MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Why isn’t anyone talking about OTC ? I’m freaking out here. Unless I have the wrong adjacency i’m Reading 100% flip ! I predict a huge mess and many more hours needed than allotted. Sheesh, what a headache. Someone please tell me i’m Wrong.

Our inventory is on the 11th and we have to come in at 4am this week for whatever godforsaken reason.

Which means Sunday and Monday I get to do OTC or pretend to at least.

Then Tuesday WELL NEW RELEASES HAVE TO HAPPEN

I feel like they're really cutting down on the amount of signs we use throughout the store.

I didn’t get all the otc pogs so, I had to print them. Again! I had to print some for this week too. Has anyone received 4/14 pogs yet? My white boxes came in but no pogs.

I didn’t get all the otc pogs so, I had to print them. Again! I had to print some for this week too. Has anyone received 4/14 pogs yet? My white boxes came in but no pogs.

There's only 2 softlines pogs that week. And maybe 30 revisions and 30 salesplans. Super light workload. But I did receive the paperwork.

Why isn’t anyone talking about OTC ? I’m freaking out here. Unless I have the wrong adjacency i’m Reading 100% flip ! I predict a huge mess and many more hours needed than allotted. Sheesh, what a headache. Someone please tell me i’m Wrong.

Yup, 100% flip. We've already started, mostly the few pogs that do not move aisles. I sequenced out an order of which aisles to set that I *hope* minimizes guest impact. It will definitely take more than 3 days though!

It is going to be an ugly set to work through with all these moves so I decided to pull one of the smaller pogs off onto an extra fixture so it is still shoppable until we can set it in the new aisle. Then with that cleared off, start setting and moving items as we go.

Whew, thank you, with so little heads up I was concerned I was using an incorrect adjacency and would do all this work for nothing. my sequencing involves 4 aisles at a time, wish I had more hands on deck for fewer days rather than a tiny team spread out through the week.

Whew, thank you, with so little heads up I was concerned I was using an incorrect adjacency and would do all this work for nothing. my sequencing involves 4 aisles at a time, wish I had more hands on deck for fewer days rather than a tiny team spread out through the week.

Yeah, that would make it easier. I'm using one team member for the pogs that don't move and myself & another to set the aisles that move. She and I work really well together, but I do wish I still had one more strong setter for these moves. Lost her to the front end last month. :-/

Sometimes I see these posts about Plano and kind of smirk. Our team kind of gets a bit more help than usual, this last year, and since modernization is on the rise and we need all members to learn plano we just grab extras and teach them how. We did Beauty, OTC, and Stationary in one 8 hour day. (Different...days...for each of course)

Sometimes I see these posts about Plano and kind of smirk. Our team kind of gets a bit more help than usual, this last year, and since modernization is on the rise and we need all members to learn plano we just grab extras and teach them how. We did Beauty, OTC, and Stationary in one 8 hour day. (Different...days...for each of course)

This baffles me because with adjacency moves and that many people setting, doesn't that involve a lot guest disruption with product not being easy to purchase?

Genuinely curious on how your store accomplishes this! I enjoy the logistical planning & executing of transitions, but am hesitant to give up organized efficiency in order to allow people new to setting to help out. Suggestions/tips please. 😊

I don't know how you "grab extras" when most of our staff is pushing the truck.

All of Stationery in 8 hours? huh.

Where do you put the product? Do you go overnight? We don't even have enough tubs to accomplish this in 8 hours.

This baffles me because with adjacency moves and that many people setting, doesn't that involve a lot guest disruption with product not being easy to purchase?

Genuinely curious on how your store accomplishes this! I enjoy the logistical planning & executing of transitions, but am hesitant to give up organized efficiency in order to allow people new to setting to help out. Suggestions/tips please. 😊

Note I'm just a regular electronics tm (a highly skilled one if I may toot my own horn!)

But, the team used is usually quite large. We usually do these on 4am shifts with the LOD's managing doing whatever is needed for themselves. These last three resets have included 3 LOD's (One or two working on their own due to competency)

The last three sets had each of us veteran Plano members paired with another person who was taught beginning to end on how to work. There were 3 regular plano members (Two of us electronics, and another is kind of a wildcard...there's a fourth veteran joined in usually as well but works with the other old electronics worker because they work well togetheR). We each get our pairs and do our teaching.

As a trainer for this I'd make you do all the work paperwork, sacrificing the extra 10-15 minutes so you can understand where to find your label strips, how to print your plano, and printing your labels. From there I do the first section with you in a six section aisle. I show you how to measure, or read pegs. I then move to the opposite side of the aisle and the two of us would work together to finish the entire aisle while I audit your owrk to ensure you have completed it properly. If not, I gently remind you how it is SUPPOSED to be, and why you cannot do it that way. So on so forth, it's really simple actually.

The scheduling thing is above my head, but they make it work for the week. We usually start at 4am for transitions and only are 4 hours in during guests. We are not high volume, though. For Beauty we had 5 regular team members (two training) and one LOD for full 8.5 shift with a 6th for 5 hours. For Stationary...we had alot. We had 2 or 3 LOD's, 8 or 9 team members (5 in training) and for OTC we had 3 LOD's, and 6 regular TM's (4 in training)

I don't know how you "grab extras" when most of our staff is pushing the truck.

All of Stationery in 8 hours? huh.

Never done on a truck day

Edit for Jenna's Edit: Put the product when? Most of this stuff is backstocked properly, unless for certain occasions in which case it's wrapped in case packs and put in steel (if you mean on truck days prior to transition? Need clarification on question)

Last edited:
For Stationary...we had alot. We had 2 or 3 LOD's, 8 or 9 team members (5 in training) and for OTC we had 3 LOD's, and 6 regular TM's (4 in training)

:oops:

I think we get maybe 2-3 people a day for major resets.

Where do you put all the product as your are setting all these aisles at once?

LOD's = ETL AND/OR SR TL, we have only 2 regular TL's in the whole store.

With the teams we have, each team is settinga different aisle. They are pushing/pulling/backstocking/auditing/exf'ing their own aisles as they do them. So it stays in the backroom until it's needed. There wouldn't be any clutter due to this.

LOD's = ETL AND/OR SR TL, we have only 2 regular TL's in the whole store.

With the teams we have, each team is settinga different aisle. They are pushing/pulling/backstocking/auditing/exf'ing their own aisles as they do them. So it stays in the backroom until it's needed. There wouldn't be any clutter due to this.

I'm pretty sure @jenna (and myself) are wondering what you are doing with the product already out on the floor. Especially if the aisles are moving around like Stationery did or OTC is next week.

Is it cleared completely off and taken offstage? Put into repacks or tubs?

Oh, apologies for the misunderstanding. So we actually usually do this pretty strategically. So most of the time we manage to swap each others aisles. So sometimes one entire aisle is staged and worked on last, maybe a flat or a uboat full of product. Then one team sets that empty aisle, as it's all moved into the next it keeps clearing up the next aisle. Most people are able to swap items, some things fit on an a flat with an 2 or 3 boxes high. OTC worked pretty much like that for us. There's usually not that much and the floor is about half cleaned up by open at 8 (after four hours of work) with us working vehicles off the floor from there

So

Um

Beauty was ages ago.

Stationary was two weeks ago.

Whatcha doing at your store mate.

So

Um

Beauty was ages ago.

Stationary was two weeks ago.

Whatcha doing at your store mate.

I think we're like two weeks ahead of you

Edit: Maybe only one week...We've been done with Beauty and Stationary for quite awhile now, you're right. And we did OTC already

I think we're like two weeks ahead of you

Edit: Maybe only one week...We've been done with Beauty and Stationary for quite awhile now, you're right. And we did OTC already

Oh are you one of those stores that for whatever reason gets POGs before everyone else?

No I'm one of those stores with an impatient STL :rolleyes: We did the psuedo electronics reset with labels because of that and were missing half the strips for otc

So what do your veteran pog members do the other 6 days they aren't doing pogs? I can't imagine they hang around for one day a week. I've been at Target 15 years, 12 as pog/signing, I wouldn't stay at anything less than 38 hours week.

Back