MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Nailcare should easily be done in 8hrs. I think one of the biggest mistakes people make is emptying off the entire POG. Or any of them in cosmetics for that matter. Easiest way to set. Scan all the shelf signs and write the location on the back. Organize them by section and put each section in order from first shelf on bottom to highest on the top. Then you look at the signs and match them to the ones already out and begin shuffling. While things on the shelf may move to make room for new colors they don’t change that much. As for cleaning. A can of spray air works wonders and basic cleaner and new clings for the front lips. This is how I’ve always set cosmetics and it never takes as long as they say. Those who empty everything? It takes forever

This is exactly what I do as well. With nail care and that back wall it tends to be in the way the most at our store, so I try to come in early to start it off and get everything moving before guests are in the store. The day before I make sure it's zoned and clearance is moved if it hasn't been already. Last year 2 of us did it because I was training someone on how to do everything so it only took about 4-5 hours, and using those new clings is a Godsend. The year before a girl from Plano did it on her own. She hated it and was frustrated because she removed everything first. Bins of nail polish everywhere. It was a MESS.

This year it was definitely more involved (I think, anyway) but it was easiest to go section by section and just maneuver trays around as much as possible instead of emptying things. Then you just have to move some of the bottles.

For those who have finished setting cosmetics, were you missing the ISM for Sonia? It's the only one I can't find. 🤔 We do have this week's signing pallet with late arriving fixtures but it hasn't been sorted yet so not sure if I need to dig thru it or not.

For those who have finished setting cosmetics, were you missing the ISM for Sonia? It's the only one I can't find. 🤔 We do have this week's signing pallet with late arriving fixtures but it hasn't been sorted yet so not sure if I need to dig thru it or not.

We got Sonia, I'm just missing ELF which some stores are reporting the same issue. The only thing that came in late in this week pallet for us was signing/display for Love Seen.

So far we're missing Sonia, half of another brand (but don't worry, we got doubles of what they did send as well as shit not even for the layout of our store), the entirety of CG, and that Olive & June display can bite me. As much as I love pre-made holes for product it'd be awesome if shit actually fit while placed or hanging.... if any of it made sense. I'm asking too much, I know. But, damn. LOL

This week for us included flat trays, large pushers, Advanced Skin Care ISM (Not sure which it is). I am not sure what we are missing

Target Team,

I have an issue with my Beauty set. The Love Seen pog they want on an endcap and they state they want Transcend fixtures which is what was already there but for signing it has a normal 3ft endcap header that is too tall and is not a header that is meant for a light box which is what is up there.. the light box is too short in height to fit the header as well. The pog also shows a backer paper DPCI but you can’t use backer with Transcend back panels. I didn’t get any backer but found it mentioned in the box. Also they want lit hook and hang which I have but the peg spacing is weird which made me feel like this is actually a shipper and I’m not supposed to actually put fixtures in? I haven’t seen any shipper though. For stores that have this pog on an endcap how did you set it?

Two remaining issues for our set as well is we are missing the bullnose graphics for nailcare.. I have the Essie ones but missing like OPI and Olive and June. The post set notes state this was sent really early (Jan 16th) but I dug through our signing area and didnt turn up with it.. other stores have this issue or is this a situation of we misplaced it and have to order a new one?

I am also missing signing for E.L.F but the post set notes mentioned many stores are having that issue and that should be sent delayed? Am I correct on that?

Two remaining issues for our set as well is we are missing the bullnose graphics for nailcare.. I have the Essie ones but missing like OPI and Olive and June. The post set notes state this was sent really early (Jan 16th) but I dug through our signing area and didnt turn up with it.. other stores have this issue or is this a situation of we misplaced it and have to order a new one?

I am also missing signing for E.L.F but the post set notes mentioned many stores are having that issue and that should be sent delayed? Am I correct on that?

We got a 1 4x24 sign for Olive and June but discarded it because it won't fit with the amount of fixtures we had. Olive and June came in a shipper so it pretty much already had signing on it. Stores that are missing ELF from what I heard, they planning to send those in a couple weeks.

A bit of a rant, but I mysupported regarding missing all ELF signing and whoever responded from HQ said our store isn't planned to have ELF signing and ISM is not required for my set. Like how does that even make sense when the POG literally calls for a bunch of sign holders. Who replies to these things?? Monkeys???

Last edited:
We got a 1 4x24 sign for Olive and June but discarded it because it won't fit with the amount of fixtures we had. Olive and June came in a shipper so it pretty much already had signing on it. Stores that are missing ELF from what I heard, they planning to send those in a couple weeks.

My Olive & June sections are split because of a corner in the store. So not only did I have to cut the 4x24 sign in half, I also can't use the shipper. It's a hot mess. 🤣

A bit of a rant, but I mysupported regarding missing all ELF signing and whoever responded from HQ said our store isn't planned to have ELF signing and ISM is not required for my set. Like how does that even make sense when the POG literally calls for a bunch of sign holders. Who replies to these things?? Monkeys???

MySupport is a joke. So far for this beauty transition, they have deleted a pog we needed, added one we didn't, then gave back the deleted pog, and also added another pog for a brand we don't have--half of which was Online Only items. 🤦🏻‍♀️ My TL will probably never submit another thing to them again.

so anything specific to the love seen ec? Didn't see that mentioned in your reply. And as an aside im not talking about light box signs for nailcare but bullnose graphics which I do need.

Cc @SigningLady

FYI. For mini set, do not throw away valentine backer, tower topper, table cover, amp cart signing. It will be reused for Easter.

Anyone set ODL for next week yet and have the table toppers and shippers for the stack flat? I got all my other ODL signing but not that

Back