MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Anyone have issues with next week's label strips? Ours came in being printed on small cosmetic label strips that in years pasts were only printed for the fragrance planograms. The entire label package came in that way. 😡

Pro tip for assembling the new Cat & Jack overhead planets for next week: use the metal posts they send as a guide for layering the ring pieces together. Insert into the holes first, remove adhesive, then align the red layer with the posts. Way easier than trying to align everything just right and not have it get stuck wrong. This also helps ensure the holes are the right size since you have to push that post through 3 layers of foamboard. And you can do it with one person this way too.

*Edited to add: long viking screws may work a bit better than the metal posts. The second planet I did proved a bit trickier using the posts. But definitely use the posts to secure everything after because those rings are heavy!

Hanging it, you may want a second person on hand just in case.

Did the planets today. That was some dumb direction to layer them BEFORE adding the posts. You'd need a light under them to do it. Like you said, I layerd them, drove a screwdriver through to clean the holes, them put the posts through. Way easier.

At least these look nice once put up. Something creative.

I love how these big signing projects always say to use multiple people and yet we only have one Wave and a signing TM (me) who's too lazy to bring out extra ladders.

because those rings are heavy!
It felt like those rings were pushing the limit of what the plastic clips can hold as I was putting them up. Every time I hang something I always get this stupid paranoia that I'm going to rip the entire ceiling down.

Has anyone else had major issues with missing POG Papers the last few weeks? I was able to go through my Pharmacy ones that came in this week and they never sent a significant portion of them. Allergy, Lipcare, Nutrition, Vaporizers, Eyecare, etc. I feel like I got only about half of them. Is this something that MySupport will be able to fix or is it yet another thing that will just get ignored for weeks. It feels like such a waste to print them all out but whatever. (I'm going to need them before they come to any sort of resolution, tbh)

Has anyone else had major issues with missing POG Papers the last few weeks? I was able to go through my Pharmacy ones that came in this week and they never sent a significant portion of them. Allergy, Lipcare, Nutrition, Vaporizers, Eyecare, etc. I feel like I got only about half of them. Is this something that MySupport will be able to fix or is it yet another thing that will just get ignored for weeks. It feels like such a waste to print them all out but whatever. (I'm going to need them before they come to any sort of resolution, tbh)

Yes. But they sent, I kid you not, at least 25 paper pogs for small screen TVs.

I love how these big signing projects always say to use multiple people and yet we only have one Wave and a signing TM (me) who's too lazy to bring out extra ladders.

It felt like those rings were pushing the limit of what the plastic clips can hold as I was putting them up. Every time I hang something I always get this stupid paranoia that I'm going to rip the entire ceiling down.

I used my plano TM with really long arms. She held the rings up from the floor until I could get three of the clips attached to the ceiling and then helped me center everything by giving me direction on what to move where.

I'm also missing about half my OTC pogs. And about half my pogs for next week too. I'm printing all of them because, like you said, we'll need them before they can get us copies sent.

I'm just thankful it's not the label strips that are missing this time. I've got a good groove going on Plano workload right now and I don't want anything stupid to mess it up!

Very strange stuff. We are missing some and were sent many duplicates. (Immediately trashed of course, what a waste, they are probably the ones you are missing ).
Luckily, The better Plano tm don’t need sheets, they work off the my device. I’ve even put up a wall of pegs from the Mydevice cause if you expand the page you can count the holes. I struggled a tad with the labels in the correct pegs cause they don’t always go in order, but merch can be shifted while pushing.

Did anyone get Any resolutions to the Art Combo mess in stationary ? New strips ? We made do but it’s still wrong.
How many acrylic fixtures did u use ? We were sent 4 but only used 2. Thinking about using the other 2 on the endcap with all the little Easter basket things.

Very strange stuff. We are missing some and were sent many duplicates. (Immediately trashed of course, what a waste, they are probably the ones you are missing ).
Luckily, The better Plano tm don’t need sheets, they work off the my device. I’ve even put up a wall of pegs from the Mydevice cause if you expand the page you can count the holes. I struggled a tad with the labels in the correct pegs cause they don’t always go in order, but merch can be shifted while pushing.

Did anyone get Any resolutions to the Art Combo mess in stationary ? New strips ? We made do but it’s still wrong.
How many acrylic fixtures did u use ? We were sent 4 but only used 2. Thinking about using the other 2 on the endcap with all the little Easter basket things.

Set and move on is our motto. No time to go back and fix. No one will do that in the future anyway.

There's early set notes, but unless you have time to go back who cares? We had an issue on the one with adult coloring/ delta paint. My pog tm cobbled it together and it's gonna stay that way until they drop a new pog or revision.

Can't remember if it was in Stores Weekly or if my contacts who designed the Art pogs told me, but there will be revisions dropping to correct the issues. I gave them feedback on the vague wording of Early Set Notes which is why they sent clarification in Stores Weekly.

Mysupport said it will be fixed sometime in May.

Are all the softline fixture in there too? After our remodel, we moved most of softline fixtures into our old shoe stockroom and it's been easier to maintain now, without having to lock it.

Personally, locking the fixture room would annoy the crap out of me. I want to go in/out freely and not having to wait for someone to unlock it.

The softline fixtures are also in the fixture room as well as every other stock room. The leaders send tm to drop fixtures off and 9 times out of 10 they the racks are left any & everywhere.

My store refuses to give me help with hanging so I'm not building it today. An off site friend of mine tried it alone and his fell and broke. Stores weekly when said to schedule two people but ism always goes ignored here

My store refuses to give me help with hanging so I'm not building it today. An off site friend of mine tried it alone and his fell and broke. Stores weekly when said to schedule two people but ism always goes ignored here

You really only need help for about 5 minutes per planet ring, just for someone to to hold one end while you hang 3 of the cables. Assembling can be done with one person (I posted in this thread on how).

Are you saying if you asked someone (Plano TM, your TL, PMT) to hold the ISM for 5 minutes, everyone you asked would say No?

Too bad I wasn't there for that set. Now i have acrylic fixtures just chilling in my fixture room.

On an unrelated note, where do you guys keep your extra side caps? People have begun throwing them in there and they've never really had a storage place before.

Too bad I wasn't there for that set. Now i have acrylic fixtures just chilling in my fixture room.

On an unrelated note, where do you guys keep your extra side caps? People have begun throwing them in there and they've never really had a storage place before.
Sidecaps need to stay on the floor. If it's empty, we instructed the sales floor team to flex single price point items until it gets reset again.

Gahh.. patio flat is resetting. Chairs are now to the side. Why wasnt it like this in the first place? Or how it was for the last 5+ years.

Did the Cat and Jack gateway signing myself, second one took about an hour and a half.

Had a visit from a HQ person today who observed my process for breaking down my signing pallet, supposedly going to be working with CEVA to improve what they send us. Seemed focused on better labeling of cartons. Also said our fixture room was way cleaner and more organized than the ones he had previously seen, which worries me.

Back