MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Jealous! You actually have an awesome space! We're shoved into a 4' section of light duty. You have more space than I do! What do you guys do for for displays? I've been having trouble with it getting lost in the backroom. Tried to have a dedicated spot in the fixture room but it gets to be a lot when it's furniture and small appliances. I don't trust the backroom to backstock it but it's best practice. My only issue is when the display doesn't pull in the batch and I have to go pull it in a second round when we do audit.

Furniture displays get backstocked. Carseats end up in fixture room, same wirh strollers. Small things end up in the fixture room in my steel where I unbox them and wait to put rhen up.

It's funny how much space I have because I am downright obsessed with keeping things condensed and empty

Jealous! You actually have an awesome space! We're shoved into a 4' section of light duty. You have more space than I do! What do you guys do for for displays? I've been having trouble with it getting lost in the backroom. Tried to have a dedicated spot in the fixture room but it gets to be a lot when it's furniture and small appliances. I don't trust the backroom to backstock it but it's best practice. My only issue is when the display doesn't pull in the batch and I have to go pull it in a second round when we do audit.

This is the amount of space alloted per Signing Best Practiceand similar tomy own space. When I am heavy on displays I have my log tl make a pallet of small apps and furniture to put up in the steel until I need them. Hate having displays backstocked as they do get lost or hang out in the backroom forever, just found one backstocked yesterday that was no longer needed on any pog.

There's a visit today.

QGDhL3mr.jpg

Got our 2 containers/trailers of Amplified Gifting fixtures delivered today. So now we get to sit on those for a month while we still don't have the fixtures or signing for our early set of entertainment next week. And we still have pods out back from the last project in August; we're up to 7 containers outside the building already. If entertainment is getting new white fixtures like the pogs show, that meansat least another container AND a dumpster for the old ones. Where the Hell are those supposed to go!?!

Got our 2 containers/trailers of Amplified Gifting fixtures delivered today. So now we get to sit on those for a month while we still don't have the fixtures or signing for our early set of entertainment next week. And we still have pods out back from the last project in August; we're up to 7 containers outside the building already. If entertainment is getting new white fixtures like the pogs show, that meansat least another container AND a dumpster for the old ones. Where the Hell are those supposed to go!?!
You are getting new white fixtures along with this faux looking wood liner (was a pain in the ass) that I recommend installing before you push product. When we went through re-model it wasn't located till after we've moved on and had to have someone backtrack. I HATE BACKTRACKING! Also if you have the infinity shelves for the new release music pog or new release book pog, the shelves are HEAVY! It looks nice after it's all set but not sure why we went to white shelves just to cover them with the faux wood liner...🙄

You are getting new white fixtures along with this faux looking wood liner (was a pain in the ass) that I recommend installing before you push product. When we went through re-model it wasn't located till after we've moved on and had to have someone backtrack. I HATE BACKTRACKING! Also if you have the infinity shelves for the new release music pog or new release book pog, the shelves are HEAVY! It looks nice after it's all set but not sure why we went to white shelves just to cover them with the faux wood liner...🙄

Good to know! Thanks for the tips.

Is the liner nice and will last awhile? Or is it the cheap stuff that will start to fray around the edges after a couple months? Paper or plastic, I guess lol.

Good to know! Thanks for the tips.

Is the liner nice and will last awhile? Or is it the cheap stuff that will start to fray around the edges after a couple months? Paper or plastic, I guess lol.
It's this type. Plastic which will probably last a while. You secure it by slipping the front into the front channel and slip onto the back panel . Hopefully I took a good picture that you can see what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• 20181003_085012.jpg
    20181003_085012.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Yeah we got those with NextGen. Nice to see chains getting them. Looks real good.

Cleared out a pallet of new shelves we ordered. Worked my ASS off this week with the rest of small appliances and other stuff.

One day of work next week and I'm doing vacuums A&B. Not C. The idiots keep sending us 8ft POGs when we're a 12ft.

Did you guys process all the discontinued kitchen displays or just threw it in the sweep? I feel processing it will change the count to zero and then Target will try to send me old displays they think I need more of, plus its a lot of work. Happened to me with infant displays.

Did you guys process all the discontinued kitchen displays or just threw it in the sweep? I feel processing it will change the count to zero and then Target will try to send me old displays they think I need more of, plus its a lot of work. Happened to me with infant displays.

Definitely not in the sweep. There has been many times where we got sent back displays, some with electrical wiring, and told to dispose of them in our own compactor. As for defecting, yes. Target won't process a display if it's discontinued so you don't have to worry about that.

All my displays go on the CRC pallet. I don't process them because that takes forever (I did it once for Infants and will never do it again!) None of my CRC displays ever get returned to the store.

I kept the infant seat recycling box, flipped it inside out. Then toss all the kitchen displays in. Works like a dream.

I kept the infant seat recycling box, flipped it inside out. Then toss all the kitchen displays in. Works like a dream.

That's a great idea! Too bad my AP won't let us use that size box for anything anymore because of shortage.

Has anyone seen 4x11 sale toppers for grocery? We have the 4x11 with the bullseye on the top corner but my stl said we should have sale ones too.

I finally got my hands on my Trim A Tree/Mini Seasonal Communication and Map. I thought since we are Next Gen we were no longer going to use the Wegner Seasonal tables. Well guess what, NOT! Map shows 3 seasonal tables for the trees and possibly a table to be used in mini. Ugggg! I hate the seasonal tables! They are heavy, ugly and just plain heavy! o_O:rolleyes:

Back