MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

The stores out there that have transition teams. What does your store do in sales? Also do you still have a lead that is over transition or does the Gm in charge of the area plan the transition?? Thanks in advance

Yesterday, May 7, 2019, we did 77K. The GM TL 2 is technically still over transition. She corrals all the paperwork and divvies the revisions out to each area.

The issue we had this week is that she called out one day last week and didn't have the pog paperwork done for pets starting Monday. No one had walked the adjacency either. So when the transition team, me and another girl, tried to start Monday, we soon realized wishes flipped. So we had to change direction.

Another issue is that rn, no one is doing signing. Two pallets sitting on the dock. So even though I see outriggers or such on the pog for pets, I'm not breaking down the pallet to get to it. No one else has done it. The GM TL1 even said ... My signing is on that pallet, but I'm not breaking it down. So why should I?

Yesterday, May 7, 2019, we did 77K. The GM TL 2 is technically still over transition. She corrals all the paperwork and divvies the revisions out to each area.

The issue we had this week is that she called out one day last week and didn't have the pog paperwork done for pets starting Monday. No one had walked the adjacency either. So when the transition team, me and another girl, tried to start Monday, we soon realized wishes flipped. So we had to change direction.

Another issue is that rn, no one is doing signing. Two pallets sitting on the dock. So even though I see outriggers or such on the pog for pets, I'm not breaking down the pallet to get to it. No one else has done it. The GM TL1 even said ... My signing is on that pallet, but I'm not breaking it down. So why should I?
Do you know how much your store did in sales last year? Thanks for your answers !

Last edited:
The stores out there that have transition teams.(transition experts) What does your store do in sales a year? Also do you still have a lead that is over transition or does the Gm in charge of the area plan the transition?? Thanks in advance

I really hope our GM lead won't be prepping plano workload. She could barely set an endcap.

They fucked up the signing bracket for dogs Blue brand header. I have 32" shelves and the bracket hook don't even fit on those gondola uprights. Also it's not deep enough, it would sit a 1' behind the merch.

Last edited:
T
They fucked up the signing bracket for dogs Blue brand header. I have 32" shelves and the bracket hook don't even fit on those gondola uprights. Also it's not deep enough, it would sit a 1' behind the merch.

There is an adapter you could use to make the bracket work but since the header will sit too far back anyway, don't put any of it up.

Yes, I'm being given 5 inbound hours a week for it. We just switched to our new roles though, so next week is technically the first week with those inbound hours. This week I'm just going to sort if I have time between pogs. If not, oh well!

5 hours a week? Wow. I'd be in heaven with even half that much. As it stands, I'm expected to do it between setting pogs and if it takes me an hour, people give me shit because we are starting to fall behind on pogs for the first time ever.

Allegedly, they are scheduling us exactly as the calendar says they should, but either they've changed how they calculate that or they aren't including something because we've always been a week ahead, so for us to suddenly be falling behind is just crazy. Something isn't being accounted for, and signing is definitely taking the hit for it. I still have chemicals signing that hasn't been put up because we were behind that week and had to spend the last day doing salesplans and revisions just to scrape by with a green metric.

I haven't even been able to touch the pets signing yet to figure out what's inline and what is focals/salesplans and I was only on pog for 2 days this week because allegedly there weren't but 96 transition hours and the other 2 pog guys get those hours first since they've been doing it longer (which I'm fine with that practice, but I don't see how there were only 96 hours this week when the number I saw was in the 120s, and I didn't think that included pulls etc)

Last edited:
This Pets reset is brutal! Sure, let's flip the entire dept AND move every.single.high capacity.shelf. Yup, sounds great.

They didn't even send us enough shelves for the two of the sections. We had to half-ass it with smaller shelves or just flat out not set a couple shelves while we wait on new ones to arrive.

On top of that, management expected us to be out of pets by Wednesday, with me only being there Tuesday and Wednesday, so essentially 64 hours for the entire pets reset, including signing. We were told they scheduled it to exactly the plan, but I can't see that being the case unless they've drastically changed the forecasting for transition hours and we aren't supposed to be doing anything but moving the shelves or something.

This Pets reset is brutal! Sure, let's flip the entire dept AND move every.single.high capacity.shelf. Yup, sounds great.

I guess y'all got a different reset than my store did. Only thing that flipped were the two cat food aisles, which we just didn't do on STL's order.

I'm lucky, we don't have 32" shelves.

The header looks great.

They didn't even send us enough shelves for the two of the sections. We had to half-ass it with smaller shelves or just flat out not set a couple shelves while we wait on new ones to arrive.

On top of that, management expected us to be out of pets by Wednesday, with me only being there Tuesday and Wednesday, so essentially 64 hours for the entire pets reset, including signing. We were told they scheduled it to exactly the plan, but I can't see that being the case unless they've drastically changed the forecasting for transition hours and we aren't supposed to be doing anything but moving the shelves or something.

Sounds similar to how we were scheduled too. We've got so much backstock from what we did set, tomorrow is going to have to be strictly finishing the one pog half done and backstocking. Nothing else will be started with no plans for completing next week since none of us are even scheduled for next week's pog workload either.

Goodbye being caught up and ahead! Hello tenth circle of Hell!

I've never seen an adapter before, is there a part number?

I can try to look it up next week. I have several from when we had headers throughout all of Pets. Might be called an outrigger adapter? I'm also using them for outriggers on the water wall in Market.

Sounds similar to how we were scheduled too. We've got so much backstock from what we did set, tomorrow is going to have to be strictly finishing the one pog half done and backstocking. Nothing else will be started with no plans for completing next week since none of us are even scheduled for next week's pog workload either.

I am still behind with 2 pogs from last week. Won't complete the 2 luggage pogs this week and we are still playing catch up with revisions from 6 weeks ago in small appliances all because hours needed to be cut to make payroll at the end of the month. Yeah they short changed Plano 36 hours worth of revisions that the SD said the ETL's have a plan! What plan!? My former signing TM is trying to do it after she sorts freight for the first 4 hours of her shift.
She's getting her hours this way but dam signing has gone to HELL!

Well, in a way it's at least a bit of a relief to know that it's not just our team. That really makes me wonder if they haven't changed the way hours are projected now or something. I just checked the May Addendum before I left work today and it did have 74 hours listed for Pets instead of the 64 we were expected to have it done in, but even that extra 10 hours wouldn't have gotten us all the way through it, though it would definitely have helped.

What doesn't make sense is them telling us they scheduled it to plan, but we were only scheduled around 96 hours between us all and the Addendum says 122 Transition hours. That's an extra person for 3 days and some change. Which interestingly enough, is the number of days I was scheduled in other areas this week.

[/QUOTE]

Ewww. NOT a fine job done by the PPTL.
My store director wouldn’t allow that to happen ! PPTL (soon to be GM 2) is required to submit a detailed PLAN of what aisles will be worked each day of the following week. That way she can watch us stay on track or see us falling behind and can step in and direct the team in the case of an absence. Also, every LOD knows what is happening on any given day.

We have very few moves (we had a lot more last year). however, We Received a pallet of 32” shelves, supposedly to replace current 18” shelves in a pog that is moving. Did u guess the problem yet ? : the BASE DECK is STILL only 22” !!! I’m not going to put 32” shelves above a 22” base deck! Don’t know what we’re going to do with all those brand new shelves that we’re not gonna use. Hate the 32’s !

Another problem : the top shelves are TOO HIGH !

We have very few moves (we had a lot more last year). however, We Received a pallet of 32” shelves, supposedly to replace current 18” shelves in a pog that is moving. Did u guess the problem yet ? : the BASE DECK is STILL only 22” !!! I’m not going to put 32” shelves above a 22” base deck! Don’t know what we’re going to do with all those brand new shelves that we’re not gonna use. Hate the 32’s !

Another problem : the top shelves are TOO HIGH !

Can you send them back to the DC?

Did you also notice or read where it says we are supposed to "Tie" large revisions the night before? So does that mean we let the batch fall into the auto fills in the morning? I

Not in the auto fills cause we planned ahead for it.
We did this a FEW times. It was all planned in advance. We tied in the afternoon before we left for the day and a BR TM was scheduled that night to pull. Batches sat overnight and were waiting for us in the morning while we set, then pushed them. All the extra planning & scheduling needed not really worth it.

Last edited:

My store director wouldn’t allow that to happen ! PPTL (soon to be GM 2) is required to submit a detailed PLAN of what aisles will be worked each day of the following week. That way she can watch us stay on track or see us falling behind and can step in and direct the team in the case of an absence. Also, every LOD knows what is happening on any given day.
[/QUOTE]

We don't have a PPTL anymore. You guessed it, she's the GM 2. Sure, you can say it has to be done and have a plan, but she got sick and with call offs, there wasn't time. We started this shitshow, read modernization, 3 weeks ago. There are no LODs. So as far as what you wrote, none of it applies.

We don't have a PPTL anymore. You guessed it, she's the GM 2. Sure, you can say it has to be done and have a plan, but she got sick and with call offs, there wasn't time. We started this shitshow, read modernization, 3 weeks ago. There are no LODs. So as far as what you wrote, none of it applies.
[/QUOTE]
Could be in a few weeks we will be in the same boat but that is how it is for us now - communication, planning and e-mails are required. I find it hard to see that the day is coming that that will change though.

I can try to look it up next week. I have several from when we had headers throughout all of Pets. Might be called an outrigger adapter? I'm also using them for outriggers on the water wall in Market.
You mean those plastic things? I tried using them for the 4' Blue Dog header and they lasted all of four seconds before the prongs snapped.

Back