MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

I love when my support asks for a picture of somthing I am missing. I have had to point out more then once if I had the part I would not have contacted them.

When I can take a picture here is what I do.

Take a picture with my phone.

Use my personkitty e-mail to send it to my signkitty e-mail.

Open my signkitty e-mail on one of the sad old computers in the store.

Save the photo to the desktop.

Then I can use the attach file button on my support to send them the picture.

I am well known around the store for using my phone to take pictures and make to do lists and no one gives me a hard time anymore. I'd rather use technology to make my life easier even if its my personal phone.

I love when my support asks for a picture of somthing I am missing. I have had to point out more then once if I had the part I would not have contacted them.

When I can take a picture here is what I do.

Take a picture with my phone.

Use my personkitty e-mail to send it to my signkitty e-mail.

Open my signkitty e-mail on one of the sad old computers in the store.

Save the photo to the desktop.

Then I can use the attach file button on my support to send them the picture.

I am well known around the store for using my phone to take pictures and make to do lists and no one gives me a hard time anymore. I'd rather use technology to make my life easier even if its my personal phone.

That's what I had to do after almost a year of going back and forth about two furniture endcaps.
During the remodel they had switched it so the system thought we had a standard header when it was actually magnetic on one and vice versa.
I had to use my phone like you did to take pictures to show them what I was talking about in order to them to send me the right signs.
That was when I started calling My Support the Black Hole.

Mysupport has become so useless. I never got the Christmas Front of Store kit, and after a dozen emails back and forth attempting to explain what a FOS Front of Store overhead signing kit was ( even gave the instruction sheet part number so they could see what I'm talking about), I gave up. I will never use it again. Never. BIG waste of Target's money.

Anyone else having unusally high instances of missing kits? I no longer get a supply pallet on a specific day. I get a pallet 1 random day a week, and then a box or two on the other day's trailers and many boxes through the back door. Even then, I get other store's large kits almost every week. I sweep those boxes back and give the store a call, but I never get the same curtesy.

Any one else get the B/G T-wall sign kit that goes behind the Dog mannequin? I'm missing that.

Oh, thanks for the information on sending photos signkitty. Even then, i doubt if it would help with the current mysupport. I swear it is based in a foreign country that the persons have never stepped in a Target store before...

We didn't get a lot of stuff for this week. No Valentine backer paper at all. Oh but we did get another's stores overhead heart.

Do you have access to Mysupport? When I got into my plano position I mysupported for access to SAP. They sent me back a reply a few days later and now I have access. HR can't do it for you. Just mysupport that you are a new signing TM and you need access.

Would this work for me? I am a Perishables Assistant.

It looked like last years, LOVETACULAR tunnel of love. Only one arch though. Also two directionals were in the box. I called around to see if anyone had some spare paper with no luck. A few stores didn't get the paper either.

Is our signing ninja the person that would order supplies for softlines? I need the little hooks that can go in the tag gun, a couple more tag guns, the plastic inserts for display boots and the brand signs for shoes. We don't have a TL for softlines & I'm just a brand TM.

Is our signing ninja the person that would order supplies for softlines? I need the little hooks that can go in the tag gun, a couple more tag guns, the plastic inserts for display boots and the brand signs for shoes. We don't have a TL for softlines & I'm just a brand TM.

This may vary by store. At my store, the signing ninja does all the SAP orders. But in other stores, anyone with SAP access may submit orders.

TOT, wish I would have come on here earlier. Glad you guys found the part number for the label holders. I order mine in a large box that usually lasts about a year, I think a search on vinyl pocket brings it up. I never received a FOS package for Xmas. I received my BTC dump bins a month after the set came down. My pallets arrive with no rhyme or reason. They are always missing something or are for the wrong store. Valentine's cane with no backer paper or mini gondola package, but had two distinct and duplicate header packages. I've been swamped with owning the fixture room with no assistance from anyone, even enforcement off putting things away. I get new and random deadlines of when the room had to be finished, always at the same time as a huge set like xmas, btc, toys, or infants, NEVER when I have a low signing week. My etls are constantly sweeping back pallets off shelves that we need. We just set mini on 14s and 22s. Now they want to get rid of the pallet of 4th quarter sortlines shelves for men's gifting. They seriously would rather throw it out, then store it, not because we don't have room either, they want empty space in steel to show their bosses. It's insane. I'm done, I'm beyond at the end of my rope. I'm working up the nerve for a hotline call, but no matter what I need to get out of here. The incompetence is so astounding I can't take it. I've been overnight for about 6 months now, working ten hour days every day. I have to clean up pog news every day, yet I'm getting reamed about the fixture room. Also supposedly all the gondola parts and my signing steel needs to go in there too. Good luck, goodbye. Apparently the dtl was mad that I keep all my paper work on a tub. Please call me when you find a real problem.

That's what I had to do after almost a year of going back and forth about two furniture endcaps.
During the remodel they had switched it so the system thought we had a standard header when it was actually magnetic on one and vice versa.
I had to use my phone like you did to take pictures to show them what I was talking about in order to them to send me the right signs.
That was when I started calling My Support the Black Hole.

This is still wrong at my store, mySupport just don't get it

Can anyone tell me what kind of hook we use to hang T-wall signs? Most of our T-wall signs aren't up or are very outdated. The hooks we were using have a lip to hold up the sign, and I think the item number has four 4's in it but it's not available on SAP anymore.

Ok thats what I thought. But I don't think any of my hardlines T-walls have a permeant sign, the softlines ones got new CSE last year as part of the update. I would think that there should be CSE that would go up if a wall is empty though.

It's the hook for the softlines T-walls. We have two 3' sections on all of the softlines T-walls. Does anyone have item numbers or know where I can find info on hooks for the CSE update (if that's what we're supposed to use)? We were in between signing ninjas, and I don't think we ever updated our signing last year.

The CSE update was almost a year ago. Are there big plastic bosrds on the walks with metal hang hooks/ metal hooks in the sides of the wall?

Some of the walls have the signing on them from before the update and the others have nothing on them. We have a few of the metal hooks but not enough to hang the signing. The number from those hooks isn't on SAP anymore. Help desk said the metal hooks were discontinued this past summer and doesn't know what else to use. Not sure what else we should do to put the signs up.

According to the Monthly Signing Update the old CSE needs to come down due to legal risk. I'm not sure what you can do if you didn't update last year. There were about 5 pallets of supplies sent to the stores they had new fixtures and new signs for every wall in the store. I guess you can try double sided tape if your desperate but you may need to look into bigger issue if the update was not done at all.

The T walls at my store now use two plastic boards with a big piece of card board mounted on it. They are held to the walls by metal bracelets that go in the slots up the side. The signs are changed by putting them in the plastic holders and useing small pins to hold them in place.

I still did need hanging hooks for the outer walls though so some should exist somewhere on SAP. However I did not need to order any since we had them holding up the old signs.

Back