MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

this is kind of more plano related venting than signing, but my store still has a team that sets 90% of the revisions and transitions and i get highkey annoyed when i am in an aisle setting something and the people who work in that area are getting really aggro with me over doing what i'm supposed to be doing lol. like, i'm sorry, do you wanna do this shit? some team members act like YOU personally are responsible for when an aisle or endcap is reset/revised.

Are we talking about the same kind of shelf

The white ones with the bottom that comes off right?

Yup. The bottom coming off is only partially helpful now. You can't reach into the wedge to secure it to the shelf because the opening is on the back of the wedge and there's physically no way to jam your arm in there to hold the screw in place with the shelf still on the gondola.

For this same reason, I had to install the displays to the wedge while it was pulled off. No way to secure them otherwise.

Yup. The bottom coming off is only partially helpful now. You can't reach into the wedge to secure it to the shelf because the opening is on the back of the wedge and there's physically no way to jam your arm in there to hold the screw in place with the shelf still on the gondola.

this is good to know. also shouldn't be a problem for me since our electric shavers aren't on a normal gondola but a short "island" gondola where there is essentially no back. i just hope i can find this damn display in question because i couldn't find it at all earlier today when i was resetting that area.

this is kind of more plano related venting than signing, but my store still has a team that sets 90% of the revisions and transitions and i get highkey annoyed when i am in an aisle setting something and the people who work in that area are getting really aggro with me over doing what i'm supposed to be doing lol. like, i'm sorry, do you wanna do this shit? some team members act like YOU personally are responsible for when an aisle or endcap is reset/revised.

Well, that's just stupid. Pretty much every person who has an area at my store works with Plano on occasion so they know why we reset and what that work entails. I've never experienced someone mad about being in their area, it's usually excitement that I'm in there cleaning it up, lol.

this is good to know. also shouldn't be a problem for me since our electric shavers aren't on a normal gondola but a short "island" gondola where there is essentially no back. i just hope i can find this damn display in question because i couldn't find it at all earlier today when i was resetting that area.

Your island is probably exactly what this wedge was designed for. I'm on a 74" standard gondola. Couldn't understand why they redesigned the fixture when it it less accessible now; an island makes sense!

Update: apparently there's 6 half-pallets, aka 3 full pallets, of personal care transition in the steel.

They fucking better be on one of those and just not had the numbers update.

We didn't palletize any of ours and we don't have them. I think you're SOL on this one. Sorry!

anyone have the cage focal for seasonal with the fabric focal and leaf signage? i put that up last night but i'm concerned about the leaves staying on the cage itself since they're only attached with double sided tape lol. it'd suck if they fell on someone.

Back