MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Starting Halloween this week at 4am! Go figure! Been a 6am process then told to move to 8am for more guest coverage then because they want a seamless transition and less interruption for guests they decide to bring us in at 4am. Make up your dam mind Spot! I feel like a yo-yo! Any words of advice from those who set Halloween early? This store has a total new set up. Never been done so it will be very very interesting and a very very long week

Starting Halloween this week at 4am! Go figure! Been a 6am process then told to move to 8am for more guest coverage then because they want a seamless transition and less interruption for guests they decide to bring us in at 4am. Make up your dam mind Spot! I feel like a yo-yo! Any words of advice from those who set Halloween early? This store has a total new set up. Never been done so it will be very very interesting and a very very long week

Did you just get a remodel

Seasonal corner store then?

The front decor table is not clear on this but its 4x4 flat on the ground with the wobbly 3x3 nextgen tables on top of them.

The hanging track lighting is annoying for the FOS overheads. Put the wire up first and manually attach everything with the wave. Trust me this saves a lot of stress.

Hanging track light in seasonal is also annoying for the overhead they want there. I put it over the infant focal.

The back wall, if you have the white lights on it, may have lost power if your contractors were fucking idiots like mine.

Seasonal corner store then?

The front decor table is not clear on this but its 4x4 flat on the ground with the wobbly 3x3 nextgen tables on top of them.

The hanging track lighting is annoying for the FOS overheads. Put the wire up first and manually attach everything with the wave. Trust me this saves a lot of stress.

Hanging track light in seasonal is also annoying for the overhead they want there. I put it over the infant focal.

The back wall, if you have the white lights on it, may have lost power if your contractors were fucking idiots like mine.
Thank you so much for your great advice!

If anyone (not Next Gen) builds the decor table before Wednesday, can you let me know how long it takes? I'd like to build it Wednesday, but we have a big walk that I may get called to join so I don't want to leave it half-finished.

If anyone (not Next Gen) builds the decor table before Wednesday, can you let me know how long it takes? I'd like to build it Wednesday, but we have a big walk that I may get called to join so I don't want to leave it half-finished.

Its the roughly the same build for NextGen and regular stores. Only difference is the corrugate on the bottom and the types of tables used. Whole thing took 2hours, including getting tables. So there's a bit of a time frame

Its the roughly the same build for NextGen and regular stores. Only difference is the corrugate on the bottom and the types of tables used. Whole thing took 2hours, including getting tables. So there's a bit of a time frame

2 hours is on the quick side, maybe I'm slow?. The instruction says around 170 mins which is about right. I'd say 3 1/2 hours. I did half today and rest will be done tmw.

Last edited:
2 hours is on the quick side, maybe I'm slow?. The instruction says around 170 mins which is about right. I'd say 3 1/2 hours. I did half today and rest will be done tmw.

To be fair I did forgot to add in one of the extra layers and I'm not the best at construction so it's a little...dumpy in parts.

Mine took about 3 hours, with some short stops during building.

Sweet! Thanks for the replies everyone. Looks like I will be able tackle this on Wednesday after all.

hmm.. i think the reason we got 4 is 1 topper for each side of the focal because they look like shelves.
Curious how this is gonna work for the dark wonder focal at my store, since our STL doesn't allow us to use any shippers that look like shelves, we have to use real gondola shelves instead. After like 40min of the plano TL and I trying to interpret the pog for that focal and figuring out what we'd do, I finally just set the shelves I could and threw a couple "Look for something new coming soon!"/"Big changes in store." signs up, which is what we tend to do when we can't figure out wtf is going on. :rolleyes:

Next Gen...Was there a VA? I didn't get one if there was and there was issues with the planograms being published 2 weeks ago. Yesterday I discovered I'm missing 12' that doesn't exist in OLP but shows it on the map. Anyone else having issues?

ok sorry i was wrong. its one topper per focal and hooks on top of those gondola side bars whatever their called. i can post a pic later

I received 2 of these but we are Next Gen soooo, I guess I'm never going to use these...It looks cool though. Better than that stupid cardboard style from previous years...

I am so glad to be one of the early stores for NextGen.

I am slightly pissed we didn't get Cafe Closure, Toys NextGen, Pets Remodel/NextGen, Nursery Remodel, ot Project Lace

Last edited:
I am so glad to be one of the early stores for NextGen.

I am slightly pissed we didn't get Cafe Closure, Toys NextGen, Pets Remodel/NextGen, Nursery Remodel, ot Project Lace

I think we are getting Toys NextGen next month. We just finished baby which went relatively ok, and Project Lace was a PITA. Did that back in March and I still refuse to step foot anywhere on that floorpad. The amount of money wasted on testing fixtures for these updated areas is fucking ridiculous.

I think we are getting Toys NextGen next month. We just finished baby which went relatively ok, and Project Lace was a PITA. Did that back in March and I still refuse to step foot anywhere on that floorpad. The amount of money wasted on testing fixtures for these updated areas is fucking ridiculous.
I want them all... but nooooo. We had to get the gc from hell who screwed up and we're still finding it a year later.

We've got 3 containers full of unused fixtures. And more keep showing up. But at this point we're not sure if they are still for baby or if they are for toys. Very frustrating.
We had the gc ship back a bunch of a&a folded nesting tables because we had tables and we "didn't need them" . I'm looking forward to the vmbp making me order them one day.

Back