MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Ok thanks so much, did you order them or did they send them on your signing pallet, theres a big reset throughout frozen?
I ordered them when I reset frozen two months ago and they just came it. I don’t have a reset coming up just a revision in ice cream.

Did anyone notice on the BTS where it asks your area, the option for "Price Accuracy, Presentation,Signing (non op model pilot locations only)"? Anyone hear of a "non op model pilot"? My curiosity is piqued.

Sounds like it's referring to stores that didn't pilot early modernization in the past year. Non-op pilot is over for most/all stores in the coming weeks which removes the signing position.

I got some 6 22 inch labeled for pets but my pets is inline on 18 inch shelves so they’re useless to me. I could use some 36 inch for paper though lol. I’ve needed 2 for the past 2 months but they’re not allowed to be ordered still.
Road trip? 😂

I'm 99.9% sure we don't need these.

So somehow my ETL must have developed a way to see into the future. I'm scheduled my normal start time on the new schedule for Tuesday but under inbound-sort to sort the signing pallet. She must just somehow KNOW the pallet WILL arrive at 6am that morning, right? Never mind it HAS NEVER ARRIVED BEFORE 11AM. So it will arrive AFTER I leave for the day.

Guess this is how my world starts to burn.

Has anyone in here been NOF captain for inventory before? Any tips or tricks? Weird things you weren’t prepared for that came up? I’m inventory captain for my store and just trying to get ahead of any questions that aren’t answered in the guide

Did anyone notice on the BTS where it asks your area, the option for "Price Accuracy, Presentation,Signing (non op model pilot locations only)"? Anyone hear of a "non op model pilot"? My curiosity is piqued.

"non op model pilot" is "regular store that hasn't fully modernized" I assume BTS was made before modernization was planned to full-roll-out. The "op model pilot" is modernization.

I guess from what I'm hearing here signing has officially been done away with... havent had my review yet, but our store doesnt seem to be changunf duties just hours 😂. Is each signing person turned into a inbound team member, cause if so, I may need to move to the front 😂😂

I guess from what I'm hearing here signing has officially been done away with... havent had my review yet, but our store doesnt seem to be changunf duties just hours 😂. Is each signing person turned into a inbound team member, cause if so, I may need to move to the front 😂😂

I became part of the transition team. Me and one other person. We technically own an area, but I've yet to be scheduled in it. I don't know how you can own an area but never be scheduled in it.

Has anyone in here been NOF captain for inventory before? Any tips or tricks? Weird things you weren’t prepared for that came up? I’m inventory captain for my store and just trying to get ahead of any questions that aren’t answered in the guide
Be organized! Have carts staged for each block to put processed items into. Know your department and class numbers. Have a dedicated table/Z-Rack for team members to bring items that don't scan with the inventory company's system. You'll start in the backroom first and then move onto the salesfloor. Have at least 2-3 printers ready (loaded with UPC and clearance rolls to processes merchandise). Tagging gun for Softlines merchandise and a roll of the white tags to make missing tags for Softlines merchandise. Tape, markers, pens and blank paper. And it helps if there are 2 of you manning the NOF table. Otherwise if you were like my store last inventory, it was HELL trying to get things tagged and entered into the inventory company's system. And get empty boxes for any salvage that is processed throughout the night. We had tons of salvage, be prepared.

There also should be a game plan to have team members start putting away the freight that you've already processed but after the inventory company is complete on the sales floor.

Be organized! Have carts staged for each block to put processed items into. Know your department and class numbers. Have a dedicated table/Z-Rack for team members to bring items that don't scan with the inventory company's system. You'll start in the backroom first and then move onto the salesfloor. Have at least 2-3 printers ready (loaded with UPC and clearance rolls to processes merchandise). Tagging gun for Softlines merchandise and a roll of the white tags to make missing tags for Softlines merchandise. Tape, markers, pens and blank paper. And it helps if there are 2 of you manning the NOF table. Otherwise if you were like my store last inventory, it was HELL trying to get things tagged and entered into the inventory company's system. And get empty boxes for any salvage that is processed throughout the night. We had tons of salvage, be prepared.

There also should be a game plan to have team members start putting away the freight that you've already processed but after the inventory company is complete on the sales floor.
This is super helpful thank you! I’m a 50k sq ft small format so I hope 1 person will be enough but this was some good info!

I became part of the transition team. Me and one other person. We technically own an area, but I've yet to be scheduled in it. I don't know how you can own an area but never be scheduled in it.

Same here. Transition team but no assigned area. Hopeful that means doing hardlines price change and revisions, but I'm not holding my breath. Just starting full modernization and so far it feels like a slap in the face.

Out of all the revision strips, it had to be the female shave that gets jacked up.

Reverse strips was printed standard and I had to fix the strips that wasn't changed.. fuck.. fuck... fuck

Oh, what is everyone's schedule for Vineyard Vines? Mine is off on Friday, then 7AM to 12PM Saturday.

Oh, what is everyone's schedule for Vineyard Vines? Mine is off on Friday, then 7AM to 12PM Saturday.

Not even scheduled for it. I guess I'll stop replying in this thread since signing is gone at my store. Do you know how much signing is starting to pile up? I just ignore it. Glad Target sends it just to sit unused and then fill up a landfill.

Originally, as of yesterday, I was not scheduled for it. Which was fine because I didn't think we were getting it. But I guess we are since my STL called me at home today to ask if I would come in that Saturday morning to help. So I get an additional 4 hours now.

How are they having you come in at 7? It's supposed to be done and ready by store open. ....Never mind, they couldn't possibly screw this up. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Originally, as of yesterday, I was not scheduled for it. Which was fine because I didn't think we were getting it. But I guess we are since my STL called me at home today to ask if I would come in that Saturday morning to help. So I get an additional 4 hours now.

How are they having you come in at 7? It's supposed to be done and ready by store open. ....Never mind, they couldn't possibly screw this up. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

IIRC in one guide, I wanna say May Addendum, the VM is supposed to set it. I guess I'm there for assistance.

If I can get my hands on it, I'll buy the dog toy. Pink Whale Dog Toy Rope - Navy - vineyard vines® for Target - https://www.target.com/p/pink-whale-dog-toy-rope-navy-vineyard-vines-174-for-target/-/A-54266550

Has anyone taken a gander at pog hrs for May/June? Were they that low last yr?

I haven't looked close at the Adjacency Calendar, but May is always light on hours. And June has been the last few years too.

IIRC in one guide, I wanna say May Addendum, the VM is supposed to set it. I guess I'm there for assistance.

If I can get my hands on it, I'll buy the dog toy. Pink Whale Dog Toy Rope - Navy - vineyard vines® for Target - https://www.target.com/p/pink-whale-dog-toy-rope-navy-vineyard-vines-174-for-target/-/A-54266550

Crap. Bet they called me to come in early (4am) because the VM won't. She'll wander in after store open I'm sure and I'll be completely done with it all.

Wow, sounds like I will be floating all the time as usually, my signing it officially three weeks behind 😭😭😭😭. It's weird watching target burn like this, couldn't they have went out a little better then this. Oh well, roll with the punches till another job rescue me 😐

Back