MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

I received about 20 of these sheets, all for toys. I think I received them instead of label strips for these specific pogs. I have no idea what these are. Does anyone have any insight to what these are?

Attachments

• 20190506_165459.jpg
    20190506_165459.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 47
I received about 20 of these sheets, all for toys. I think I received them instead of label strips for these specific pogs. I have no idea what these are. Does anyone have any insight to what these are?

We had 2 pogs of those when we set 234 spots playground after valentine's day. Use blank strips and set. Odd they would send them for revisions though. I imagine it's so we can flex easier.

They are essentially the same type of label the is sent for the cheese pog. But these ones are printed weird with the barcode out of place. I received them as well and they went directly into the trashcan. We will just use the revision labels that print instead.

They look like they're for vendor or side cap

Who here will be remodeling their signing area to be more in line with modernization? Before I had it by this week, next week, transition etc. But my plan is to have a section for each department.

I was told to rearrange so that each dept has an area but what am I to do with all the displaced stuff ! I don’t have that much spare space and what are they going to use that space for ?

Who here will be remodeling their signing area to be more in line with modernization? Before I had it by this week, next week, transition etc. But my plan is to have a section for each department.

I did nothing. One day I owned all the signing, the next day not. No one has broken down any signing since I did 2 1/2 weeks ago. All the pallets are still wrapped in red, sitting on the dock. No pet signing is up because I refuse to break it down. No one else has including any of the gm tls that have set endcaps. Why should I be so special to do it. I'm not special.

I already have shelves in the fixture room labeled for each area's salesplan signing as well as a designated spot for core signing. Softlines signing gets placed in the back of the fixture room in their fixture area. Everything else will still be sorted in my bulk like normal: transition signing together and anything else random will be labeled for easy perusing.

I already have shelves in the fixture room labeled for each area's salesplan signing as well as a designated spot for core signing. Softlines signing gets placed in the back of the fixture room in their fixture area. Everything else will still be sorted in my bulk like normal: transition signing together and anything else random will be labeled for easy perusing.

You are still breaking down the pallets? I'm assuming since you said they'd be labeled.

You are still breaking down the pallets? I'm assuming since you said they'd be labeled.

Yes, I'm being given 5 inbound hours a week for it. We just switched to our new roles though, so next week is technically the first week with those inbound hours. This week I'm just going to sort if I have time between pogs. If not, oh well!

i'm tentatively planning on doing that but so far my team lead and etl have both continued to act like my role isn't going away so i'm still very much stuck in a confusing limbo.

Yes, I'm being given 5 inbound hours a week for it. We just switched to our new roles though, so next week is technically the first week with those inbound hours. This week I'm just going to sort if I have time between pogs. If not, oh well!

Funny how every store is different. At my store, they just said .... Fuck it. It really pissed me off at first to see something they said was important for years, signing, just not get done. Slowly but surely, the fixture room is going to hell too.

Funny thing, if you look on Workbench under General Merchandise and find the link for General Merchandise Expectations or something like that, there is another link explaining setting presentations. It has a spot talking about putting signing up and wouldn't you know, it says the signing team member will sort the signing pallet. Right in the middle of mentioning all the newer role titles. Huh. Someone forgot to proofread their cut and paste job I guess. Or we're all being lied to.

Funny thing, if you look on Workbench under General Merchandise and find the link for General Merchandise Expectations or something like that, there is another link explaining setting presentations. It has a spot talking about putting signing up and wouldn't you know, it says the signing team member will sort the signing pallet. Right in the middle of mentioning all the newer role titles. Huh. Someone forgot to proofread their cut and paste job I guess. Or we're all being lied to.
It also says to follow up any concerns with your, wait for it..."PTL." I agree about the cut and paste issue or yes it's all lies!
Did you also notice or read where it says we are supposed to "Tie" large revisions the night before? So does that mean we let the batch fall into the auto fills in the morning? I'm skeptical since we've been having issues with normal POG batches dropping in autos. And once the batch is in the system who pulls it especially if we are tying and I am assuming not setting till the next day? I want to hear from transitions team that is fully modernized and ask what does your day/week look like. And what are your start times?

Last edited:
Am I the only one here who was offered to stay on as the signing tm?
I am essentially still going to be doing what I have been, just instead of me doing inline pog ISM, it will be whoever owns that zone. Still probably going to have to do it anyway though, seeing as no one knows how to set ISM apparently.

It also says to follow up any concerns with your, wait for it..."PTL." I agree about the cut and paste issue or yes it's all lies!
Did you also notice or read where it says we are supposed to "Tie" large revisions the night before? So does that mean we let the batch fall into the auto fills in the morning? I'm skeptical since we've been having issues with normal POG batches dropping in autos. And once the batch is in the system who pulls it especially if we are tying and I am assuming not setting till the next day? I want to hear from transitions team that is fully modernized and ask what does your day/week look like. And what are your start times?

I did see that. Also the part where it says the aisles to be set should be completely demerched the night before. Why the hell would anyone do that unless the product is moving aisles or is seasonal??

The stores out there that have transition teams.(transition experts) What does your store do in sales a year? Also do you still have a lead that is over transition or does the Gm in charge of the area plan the transition?? Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Back