MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Anybody have issues with the fixtures for the mens softlines table?
The holes on the table are too small and no amount of pounding will get them to fit.
Did nobody check to see what the diameter was on the frelling things?

I heard this second hand so for what it's worth .
According to the PTL signing is easy.
All you have to do is be organized and work with a sense of urgency.
That is all.

That is all.

Have them switch with you for a week. You know, for your development.

**funny i came back to edit, and have similar sentiment to ISM Master below
FWIW the core roles of signing are easy, and it should be not that hard. dealing with fixing everybody's mistakes, and taking on all the stuff that people don't or won't do, and then the cleaning up of messes and all the other "extra" stuff is what mucks it up.

Last edited:
Anybody have issues with the fixtures for the mens softlines table?
The holes on the table are too small and no amount of pounding will get them to fit.
Did nobody check to see what the diameter was on the frelling things?

That is all.

For the men's tables only one of the two fixtures fit into the holes. For some reason one was a little narrower than the other was.

Signing is easy if the presentation team would do their job correctly. Not take down signs that carry forward and throw then in the fixture room instead of putting then back up. Putting up displays like they are supposed to. Not stopping me all the time to ask me questions about where this and that is. Also if the ETLs leave me alone to do my job instead of doing things they want done. Luckily for me I have a few presentation team members that will put their own displays and carry forward signing up.

Anyone see the amount of new signing and fixtures for the Healthcare Transition? The Pharmacy Bulkhead signing that is above the counter is being replaced as well as the CSE's are being tossed completly. All stores that currently do not have 64" gondolas for the pharmacy aisles will be getting them with this transition. this is being completed by the SFT (4-5 day project)

I am very excited for this transition.. the reading glasses POG is FINALLY being reset!!!!

Anyone see the amount of new signing and fixtures for the Healthcare Transition? The Pharmacy Bulkhead signing that is above the counter is being replaced as well as the CSE's are being tossed completly. All stores that currently do not have 64" gondolas for the pharmacy aisles will be getting them with this transition. this is being completed by the SFT (4-5 day project)

I am very excited for this transition.. the reading glasses POG is FINALLY being reset!!!!

Nope haven't got the stuff for that yet, just the huge amout of dreck for Stationary.
Sounds like another week of madness.
I think I'd better order a bunch of 18" pushers and railings.

random - does anyone know what the big "Threshold Launch" boxes are for? i must not have paid too much attention to the Monthly....i don't remember this......

Don't hurt me guys but really, I don't think cosmetics was that bad. Now, don't get me wrong, took two days explaining what the clings were in each box and I still get asked by the TL on Thursday what the "blank strips" were for. SO much for that. I put out what I could. Spend A LOT of time just running from the floor to the fixture room for incidentals. The problematic POGs most of our TMs were able to fix. Fancy that! It'll take you 7.5hrs to "get around" to your inline signs, but a POG with no heights and mismatched labels, no problem! Anyway, for what it was it went okay over here. Didn't see anything that could have remotely been the Boots "tester" things, but everything else save a missing sign or fixture (lip balm fixtures of course) was alright. My biggest peeve is our POG TMs not setting completely in one day and "saving" some things for the next day. Right now I leave before them and it messes up my schedule every time.

My POG team and I agree with you 100% this was the easiest POG set ever. They sent in every single bullnose sign (label according to bullnose, easy peasy), shelves always have to get moved anyway to fit product (no notches listed, just start at the bottom and space it out how you want). I LOVE the new Boots shippers, those made that POG get set in record time.

Only bad part of the set was flipping Loreal and Sonia, and the poor spacing given for Sonia shelves.

random - does anyone know what the big "Threshold Launch" boxes are for? i must not have paid too much attention to the Monthly....i don't remember this......

They are overheads that go over the aisle between Domestics/Bedding/Home Decor. They are promoting Target's Threshold brand. For my store it is between C and D block. There is one set of overheads that go over each entrance of the main run between C and D.

They are overheads that go over the aisle between Domestics/Bedding/Home Decor. They are promoting Target's Threshold brand. For my store it is between C and D block. There is one set of overheads that go over each entrance of the main run between C and D.

Worked on those today.
No big deal, just a lot of it.
Did anyone not get all the fixtures they needed for stationary?
Missing some boxes and and stuff.

new roll wrap fixtures for stationery, just set down on the basedeck and clip in the back. way better. supposed to have new bag fixtures according to trans communication, but not called for on our pog. anyone else get them?
fyi, backer is changing on the roll wrap aisles too, and the "gifting" aisle gets a lot of new signing.

new roll wrap fixtures for stationery, just set down on the basedeck and clip in the back. way better. supposed to have new bag fixtures according to trans communication, but not called for on our pog. anyone else get them?
fyi, backer is changing on the roll wrap aisles too, and the "gifting" aisle gets a lot of new signing.

Per the audit tool, the new slanted bag fixtures are only for 8' and 12' wrap (#4 i think) pogs. My store is 16' for that POG so we keep pegs.

Yea, it's those bars and three prong hooks that are supposed to go on them that we didn't get.
That and the card box that the vendor is supposed to maintain?

All the headers look kind of funny since they only replaced the one so it's a different color than the others wood grain wise (or am I the only one who notices this stuff)

TV wall tomorrow (ARRRRGH!)
And I was told at the last minute that rather than the Electronics guys doing them (which is the way it's been done for years) I have to do the camera boat.
Which would be fine except even the most experienced guy tells me it takes a couple of days with all the interruptions and I haven't been given that much time.

What "fix" is needed for the new roll-wrap fixtures? We haven't opened them yet, but a "fix" is called out in the early set notes for the SFT. We haven't received the fix yet. SHould we go ahead and set or what? It says the fixtures will rip the paper.

Yea, it's those bars and three prong hooks that are supposed to go on them that we didn't get.

All the headers look kind of funny since they only replaced the one so it's a different color than the others wood grain wise (or am I the only one who notices this stuff)

And I was told at the last minute that rather than the Electronics guys doing them (which is the way it's been done for years) I have to do the camera boat.
Which would be fine except even the most experienced guy tells me it takes a couple of days with all the interruptions and I haven't been given that much time.

Yeah, that one header does look awful. Tomorrow, I'm going to take down the headers on an entire aisle, and use those pieces to replace the "one" header on all the other aisles and then use the new pieces all together on the one aisle. Should make it at least look consistent.

Can Mule get on here and let us know what the "fix" is? Our PTL, and SFT are on vaca and there is no way I'm going to hold off setting wraps. Maybe something we can do ourselves?

Did anyone else have the "giftables to go" pog on their dividing wall? how is it impacting your CSE Low Wall Panels?

Can Mule get on here and let us know what the "fix" is? Our PTL, and SFT are on vaca and there is no way I'm going to hold off setting wraps. Maybe something we can do ourselves?

I went in and looked it up. It's a plastic sleeve that goes inside the roll wrap fixture to cover the rivets, because it will rip the paper when the guests pulls it out. Unfortunately, we have not received it (should have arrived on Friday). We just went ahead and set it without the fix.

Giftables to go wouldn't affect the CSE graphics. They aint' no big thang. Looked more impactful in the photos, but once up, its a "eh".

Those boxes that Ambassador is supposed to maintain are carry forward. Ambassador has some new brackets that they will put on it.

Did anyone else have the "giftables to go" pog on their dividing wall? how is it impacting your CSE Low Wall Panels?

does not interfere with cse. red ornament backer notches must be on the bottom. had to cut notches for pegs in first section of red sign to fit height wise.

We were on track with all the pogs....until today. Amazing how 1 team member without a sense of urgency can impact the entire team.

Hope I can finish the weeks work tomorrow, so I can set the remaining spl.

i need a vacation

Our revision gal always does the camera boat. Cameras was just a revision. If you just do the revision as written, it shouldn't take more than 4 hours.

does not interfere with cse. red ornament backer notches must be on the bottom. had to cut notches for pegs in first section of red sign to fit height wise.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think those notches were supposed to be on top, so they fit around the metal brackets. Ours fit perfectly, and we set them inline on a shorter, 84" gondola. If I had to guess, I would bet the pegs should have been lowered to fit the sign, not the sign cut to fit the pegs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think those notches were supposed to be on top, so they fit around the metal brackets. Ours fit perfectly, and we set them inline on a shorter, 84" gondola. If I had to guess, I would bet the pegs should have been lowered to fit the sign, not the sign cut to fit the pegs.

Well, I'm correcting myself. I walked into the store today and saw immediately my error! Yep, I had the notches at top and valance at top. Flipped the header and moved the valance down and it looks much better.

This is why I love this forum so much. Its like having another pair of "signing" eyes!

Thank you signing guy!

Boy, I need to learn how to reply to multiple posts at once, so I'm not hogging the page.... :))

does anyone know why some states have red label strips vs the normal yellow i see at most targets. i have been to other states and have seen red label strips for the shelves and printers by the price scanners to print out a price is that just a law for that state?

Back