MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

We finished building all the Amp Gift. Took 3 days, 2 of which PMT was alone.

They want to impress the visit on Thursday so they want the backroom to be clean. Which results in seasonal being reset starting today. All but the ornaments and trees are done. Tables are up, 2 ornament bins done. We don't have the fixtures for some, annoyingly enough. Fucking NextGen.

I have to do the seasonal overhead tomorrow and I have no clue where to put it. NextGen stores have a giant fucking square thing for moving track lights around.

Anyone else in a new Operational Model pilot? There is no "signing team member" so who does all your big signing. I'm just asking because I want to tell them to shove it soon. Everyone keeps asking me for signing stuff even when I'm scheduled other things now.

This will be my first Christmas under signing position so I got a question about ornaments. Where do we get the ornaments for the style flat trees (floor, signing pallet, DTS) ? Does each trend tree get specific ornaments?

We finished building all the Amp Gift. Took 3 days, 2 of which PMT was alone.

They want to impress the visit on Thursday so they want the backroom to be clean. Which results in seasonal being reset starting today. All but the ornaments and trees are done. Tables are up, 2 ornament bins done. We don't have the fixtures for some, annoyingly enough. Fucking NextGen.

I have to do the seasonal overhead tomorrow and I have no clue where to put it. NextGen stores have a giant fucking square thing for moving track lights around.
We have a visit too! Are you at my store?

We can't push freight till the day of the visit (going in early before store opens). Setting everything right now but can't push anything! Very, very frustrating! Softlines already has holiday clothing out so what's the difference?! We set TAT lights with Halloween so why can't we start pushing the 30 semi sorted pallets of TAT? It's really, really DUMB! Anyone else in the same boat?

And we can't set Amp gifting because we don't have all the fixtures yet. You're lucky!

We have a visit too! Are you at my store?

We can't push freight till the day of the visit (going in early before store opens). Setting everything right now but can't push anything! Very, very frustrating! Softlines already has holiday clothing out so what's the difference?! We set TAT lights with Halloween so why can't we start pushing the 30 semi sorted pallets of TAT? It's really, really DUMB! Anyone else in the same boat?

And we can't set Amp gifting because we don't have all the fixtures yet. You're lucky!

Are you a NextGen store

I started the trees today. All the display trees we currently had are up and signed and under the tables the tress are all pushed. Waiting on stuff to sell so we can tear down the gondolas to set the main section of TAT.....

I hope I can do everything possible by next week.... I'm worried that when I leave target I'll be leaving my wonderful team with lost of signing work load. T-T

I started the trees today. All the display trees we currently had are up and signed and under the tables the tress are all pushed. Waiting on stuff to sell so we can tear down the gondolas to set the main section of TAT.....

I hope I can do everything possible by next week.... I'm worried that when I leave target I'll be leaving my wonderful team with lost of signing work load. T-T

See our trees are all outside in a container along with the TAT product

What box is the table wraps in? I've scanned and read all my boxes and nothing says table wrap or table cover

Edit: found it in etl office hallway. Why it's there? Let me tell you

They thought it was the catalog stanchion WHICH was already built....my store is a joke.

Last edited:
I really wish I kept the snapchat to show you guys... I asked why they were looking for something that's already built... They thought there was another tone because the picture shows a green stanchion. Why would you take a box marked rear tree covers and leave it in the fucking etl hallway and not tell me

Anyone else in a new Operational Model pilot? There is no "signing team member" so who does all your big signing. I'm just asking because I want to tell them to shove it soon. Everyone keeps asking me for signing stuff even when I'm scheduled other things now.

I'm dreading the day when our store will no longer have a signing tm. How is it so far? Do they still have you helping with major transitions, overheads, and CSE? What's your role like now?

I mostly get scheduled to set pogs. Which then has to help with some truck push/ smart huddle. Then on top of all this then they say where's my signing.

Back