MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Sometimes I would view other TM/TL submission in chatbot/mysupport. It is so vague no wonder they don't get replies or resolution. Like one would say, "missing signholder for softline table, please send more". Like uhh ok...

Good morning,

I normally don't roam the signing thread, but I have a peer that wanted me to reach out to stores that are currently on the new shelf label pilot (labels no longer rolled up, color divided, etc) and is looking for feedback regarding printing quality issues or areas for improvement in the production process. Thanks!

Good morning,

I normally don't roam the signing thread, but I have a peer that wanted me to reach out to stores that are currently on the new shelf label pilot (labels no longer rolled up, color divided, etc) and is looking for feedback regarding printing quality issues or areas for improvement in the production process. Thanks!
I’ve found I’m missing more labels than before. Also I’m 99.9% sure it’s not a pilot and that’s how every store receives them now.

Good morning,

I am not a pilot store. Missing labels, is the only thing I noticed.

Last edited:
Good morning,

Once in awhile I will find a missing label at the end or beginning of the strip. Sometimes the missing label with show up in price accuracy, if not have to print all or manually from a portal. Not sure why it does that.

Good morning,

You know what would be really nice.. leave us extra/more blank strips at the very back of the stack. I'm constantly having to pull it from other POGs and sometimes that gets messy.

Good morning,

1) missing labels This is mostly an issue on the reverse side of the label strip for any label needed on the left side (usually) at the end of the pog.

2) poor perferations. Lately the label strips start falling apart immediately. This makes it difficult to handle them before they are set. Perferations need to be stronger to handle multiple people rifling through them. Conversely, some of the strips seem to be too strong and are difficult to separate when placing. There doesn't seem to be a happy medium anymore.

3) label placement. Not sure this is fixable from a printing standpoint, may be a pog design issue. Labels for items that overlap sections close to the end of the strip are often printed as short labels instead of full labels.

4) uncoiled strip box. This is a win. It is so much easier to rifle through the strips in this set up.

5) cutoff labels. On occasion, labels for items that take up the entire shelf will print on the wrong side of the strip and only print half the label missing the barcode.

The fixture room refresh went ok for us, but grocery team didn't get any new ism for all the black metal sidecaps throughout grocery. We have both 18" and 24" sidecaps. Does anyone have the part numbers for these signs (both the sale ones and the white ones)? We ALSO, didn't get any signs that go over the cooler endcaps. I might have those numbers, but would appreciate those part numbers as well, just to be sure.

Please and thanks!

Hmm, it appears I may have still posted this too early in advance. I will go ahead and forward this feedback regardless in case it covers the current pilot.

(From peer) I'm not sure what or how stores have been receiving their strips in the past, but right now there are only about 5 - 8 stores that are being sourced their labels from in-house printing. The rest of the 1800+ stores are still with the out-sourced vendor and will slowly convert to TPS sourced throughout March into April. This will significantly reduce costs and allow us to control directly quality issues and adjustments needed versus relying on a 3rd party to follow through.

Hmm, it appears I may have still posted this too early in advance. I will go ahead and forward this feedback regardless in case it covers the current pilot.

(From peer) I'm not sure what or how stores have been receiving their strips in the past, but right now there are only about 5 - 8 stores that are being sourced their labels from in-house printing. The rest of the 1800+ stores are still with the out-sourced vendor and will slowly convert to TPS sourced throughout March into April. This will significantly reduce costs and allow us to control directly quality issues and adjustments needed versus relying on a 3rd party to follow through.

Does this mean the label strips would arrive in store mail or still direct-to-store?

Has anyone seen the new Winky Lux endcap fixture or shipper? It was supposedly to come in on the supply pallet last week. If so what kind of box did it come in?

Has anyone seen the new Winky Lux endcap fixture or shipper? It was supposedly to come in on the supply pallet last week. If so what kind of box did it come in?

Did you get a pallet of new sidecaps fixtures? I had to dig around to find it. It's not in a typical flat box.

What do the new sidecap fixtures look like? Is it the ones for consumables?
@Walmart

No, these will look just like the regular permanent sidecap fixtures. Though these new ones arrive somewhat disassembled- the plastic sides are not attached already for some reason. Never seen them shipped like that before.

Good. Maybe we'll be able to rig temporary sidecap shippers to these things.

The sides are not something you want to skip putting on though, they protect the shelves/pegs from rogue carts. Our workaround for temp sidecap fixtures is to use a wire divider on the end of a shelf to hang them from if they don't have the plastic brackets but do have the plastic hooks. Obviously this only works if the shelf is the correct height but it works well. Otherwise we try to stick them on endcaps with a wide enough basedeck for them to sit on for extra support.

The sides are not something you want to skip putting on though, they protect the shelves/pegs from rogue carts. Our workaround for temp sidecap fixtures is to use a wire divider on the end of a shelf to hang them from if they don't have the plastic brackets but do have the plastic hooks. Obviously this only works if the shelf is the correct height but it works well. Otherwise we try to stick them on endcaps with a wide enough basedeck for them to sit on for extra support.

Interesting workaround. If I'm missing brackets or it's not stable, I stab holes with a screw driver to ziptie it. One side through the gondola holes, other side I use the shelf diamond holes.

That super smart.

anyone else get a 6 foot long fixture pallet today 🙄

Back