MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

I wouldn't know if one is available online. This happened to a signing person at store close to me. She called me and I told her the lengths. So IMHO, the deer in carts, I doubt anyone will check, or notice, what order they are in. The Santa/List is a little more complicated. I'd call like Commie suggested.

Hey everyone.....I need help really quick. Someone opened the box to my power aisle overheads and now the paperwork is missing. So I do not know which overhead goes where. I have the packet with the target shopping carts and the big santa with a list in his hand. I went to my support but It would not work and my ptl and Etls are clueless on how to find it. Can anyone link me to where I can see a online copy of it? I am done with all the other overheads I just need this last set. Thanks

Call another store and see if they have the instruction sheet. I would say look in SAP but the PDF's are not available there either but they might be now.

You really need the instruction sheets for this one due to the different length cables and the Santa/List...

The Target Carts are every 16 feet apart (modify for your store if necessary due to # of registers - I did 8 for mine). Starting from the back (using 5 ceiling tiles)

Reindeer with Mixer/Blender (center)
Reindeer with softlines (right 2 tiles)
Reindeer with (something) (left 2 tiles)
Reindeer with electronics (right 2 tiles)
Reindeer with christmas tree (left 2 tiles)
Reindeer with toys (right 2 tiles)
8 feet to Santa/Santa's list.

Santa is right 2 ceiling tiles, and the list goes into whatever department is in front of your power aisle.

If you still need the instruction sheets/hook lengths, you will have to wait till tomorrow.

I was missing instruction sheets for my shippers and I had to get them from another store too since SAP didn't have them even with going in through the back way using the numbers from the Monthly Signing Update.

Last edited:
I want to come work at your store wilwum. :rolleyes:

Hey, anyone get that Frozen shipper for big girls department?? Due to set 11/2. I'm complete for 11/26 work, and looked through 11/2 work and it didn't come.

I can't tell you how much trouble that shipper is caused me today. She wants it, wants it now, and I don't have it yet.

o_O

We have our Frozen shipper built and we are setting it tomorrow. I am missing my TMNT shipper though - they sent me some shipper with pegs and the planogram is all shelves.
We did not get our hangers for the Christmas over head signing either so none of that has been started.
Someone needs to get their shit together somewhere. I am always missing something! :(

Hey, anyone get that Frozen shipper for big girls department?? Due to set 11/2. I'm complete for 11/26 work, and looked through 11/2 work and it didn't come.

I can't tell you how much trouble that shipper is caused me today. She wants it, wants it now, and I don't have it yet.

o_O

We have our Frozen shipper built and we are setting it tomorrow. I am missing my TMNT shipper though - they sent me some shipper with pegs and the planogram is all shelves.
We did not get our hangers for the Christmas over head signing either so none of that has been started.
Someone needs to get their shit together somewhere. I am always missing something! :(

I'm missing ours as well as a bunch of other stuff...workload's not getting done.

Was told to keep MySupporting this stuff every week when I'm missing stuff.

My plano team and my signing team member have been working together to get everything done this week. We helped building the wrap bins, SL shippers, tree flat, Joy to the World table, and the 2 front focals. My signing TM is helping with revisions tomorrow. When our cables finally decide to come in I am going to get help from somewhere (ha it will probably be me) to help get the overheads up faster.

o_O

I'm missing ours as well as a bunch of other stuff...workload's not getting done.

Was told to keep MySupporting this stuff every week when I'm missing stuff.

I am Mysupporting so much every week. It is crazy. I can't even keep up with what I need to Mysupport. :-/

Hey everyone.....I need help really quick. Someone opened the box to my power aisle overheads and now the paperwork is missing. So I do not know which overhead goes where. I have the packet with the target shopping carts and the big santa with a list in his hand. I went to my support but It would not work and my ptl and Etls are clueless on how to find it. Can anyone link me to where I can see a online copy of it? I am done with all the other overheads I just need this last set. Thanks

instruction sheets have been up on SAP consistently lately (believe it or not). call another store for the "part number" of them (remember when you look up the instructions you have to open up the search result and then copy/paste the address at the bottom of the listing to pull up the pdf). OR you could gamble on some quality SAP time - take a part number off of one of the reindeer you are hanging - when the results come up, scroll down to see if the instruction sheet comes up with the "similar results" that come up with every search now. Thats how i found all the tree flat instructions when ordering that since that entire package was missing.

Thanks everyone I ended up calling another store,they didnt have their sheet anymore but the PTL was kind enough to take pictures and send a video of how they looked. and thier Signing team member actually remembered the hook lengths. The only thing we didnt get up was this overly complicated santa list thing. Oh and I found out it was the Stl who went back there and opened the box because he was looking for the joy of the world table....Which I dont understand because the boxes are marked! Plus I ended up building the tree table also..(sigh)

Thanks everyone I ended up calling another store,they didnt have their sheet anymore but the PTL was kind enough to take pictures and send a video of how they looked. and thier Signing team member actually remembered the hook lengths. The only thing we didnt get up was this overly complicated santa list thing. Oh and I found out it was the Stl who went back there and opened the box because he was looking for the joy of the world table....Which I dont understand because the boxes are marked! Plus I ended up building the tree table also..(sigh)

Glad things worked out in the end.
I guess you can't break your STLs fingers but I hope you managed a public shaming.

So I like these new overhead cables, they didn't break on me and the plastic ones always do for me, and I'm loving how the overheads compare to last year. I just have a ton of boxes to try to open and tackle before bf building time gets here

I agree about the no face means no ethnicity problem.

I seriously don't understand why the cables though. And to throw them away after this stuff comes down. It doesn't make sense.

lol since forever... cant say merry christmas anymore incase you offend someone its ridiculous

That whole "can't say merry christmas" thing is something that I'm pretty sure Fox News made up.

This ^.

I"m Jewish and don't care if someone says Merry Christmas to me.
I always say Happy Holidays because I'm not going to assume what their holiday is, especially considering I lived a state that had one of the most diverse populations in the US.

There is no war on Christmas.
The damn holiday has swallowed Thanksgiving and is working Halloween.

Glad things worked out in the end.
I guess you can't break your STLs fingers but I hope you managed a public shaming.
I gots room in my walk-in......

lol since forever... cant say merry christmas anymore incase you offend someone its ridiculous

That whole "can't say merry christmas" thing is something that I'm pretty sure Fox News made up.

This ^.

I"m Jewish and don't care if someone says Merry Christmas to me.
I always say Happy Holidays because I'm not going to assume what their holiday is, especially considering I lived a state that had one of the most diverse populations in the US.

This. Considering Santa Claus isn't real, I think it's great that Target isn't rushing to make Santa be white. For those of us in the majority race in this country, we have the privilege that Santa generally looks like us. Why shouldn't others have Santa look like them? I think this is a great way to aim towards inclusivity. Too bad it just looks creepy in the process.

You can say Merry Christmas. However As someone who grew up Jewish I never assume that someone celebrates Christmas and prefer Happy Holidays. I do not get why people don't want to include as many peopke as possible in there holiday greetings.

QFT

i used to dress up as a mascot and one halloween i was handing out candy and got my butt chewed out by a family that didnt celebrate it... not fun they could have just said no thanks but nooo lets yell at the girl who has to stand by the door ina freakin costume and hand out candy

Back