MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Does she have like 7ft long arms???

Sometimes it feels like she does. She's not much taller than me but her reach is longer.

Did the Cat and Jack gateway signing myself, second one took about an hour and a half.

Had a visit from a HQ person today who observed my process for breaking down my signing pallet, supposedly going to be working with CEVA to improve what they send us. Seemed focused on better labeling of cartons. Also said our fixture room was way cleaner and more organized than the ones he had previously seen, which worries me.

I heard rumors about better labeling. Larger labels would nice.

I also hear from a lot of HQ people/vendors about how clean and organized my fixture room is too. The last time I was in another store's fixture room, it was a nightmare. Helped their signing person clean it up, took us almost a full week and didn't even make a big dent.

Assembling can be done with one person (I posted in this thread on how).

Thank you for that, by the way. I did mine today and while I'd like to think I would have figured something like that out myself, I can't be sure. That definitely made it a lot easier than the way they wanted me to do it.

Unfortunately, my 2nd one was missing a few screws so I had to use 3 viking clips. I swore I had saved some of those from when I busted up the burts bee's baby thing a while back, but I couldn't find them. Of course, I'm no longer the only one going thru my supplies so I can't rule out the possibility of someone moving them.

Anyway, thanks for the awesome tip.

Did the Cat and Jack gateway signing myself, second one took about an hour and a half.

Had a visit from a HQ person today who observed my process for breaking down my signing pallet, supposedly going to be working with CEVA to improve what they send us. Seemed focused on better labeling of cartons. Also said our fixture room was way cleaner and more organized than the ones he had previously seen, which worries me.

Better labeling would be great. Both in size and actually what it says. Some of it is good enough to understand what is actually in the box, but others, when I actually open it, I'm in awe of how useless the description was. For what I write on the box, I usually end up scanning thru to get the either the POG or sign description.

While on the subject, what do you do when breaking down the pallet? A couple of weeks ago, some people from other stores in my district came by and were checking out my signing steel and mentioned to my leaders how neat and labelled it was.

I basically make sure to label everything in big marker (opening the boxes with unclear descriptions so I know exactly what it is) and try to keep everything neat and organized on the steel with like things together. (For example, right now I have all the HBA stuff for next week on one side and the kitchen stuff that's still being worked this week on the other). Just having touched everything is really useful when someone inevitably asks if I've seen any signing for thing X.

You really only need help for about 5 minutes per planet ring, just for someone to to hold one end while you hang 3 of the cables. Assembling can be done with one person (I posted in this thread on how).

Are you saying if you asked someone (Plano TM, your TL, PMT) to hold the ISM for 5 minutes, everyone you asked would say No?

He literally said " we can't send anyone to help you. We need people to pick". I get it .... Our sfs is always in need of help. I was pulled yesterday and today to help them despite pog being almost 3 weeks behind. My stl has been hounding my A/A to about it getting done. Im not signing anymore this week so I'll let them deal with it until I'm signing again next week.

I saw the truck arrive.

My pallet was nicely built.

The one behind mine was tipping over. I'm so sorry for whatever store is getting that.

He literally said " we can't send anyone to help you. We need people to pick". I get it .... Our sfs is always in need of help. I was pulled yesterday and today to help them despite pog being almost 3 weeks behind. My stl has been hounding my A/A to about it getting done. Im not signing anymore this week so I'll let them deal with it until I'm signing again next week.

That is....fucked up. Sorry you have to deal with that shitty nonsense.

Sometimes it feels like she does. She's not much taller than me but her reach is longer.

I heard rumors about better labeling. Larger labels would nice.

I also hear from a lot of HQ people/vendors about how clean and organized my fixture room is too. The last time I was in another store's fixture room, it was a nightmare. Helped their signing person clean it up, took us almost a full week and didn't even make a big dent.

They need to work on not stacking shelves to it's side. I have so many that are bent for OTC transition.

Also what's up with the packing slip? Unreadable. Would be nice if they list the description too, not just the part number.

Oh, I should add he said he was likely going to be back with some colleagues in the next couple weeks, so if y'all have any suggestions for QOL things involving the signing pallet/signing packaging, basically anything CEVA related I'd love to hear them so I can pass them on.

I spoke a bit to him about a few things in particular, namely the barcodes on the boxes being usable(ie not tied to neopegs/instruction manuals and instead the actual signing), the uselessness of the packing slip(if I'm missing a box it doesn't really tell you what actual things you are missing, usually.). He commented that apparently noone at any of the stores hes been to bothers to check against the packing slip. The lack of any sort of inventory for the fixtures we have in any real sense, leading to us being sent way too many of some fixtures and not enough of others(He promised to quote me about the amount of waste I've seen relating to fixtures).

I also stressed that part of the reason our signing/fixture room was as clean and well organized as it was was because I am given plenty of hours and a free hand to apply them to keeping it tidy, mentioned this a few times. I know some of my brethren out there do not get the time they ought to have for that.

So feel free to post/IM me anything you got about that stuff, I'll collect it and pass it on if I get the chance.

Oh, I should add he said he was likely going to be back with some colleagues in the next couple weeks, so if y'all have any suggestions for QOL things involving the signing pallet/signing packaging, basically anything CEVA related I'd love to hear them so I can pass them on.

Making the outer barcode actually for the sign is great. As would be packing list details (I actually check mine probably 95% of the time, the only one I haven't in 6 months was the beauty one because the pog team were chomping at the bit to get those fixtures the second they arrived). swear my packing list from maybe 2 signing pallets ago actually had item descriptions, but the new ones haven't. I had actually forgotten about that until just now.

Other than that, the only thing that comes to mind would be possibly a label on a short side and a long side of the box so we could make sure one is visible regardless of orientation. If there were a large, easily readable, well-described label on 2 sides of the box, I'd be able to process a pallet much quicker. Most of the time spent now is on actually determining what's in each box (via either scanning barcode or physically opening when the description is inadequate) and then writing that on the box so it can be seen while stored on the steel.

I spoke a bit to him about a few things in particular, namely the barcodes on the boxes being usable(ie not tied to neopegs/instruction manuals and instead the actual signing), the uselessness of the packing slip(if I'm missing a box it doesn't really tell you what actual things you are missing, usually.). He commented that apparently noone at any of the stores hes been to bothers to check against the packing slip. The lack of any sort of inventory for the fixtures we have in any real sense, leading to us being sent way too many of some fixtures and not enough of others(He promised to quote me about the amount of waste I've seen relating to fixtures).

I also stressed that part of the reason our signing/fixture room was as clean and well organized as it was was because I am given plenty of hours and a free hand to apply them to keeping it tidy, mentioned this a few times. I know some of my brethren out there do not get the time they ought to have for that.

So feel free to post/IM me anything you got about that stuff, I'll collect it and pass it on if I get the chance.

The biggest waste of fixtures I see is cosmetics. I throw out at least half of what they send every time. Perhaps suggest sending an audit questionnaire before a big transition like that to gauge how much stores already have on hand.

Also when sending fixtures for a set, it needs to have the pog on the label. Sometimes I get crossbars or peghooks sent and I have no way of knowing which pog they are for and they also inevitably get tossed if I can't figure it out.

Not sure if this is their area or not, but an updated fixture list for labeling the fixture room would be nice. The old 3x5 sticker ones that come in a kit have obsolete fixtures. I've resorted to using index cards to label my grey bins, with fixture description and part number for ordering.

I built the rings today.

I'm harassing the PMT to help me put them up tomorrow.

I don't know what it is but I just feel so averse to doing so. I just *really* do not want to put them up and I don't know why.

It's a shame because they do look good and it's about time they do something new in kid's clothing.

finished the cat and jack overheads today. protip for ppl who haven't done it yet and are too stubborn to ask for help (like me) - you can easily hang it yourself if you put the wires up first and hang the planet last after you've put up the ring.

i was able to attach the left, front, and back sides before i had to move the wave to attach the right.

Back