MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Built the tree today. Barely finished before cutting ot. Found pallet with red basedecks nobody told me came. Ugh. Already flexed out trading cards without two sections.

There is a small section between my steel and the 3f shelves in the fixture room that holds the signing boxes that are too big/too heavy to go in my steel.

It's reaching pretty high now.

So my store doesn't have the FOS stanchions anymore. Swept 'em back, didn't think we needed them and MySupport wasn't helping.

The base is two trapezoids with a box of 24" crossbars in between to stand-in for stanchion.
Didn’t think you’d need it!?? It’s been actively used since the last year when they started all the brand launches. I haven’t seen it empty once since January.

Didn’t think you’d need it!?? It’s been actively used since the last year when they started all the brand launches. I haven’t seen it empty once since January.

We haven't received anything new since we took them off the floor in January during the remodel.

My focal is also built with 49s, but my topper is up. You will need the topper up because there is a cardboard piece that sits on top of it. I did have to trim the endcap piece of backer paper because it was too long (designed to fit on a 54).

That cardboard piece above the topper is flimsy and it had nothing to hold the clear plastic thingy together so I had to add some double sided tape.

We haven't received anything new since we took them off the floor in January during the remodel.
Did you get home innovation? The brand launch catalog holder is updated every brand... made by design then wild fable I think?

Clearly someone new designed the seasonal sets this year. We are scrambling to find enough shelves and dividers? Forget about those, not gonna happen. And who's bright idea was is it to add a power pole to each gondola on the flat area? Also not gonna happen. Spacing on the flat area is shit....why, yes, I would just love to place a cardboard shipper completely into the main aisle because of ADA requirements. 😞 What could go wrong with that?

The awnings for rear seasonal and for the toy shop are a little off. I had to adjust the cable lengths so it can look nice. I haven’t done the mini seasonal one yet. The front of store over head was pretty easy. Also, you have to build the directionals. It will take a bit more time. I did get the ornaments for the tru tree. You guys still have the LEGO bricks sign that connects endcap to endcap? I wanted to put the toy shop in the middle of the whole department but that was in the way. So I just picked a side that had more space to hang the toy shop.

The awnings for rear seasonal and for the toy shop are a little off. I had to adjust the cable lengths so it can look nice. I haven’t done the mini seasonal one yet. The front of store over head was pretty easy. Also, you have to build the directionals. It will take a bit more time. I did get the ornaments for the tru tree. You guys still have the LEGO bricks sign that connects endcap to endcap? I wanted to put the toy shop in the middle of the whole department but that was in the way. So I just picked a side that had more space to hang the toy shop.

Directionals were easy but the bird bent way too easily. The fucking Mini is that same as seasonal, with the rolled up square tube. THAT WAS NOT NEEDED. THEY COULD HAVE JUST MADE IT THE SAME AS HALLOWEEN BUT NOOOOOOO IT'S CHRISTMAS WE HAVE TO BE EXTRA. THE HOLES DON'T LINE UP.

We might not be able to do rear seasonal at my store due to the location of the track lighting and the Christmas trees.

I keep putting up the Happy Holiday headers and keep them on that instead of flipping them to Merry Christmas because WAR ON CHRISTMAS.

I'm just so exhausted this year. There's *so* much shit. Why do we need to have fifty different sizes of bins for VMG crap? There's no fucking room for all of this.

Every single year this shit gets worse and worse and not a single etl/tl has any idea wtf is going on. Last week I wasn't scheduled signing but 3 ism pallets came in... No one touched it and now I'm being asked if we have this or that.im about to snap and lose my job

Last edited:
Back