MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Ah yes the "before you do OPU today go do Frozen signs".

Can't schedule me for a signing shift noooo

set cb1 for frozen and kids node for star wars today. almost forgot to put up the boy's focal but i had just enough time to get it done, though i was rushing and i'm pretty sure i mixed up the wires lol. oh well, it all works!

set cb1 for frozen and kids node for star wars today. almost forgot to put up the boy's focal but i had just enough time to get it done, though i was rushing and i'm pretty sure i mixed up the wires lol. oh well, it all works!
The directions didn’t make much sense but there are 2 wires coming out of the hand sensors, one male and one female connector. One goes into the light saber and one goes into the battery pack. I mixed up the red/blue at first but swapped them later

The directions didn’t make much sense but there are 2 wires coming out of the hand sensors, one male and one female connector. One goes into the light saber and one goes into the battery pack. I mixed up the red/blue at first but swapped them later

i'm glad i wasn't the only one who found the directions confusing! i just thought it was because i was rushing and my brain was revolting against me lol. i'll have to take a look at it the next time i'm in to see if i did it right. thanks!

Good luck to the ad set teams this Sunday morning. They changed the 3x2 signs. The product is now listed first, then the price then at the bottom all the other info and a revised sale dates with begining and end dates. The fonts have changed and limited use of bold type.

However, the worst part is the aisle number and aisle location for the signs have been reduced to literally 2 point font size! Not only are you going to need a magnifying glass, but with the lighting output reduced between 6am and 8am you will need a flashlight, too!

Someone must have convinced upper management we could save a million dollars a year by reducing the amount of ink we use on the weekly ad signs.

Good luck to the ad set teams this Sunday morning. They changed the 3x2 signs. The product is now listed first, then the price then at the bottom all the other info and a revised sale dates with begining and end dates. The fonts have changed and limited use of bold type.

However, the worst part is the aisle number and aisle location for the signs have been reduced to literally 2 point font size! Not only are you going to need a magnifying glass, but with the lighting output reduced between 6am and 8am you will need a flashlight, too!

Someone must have convinced upper management we could save a million dollars a year by reducing the amount of ink we use on the weekly ad signs.
I don't get many ad set shifts but this Sunday is one, lucky me. :oops:

Someone asked a while back what the small slot on the new market endcaps are for. Saw this picture on Twitter and it looks like a small ISM that this store used to put up the aisle number so idk if that’s what it’s supposed to be or if they improvised.

Attachments

• E943CE53-FAA1-413C-936F-73F914318047.jpeg
    E943CE53-FAA1-413C-936F-73F914318047.jpeg
    839.8 KB · Views: 91
So the instruction sheet for the Target Circle door clings say to not cover any "automatic door" or "entrance only" signs, but doesn't every door, inside and out, have these signs? Are you guys putting clings up over them anyway?

So the instruction sheet for the Target Circle door clings say to not cover any "automatic door" or "entrance only" signs, but doesn't every door, inside and out, have these signs? Are you guys putting clings up over them anyway?
Make sure to only put up the red target circle door clings. They sent an ism correction update today telling people not to put up the white confetti clings and to put the red ones on the far windows so the 2 center windows are clear

Make sure to only put up the red target circle door clings. They sent an ism correction update today telling people not to put up the white confetti clings and to put the red ones on the far windows so the 2 center windows are clear
Where can I find this info?

Photos show a harrowing situation in Target stores across the country as the retailer cuts shifts and back rooms become overcrowded with merchandise - https://www.businessinsider.com/target-stores-back-rooms-messy-modernization-photos-2019-10#a-back-room-in-a-maine-target-had-a-large-mountain-of-boxes-as-of-this-month-15

A former employee at a Michigan Target said that his fixture room was commonly messy.

"I was the signing person starting in February and I begged for at least a week to deep clean and organize the space if they were expecting me to take on the signing position," the former employee said. "Due to cuts in payroll, I was always ignored."

Okay so which one of you.

Holy Fuck, those fixture rooms are awful!!!! Hope no one got any head injuries in there from all those improperly stored shelves. We always have at least a 30-36 inch walkway to the back of ours; it's never completely inaccessible. Though, to be fair, it's not always easy to get to any of the shelves on the wall because we have tubs of shelves or tiered carts in the way. But at least they are all things on wheels and can be moved.

Last edited:
I wonder

Any new Amplified Fixtures this year?

I don't think so. My TL was going thru a list the other day to make sure we had all the fixtures we are supposed to from last year. Any missing ones needed to be ordered ASAP.

I don't think so. My TL was going thru a list the other day to make sure we had all the fixtures we are supposed to from last year. Any missing ones needed to be ordered ASAP.

I'm in we certainly don't have those look Gray cardboard bins anymore, and I'm sure a bunch of the hard plastic cylinders are probably gone

I wonder

Any new Amplified Fixtures this year?
Select Small formats are getting new fixtures since they told us to throw out ours and the top like 20 stores from last year are getting amp gifting back but the small format team said they’re slightly different than previous years

Back