MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Put
I like the look of them on a shelf with fencing, but the upper part using faceouts just seems so dangerous.

The hanging bars should be at the bottom to minimize dangerous situations. Above the softlines I put the travel size baskets to use for the other softlines bars and put dividers in between so the 2 foot and 1.5 foot could be in the same basket :)

Also, don't use softlines bars, use seasonal bars the softlines can be fiddled with too easily for it to be considered safe.

My store switched over to manniquins early this year. With that came those horrid banners. I say "horrid" only because they don't stay up. At least twice a week a guest (both children and adults) pull them down. Like literally yank on them. It has become such a hassle. I have lost eight of the little black stoppers and three cables have snapped in half. Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone know if I can order the stoppers without ordering the frame? All I can find is the set on SAP.

Our store switched over to mannequins in February of this year. I received two sets of frames without the stoppers. I ordered the frames. They just came in last week. I also ordered one set of cables. One of them I pulled too much making it to short and I couldn't pull it back down. Luckily, I haven't had problems of replacing or fixing anything. You should tape the stoppers to the frame. Hopefully that can help sustain them in the frame.

do shippers fall under signing

because god bless the fact that this round of cosmetics endcaps, we are only missing ONE SHIPPER. #bless I'm hoping there's nothing that goes on the beacon that isn't there...

do shippers fall under signing

because god bless the fact that this round of cosmetics endcaps, we are only missing ONE SHIPPER. #bless I'm hoping there's nothing that goes on the beacon that isn't there...

Depends on the shipper. If it's a filled built shipper it doesn't fall on me. If it's a cardboard puzzle of paper cuts then it is useally my cardboard puzzle of paper cts.

Sometimes shippers get backstocked, maybe it's in the backroom hiding?

If it is, it's hidden pretty good. I searched the HBO2 valley, the HBO1/Pharmacy valley, the cosmetics valley, the signing steel, the fixture room, the small bit in the steel near receiving where shippers sometimes end up. TBH, it's not a problem, it's the basedeck of the Sally Hansen salesplanner with product that can stand upright on it's own and is able to stand up perfectly well that I don't need to put 50 bajillion things there.

TBH, I'm glad it's not a mascara shipper. Kill me whenever we lose those >.>

If the shipper's DPCI starts with 004 it is generally a shipper that comes through signing.

If the DPCI begins with something else like 052 (for cosmetics) then it generally will come in through the flow / receiving process.

Are we getting rid of the old 3x5 and 3x3 ad card stock now that we've switched over to adhesive signage?

Alrighty need some help. In Loreal, there's a lipstick holder for the "pinks". It has lip pencil #105, and the lipstick in it is 135, 140, 580, and I think 251. I cannot for the life of me find the part number for the bullnose sign or the sign that goes in the holder. Anybody know?

Alrighty need some help. In Loreal, there's a lipstick holder for the "pinks". It has lip pencil #105, and the lipstick in it is 135, 140, 580, and I think 251. I cannot for the life of me find the part number for the bullnose sign or the sign that goes in the holder. Anybody know?

Do you have the POG number? Usually when I can't find the sign number, I do it by process of elimination of what's in the POG line listing for that section.

Also, after every cosmetics set (or revision), I keep the POGs because if something goes missing, I can easily look it up, because online POG is a PITA for finding the sign numbers.

Do you have the POG number? Usually when I can't find the sign number, I do it by process of elimination of what's in the POG line listing for that section.

Also, after every cosmetics set (or revision), I keep the POGs because if something goes missing, I can easily look it up, because online POG is a PITA for finding the sign numbers.

All I know is that it's the most recent Loreal POG number. I'll check it when I'm in work next

Was there a major reset in cosmetics?
If so, I'm willing to bet those signs were on the bottom of a great big box with a single sheet of backer paper and one environmental with all the small signs stuck to the bottom.

there are 89 MISSING SIGNS IN COSMETICS I'M NOT HAPPY
Holy shit, I thought I was coming across a lot of missing crap in my trailer. But it was going back to Dec of last year if not longer....

...I know I have a square box and ISM envelope for Loreal this week as well as Maybelline. I'll check when I get in tomorrow morning.

Anyone ever figure out what the number is for the black wire used in electronics? The one used to secure Beats headphones. There were a couple on sap that might be it, but no pictures and no description that makes sense. I'll probably end up my supporting it but I kinda had some hope for an actual solution.

Any one getting 40 hours the week of your back to school set? Since the hours have been cut in half, I'm wondering how everyone is doing.

Yea minus 8 for doing the add on Sunday. I hope I actually get time to build the shippers ahead of the bts set since I've not been able to do any signing for the last 3 weeks from doing other workcenters. Such a big backlog of stuff.

That's what I'm afraid of, working in other work centers when the storm is coming. I want to get ahead and not fall behind.

Back