MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

If you haven't already, make time to read the Holiday ISM Guide on WorkBench. Wanna know who is responsible for ensuring holiday ISM (FOS, area overheads, endcaps, etc) are placed correctly? Wait for it............
The Visual Merchandiser!!!!!!!!

Got my lawn chair, a snack, and nice tall drink ready to watch this disaster in action.

Though, admittedly, I do not have the time to install any extra ISM outside of Seasonal this year, it's only myself and one other TM holding Plano together with some newbies trying to learn as we go. And it's going slow so far.

I'm also not really surprised. When they introduced the VM position, I wondered why they didn't just make the signing TM shift into the role as I was already doing VM things keeping the store brand. But what could I possibly know about any of that....🤔🙄

If you haven't already, make time to read the Holiday ISM Guide on WorkBench. Wanna know who is responsible for ensuring holiday ISM (FOS, area overheads, endcaps, etc) are placed correctly? Wait for it............

Got my lawn chair, a snack, and nice tall drink ready to watch this disaster in action.

Though, admittedly, I do not have the time to install any extra ISM outside of Seasonal this year, it's only myself and one other TM holding Plano together with some newbies trying to learn as we go. And it's going slow so far.

I'm also not really surprised. When they introduced the VM position, I wondered why they didn't just make the signing TM shift into the role as I was already doing VM things keeping the store brand. But what could I possibly know about any of that....🤔🙄

Lmao my VM is short and incapable of putting up overheads.

Can't do a fundamental part of the job. And I know they'll pester me to do it.

I don't think our VM even know how to use a wave..

That will keep me laughing all week!!
Wish they would put that in bold letters in the addendum because our SD is religious when it comes to the addendum

When you say "responsible for ensuring holiday ISM are placed correctly" do you mean they have to audit and make sure everything is up and correct or do you mean they actually have to put it up too?

Lmao my VM is short and incapable of putting up overheads.

Can't do a fundamental part of the job. And I know they'll pester me to do it.
I don't think our VM even know how to use a wave..
When you say "responsible for ensuring holiday ISM are placed correctly" do you mean they have to audit and make sure everything is up and correct or do you mean they actually have to put it up too?
My store too, the vm can't or won't use the wave or any equipment for that matter, I too am going to enjoy this ...Happy Holidays and I hope the fos oh's are the biggest and best in years!

Fun fact: someone from either corporate or the company that makes ISM was in our store a week or so ago and was flabbergasted when I said the VM doesn't use the Wave. "But...... that's....part of their job." Tell it to them, lady. None of them do it.

I not sure of the exact wording used for who is responsible for hanging all the ISM this year. I skimmed thru the guide pretty quick. But to me, ensuring it's in the right place when it's currently sitting in a box by the fixture room, says they have to hang it. 🤣

I haven't hung FOS since before BTS. No one has at my store. I toss it after the season is too over to bother. End of next week seems like a good time to toss Halloween FOS.

Update: just reread the Holiday ISM Guide. VMs "will own setting and validating select Holiday ISM execution in partnership with dedicated business owners across the store."

And "in partnership with an assigned support partner who has been trained on signing." WTF. Signing TMs could do all this shit BY THEMSELVES.

Electronics TV wall today.

Ugh. Did all from sections 1 through 9 with my Plano TL.

PMT comes in tomorrow and can do the rest.

Im so glad my store only has 13 sections and only one Brand Statement as opposed to stores with Samsung AND LG.

Electronics TV wall today.

Ugh. Did all from sections 1 through 9 with my Plano TL.

PMT comes in tomorrow and can do the rest.

Im so glad my store only has 13 sections and only one Brand Statement as opposed to stores with Samsung AND LG.

What you do with the clearance displays and did you receive any tv boxes?

Update: just reread the Holiday ISM Guide. VMs "will own setting and validating select Holiday ISM execution in partnership with dedicated business owners across the store."

And "in partnership with an assigned support partner who has been trained on signing." WTF. Signing TMs could do all this shit BY THEMSELVES.
My SD has interpreted this as meaning that I will set all the ISM, and the VM will come around and make sure "it looks right"... It also explains why the new calender no longer lists the hours for non-pog ism.

My SD has interpreted this as meaning that I will set all the ISM, and the VM will come around and make sure "it looks right"... It also explains why the new calender no longer lists the hours for non-pog ism.
They send out non pog signing separately and in the monthly addendums

The seasonal overheads have an estimated time of **5 hours**.

The FOS Christmas have an estimated time of almost 3 hours.

What the shit.

Side note: What's the downside of just going into the Zebra and activating clearance without ticketing?

The seasonal overheads have an estimated time of **5 hours**.

The FOS Christmas have an estimated time of almost 3 hours.

What the shit.

Side note: What's the downside of just going into the Zebra and activating clearance without ticketing?
You likely won’t sell the clearance and if you activate with 0 instead of the number it expects you screw up your numbers. Your price change is tracks expected VS actual for what you print so if someone’s looking at that you can get caught. If you activate and print suggested oh hands realistically the only downside it you won’t sell the clearance and likely salvage a ton which also hurts your stores year end numbers

Last edited:
You likely won’t see the clearance and if you activate with 0 instead of the number it expects you screw up your numbers. Your price change is tracks expected VS actual for what you print so if someone’s looking at that you can get caught. If you activate and print suggested oh hands realistically the only downside it you won’t sell the clearance and likely salvage a ton which also hurts your stores year end numbers

Crap

I feel ya. I have activated clearance without ticketing in toys before when setting pogs. But that was before you had to be connected to a printer to activate them. Can't do it now so it's pretty impossible to fake it. Have to be connected to activate so at that point you may as well just do it right. You can salvage without being connected though.

Back