers in Hallow Eve and Dark Wonder focal in Decor flat so 2 it looks like.

Im curious how the hyde and eek focal sign will go up on the Girls 49" focal when VA shows no gondola on the back.

Looks like the only focal with 49" is the Girl own brand focal, infant focal as well but for certain stores. These dont have toppers.

VA shows toppers in Hallow Eve and Dark Wonder focal in Decor flat so 2 it looks like.

Im curious how the hyde and eek focal sign will go up on the Girls 49" focal when VA shows no gondola on the back.

hmm.. i think the reason we got 4 is 1 topper for each side of the focal because they look like shelves.

hmm.. i think the reason we got 4 is 1 topper for each side of the focal because they look like shelves.

Ah! That would make sense! I guess when I peeked at them on my pallet I assumed they would fit on top, centered for some reason.

Back