MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Found this in fixture room underneath some shelves.

What is this? It's clearly ancient.

lmGmwol.jpg

It reminds me of something from Sporting Goods few years back. Very briefly, the fitness aisles had this color scheme. But I don't know how "Themes" would fit into that. Does it have a part number? Type it into SAP and see if it comes up, lol.

Anyone have the sap number for the giant round table for accessories in a&a 2.0 stores? We never got it and now we've finally decided to order it... but nothing with round table has a pic...

It reminds me of something from Sporting Goods few years back. Very briefly, the fitness aisles had this color scheme. But I don't know how "Themes" would fit into that. Does it have a part number? Type it into SAP and see if it comes up, lol.

It does not.

Anyone have the sap number for the giant round table for accessories in a&a 2.0 stores? We never got it and now we've finally decided to order it... but nothing with round table has a pic...

Look on the VMG and it should have a pic of each fixture used

I'll let you know next week when we tackle it. We are ignoring it this week to let the clearance sell down first.
We had a pretty good weekend for clearance. I have an opportunity to make 1 of the aisles clearance run and set the other 4, so I'm gonna hope it looks good at the end

We had a pretty good weekend for clearance. I have an opportunity to make 1 of the aisles clearance run and set the other 4, so I'm gonna hope it looks good at the end

I thought of trying that, but there are still pallets of clearance accent chairs that haven't been dropped down yet. Waiting to see if my tl remembers them or they go straight to salvage, still in their shipping boxes.

So who else is having fun with all this fucking furniture.
I AM! NOT!!! I can't believe that on top of this modernization that is rolling out that they decide to allow the PTL to be responsible for building furniture! I am not opposed to this but once again I feel screwed over. PMT is the only one allowed to use power tools, so therefore the Plano TM building the furniture is building it with the tools provided (stupid alan wrench and itty bitty screwdiver) and WILL TAKE LONGER to build it because they don't normally build furniture. This makes absolutely no sense. Question for full MOD stores...Who is building your furniture pieces?

Last edited:
I thought of trying that, but there are still pallets of clearance accent chairs that haven't been dropped down yet. Waiting to see if my tl remembers them or they go straight to salvage, still in their shipping boxes.
I vote for "they go straight to salvage, still in their shipping boxes."
As for building furniture, our PMT does it regardless. The question for me is are they doing this week at my store or they continuing the masterbation of Halloween,

I vote for "they go straight to salvage, still in their shipping boxes."
As for building furniture, our PMT does it regardless. The question for me is are they doing this week at my store or they continuing the masterbation of Halloween,
We're only have three pallets left, and only due to truck blocking the steel. Built innovation table today. The rest will wait for next week.

I AM! NOT!!! I can't believe that on top of this modernization that is rolling out that they decide to allow the PTL to be responsible for building furniture! I am not opposed to this but once again I feel screwed over. PMT is the only one allowed to use power tools, so therefore the Plano TM building the furniture is building it with the tools provided (stupid alan wrench and itty bitty screwdiver) and WILL TAKE LONGER to build it because they don't normally build furniture. This makes absolutely no sense. Question for full MOD stores...Who is building your furniture pieces?

That sucks. I use a power drill all the time, in front of my ETLs and PMT. They don't care lol

That sucks. I use a power drill all the time, in front of my ETLs and PMT. They don't care lol
Lucky! But we are trained and allowed to use the WAVE and the Crown Stacker? Don't those qualify as "Power Equipment?!" Maybe if I My Support being trained on the "Power Drill" will get me and the team access to use power tools...NOT! :(:mad:

Video games reset: :mad::mad::mad::mad:
Domestics, Furniture and Dec Home Reset!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad: 22 unsorted trapped pallets total! Went through 10 pallets today to organize/push so we could find freight for aisles we set yesterday and ended up making 2 pallets of salesplan freight...No wonder the endcaps were sitting empty or partially full. It's because my logistics Flow TL did not want to do Best Practice and trap transition freight properly...:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Domestics, Furniture and Dec Home Reset!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad: 22 unsorted trapped pallets total! Went through 10 pallets today to organize/push so we could find freight for aisles we set yesterday and ended up making 2 pallets of salesplan freight...No wonder the endcaps were sitting empty or partially full. It's because my logistics Flow TL did not want to do Best Practice and trap transition freight properly...:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Our log tl did his best to sort everything but our bigger problem is there is so much to set we have to keep setting and then the fill back gets ignored and then we get blamed for not getting everything filled. Domestics we did ok, some endcaps left still, just finished setting Halloween/ETAT but not filled back yet. Home/decor is half set but also not really filled back. And we'll still be in video games tomorrow because there way no way possible to set all of that in one go. Too many moves!

Our video game aisles shrank when we went through re-model, so we lucked out on that area. I agree with too many POG's and Revisions to set during the week with a team of 4 including myself. Partially set ETAT last week because couldn't finish Halloween due to PLU BTS (although it's filled partially too because of unsorted trapped freight). It finally went 90 but my favorite word in all of Spot terminology is "Salvage!" Price change hates it because they have to count and process it all but I Love It because it goes away.

My upcoming dread is next week's Sporting Goods Transition. All but 1 aisle is moving...:rolleyes::eek:o_O:mad:. I'm already hating this week and it's only Tuesday. I'm going to hate next week even more, especially with trapped pallets of Sporting Goods once again not being sorted by department or aisle even though it was Pre-Tied and communicated via e-mail.

Last edited:
Our video game aisles shrank when we went through re-model, so we lucked out on that area. I agree with too many POG's and Revisions to set during the week with a team of 4 including myself. Partially set ETAT last week because couldn't finish Halloween due to PLU BTS (although it's filled partially too because of unsorted trapped freight). It finally went 90 but my favorite word in all of Spot terminology is "Salvage!" Price change hates it because they have to count and process it all but I Love It because it goes away.

My upcoming dread is next week's Sporting Goods Transition. All but 1 aisle is moving...:rolleyes::eek:o_O:mad:. I'm already hating this week and it's only Tuesday. I'm going hate next week even more, especially with trapped pallets of Sporting Goods once again not being sorted by department or aisle even though it was Pre-Tied and communicated via e-mail.

I'm not looking forward to Sporting Goods either, my PTL is on vacation so that leaves me to direct the team and keep the chaos at bay. I am very annoyed that the moves for this transition are basically putting everything back the way it was a couple years ago.

We were able to salvage out the remaining patio clearance yesterday so that helped a bit, but we are sitting on so many clearance backpacks! The space I was going to use for sporting clearance had to be used for that so I will have to figure out a new spot next week. Hoping summer stuff has sold down enough to condense, I guess.

We have a ton of clearance in Home Decor, Sporting Goods, Furniture, Kitchen and Domestics. :confused:

Makes it difficult to set new aisles when the old Pogs/aisles are still full of clearance.
I probably would have tons of clearance too if the backroom would have pulled the month behind PC Batches...LOL! I'm not going to worrying about it since my ETL is too focused on the new unload roll out. It's sad though that it will probably never see daylight because it'll get processed as salvage once it does get pulled and go straight onto a salvage pallet. What a waste!

I have a bunch of shoe signs but can't seem to find the right sign holder that fits this fixture. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 545.jpg
    545.jpg
    421.3 KB · Views: 44
Back