MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

STL apparently has DTL permission to set Halloween without backerpaper, only using it on the back wall and endcaps.

So Halloween sets tomorrow and I don't have my pallet.

I hope we don't push.

STL apparently has DTL permission to set Halloween without backerpaper, only using it on the back wall and endcaps.

I hope we don't push.
Your packet should have come last week... it was supposed to be two weeks early on purpose.... mine came and we pushed two trucks back that week.

All my results are showing light duty or shelf dividers. It's weird because I've ordered shelves before but never had an issue finding them on SAP.

Hmm...maybe try different letters, like AX0004 or AW0004. I could have sworn it was AS though. But AS does sound right for dividers so maybe that is what I was remembering. I'll check SAP tomorrow and see if I can find the shelves and if not, I'd say you're best bet is asking mySupport for them.

Edited to add: saw on SAP and WorkBench that because of SAP maintenance, some items are not currently available to order but they are aware of the issue and it should not be mySupported & will hopefully be fixed soon.

Last edited:

I hope we don't push.

A lot of the backer that goes in Halloween is also used in Mini so if you haven't set that yet or have extra you could use it in Seasonal. That was my plan when we were going to set Halloween but now we changed plans and are setting Mini first. And completely ignoring the empty aisles in Seasonal until next week.

A lot of the backer that goes in Halloween is also used in Mini so if you haven't set that yet or have extra you could use it in Seasonal. That was my plan when we were going to set Halloween but now we changed plans and are setting Mini first. And completely ignoring the empty aisles in Seasonal until next week.
Looks like two colors... black with webs and orangey pumpkin for fall.

First tm got to try and pilfer backer paper from the new location (impossible Dunbar they dumped every tub and flat on the floor for the new truck process). Meanwhile I'm almost out of big dot because they keep fucking using it without asking or ordering. And swore it was up everywhere it should have been. Fuckers.

Wee got the mini pallet but not seasonal
Most likely close enough black paper. My spln kid opened the mini boxes instead of hers. I swear I'm flying everything where they can't reach one my core comes for the fixture room.

I hope we don't push.
Send pics if it actually has no backer paper because I hate it this year more than any other. (i hate halloween too but thats neither here nor there)

Jealous! 😒 I've been watching Halloween freight roll in off of the billions (that's how it looks and feels right now) of trucks we have...Store I'm at wants to capture any last minute BTC/BTS sales. So then the POG team has to struggle to get it cleared to set it the week of. What I mean by this is this team does not get sales floor support or higher management support. They can't seem to get their hands dirty to move carry forward freight out of the area or condense anything. We could set early but then we are challenged to not to have anything sitting empty. It's always been a Catch 22. Told we need to clear, set, clean, pull, push only the aisles were can get to. The only problem is when transition pallets are not sorted and trapped properly because the Flow TL and Bakroom TL say neither is their job to do then the POG team is screwed. The batch generated only pulls a fourth of the product while the rest is on 10-20 pallets. Tried for years to get a system or partnership with either TL and still nothing. So with everything going on in all that is Spot, can someone who is actually at a store where everything is working smoothly (E2E and new unload) tell me how transitions are set? Who plans it? Are Pre-Ties still in effect? Who is responsible for the pre-ties? Are TL's now responsible? Still trying to picture how everything will be divided. Seems like a lot for each workcenter to do.
The answer to your questions. Transition is set by either a TM assigned to Seasonal (or sporting goods or Toys or in our case the signing person because she wants to) Hardlines TL plans under the GE ETL Yes pre-ties still exist and again its Hardlines TL or TM assigned resposibility. Finally yes.
So this is the time of the year for the glorious smart huddles. If your FLow TL or Backroom TL says neither job is seasonal sort then cut them out it. Get ETL Log to let the pallets sit in their way until it gets sorted or worked. Also if they backstock it, and Move eats it (which it does on occasion) LOCU it out.

Just take the backroom out of your current store, buy that entire lot and make it the backroom.

It's what my store should do with the TJ Maxx next door
No, you really don't want that. You don't want a back room thats on the side. What you want is the TJ Maxx to become a part of the salesfloor and there old dock area to become your new back room.

Ok fam.... how the heck do I fit 8ft of steel into the fixture room? I'm ready to rage quit here...I can't wrap my brain around it without gutting and redoing everything.
Through the door. Ba dum dum. cymbals crash.

My suggestion is its that much of an issue, gut it and redo it.

Just got mine in today.

BTW anyone not get their damn overhead inserts for Vintage Trend spot? Thats the 2nd time in a row im missing inserts. And when mysupport orders them there usually backordered and never get them. Fuck.

Just got.mine in a DTS SHIPMENT

Through the door. Ba dum dum. cymbals crash.

My suggestion is its that much of an issue, gut it and redo it.

I've been in the fixture room with all signing and displays since last January 1. I'm a total bitch about it. If it's on the ground, I toss it. No questions. If you don't put it up, I'm sure it'll fit in the compactor.

I threw away two metal movable wall sign holders last week. They were sat on the ground in there last week. I guess if they are important, they can reorder them.

I spend about an hour a day in there. No lie. It's a struggle.

I've been in the fixture room with all signing and displays since last January 1. I'm a total bitch about it. If it's on the ground, I toss it. No questions. If you don't put it up, I'm sure it'll fit in the compactor.

I threw away two metal movable wall sign holders last week. They were sat on the ground in there last week. I guess if they are important, they can reorder them.

I spend about an hour a day in there. No lie. It's a struggle.
I'm waiting on my lock core. Until then I'm minimizing time spent. They broke the door of the hinges and jammed the core last time it was locked and they enforced it for a day. I've already thrown out tons of softlines on the floor. And anything put back wrong this week. Didn't ask or tell them, just pitched it. So cathartic.

For those that received their Halloween pallet, did it also include the CSE signing? My store uses the fabric version and I hope we get it before next week.

Any body know what this is for? My guess is the Samsung lighted endcap that we ordered like 5 months ago, but I'm not too sure. Scanning the barcode didn't show anything.

Back